by Adam Meyers
We've been doing that; there's a thread on the backer's forum for any and all editing typos, rules concerns, and any other problems people have found, so we can make sure to catch all of them before sending the book off to print.
Please put out a call for review & edits of the final PDF before sending it to the printer. No matter how good your editor is, I guarantee that readers will find errors or sections that are unclear. I'm (still) looking forward to receiving this.
I might have some problem with schedule, but reverse to what you might think of. I'm literally combing the PDF for errors and as you can see in the thread on the forum, I've noticed a lot. Even if some of isn't of need of correction, I don't expect a slowdown in the second half. So I'm trying to get through everything as fast as I can without compromising on the quality, but I fear that I won't be able to proofread everything.
Hopefully that fear is in the end unfounded, but I know that I wouldn't be happy knowing that some errors are in the printed book which I could have possibly found with more time at hand. Also, there is no way I notice everything what might be wrong. If I understand your planning, you don't seem to devote much time for people to playtest the newest material.
This means that this part is very likely in need of errata. I've pledged more than the average backer, so if I'd later end up having a printed book containing errors - errors avoidable by deferring the actual print for a bit - I would be decidedly less happy than I could be.
So my proposal would be to publish the PDF according to schedule, but wait one or two rounds of feedback before actually giving the printer a go. If you feel uncomfortable with this plan you could also ask other backers what their opinion is.
Thanks for listening!
I have to say I am not a fan of launching another KS when this one has not been fulfilled and it's running more than a year late... But good luck with it.