Extended Official Trailer
Short Play #1 (Minor Spoilers)
Short Play #2 (Minor Spoilers)
Short Play #3 (Minor Spoilers)
Case Log ID: #2387 October 29th, 2008
"When you came home from school that day, and you found him, the engine was still running, and the exhaust fumes were heavy in the air to the point of suffocation. Even though the garage door was closed, you instinctively opened it when you heard the rumble of the engine coming from the other side. Your father was dead."
The Detective Chapters is a story-driven choices matter first-person adventure game. You are an aspiring detective trying to make a name for yourself, but your life seems to be heading in all the wrong directions. Your mother is a drug-addicted alcoholic, your father died mysteriously. Was it suicide? No one knows for certain. You're a college dropout and now work the graveyard shift at the local convenience store to make a pittance. Your girlfriend is relentlessly on your butt about going back to school, but maybe you have other plans. Chose your path to happiness and find answers to secrets dead and buried.
- First person adventure point and click.
- Interactive environment.
- An in-depth story that evolves based on your choices.
- Multiple endings and type your own dialog.
- Character moods towards you will change depending on your choices.
- Solve the mystery.
- Multiple choice dialog trees.
- Play as a male, female or other.
- A dark and gritty atmosphere.
- $2,327.17 The Base game is made for PC and available on Steam and other websites.
- $5,784.14 Mac and Linux versions.
- $12,291.05 Localization. Translations include, but not limited to. English (Original), Spanish, Chinese Simplified, German, Italian, French, Portuguese, Japanese.
- $21,102.01 Voice-overs. The game is currently subtitled only, but with enough funds, we can hire voice talent.
- $32,478.63 PS4 and XBOX ONE console ports.
- $47,001.02 Mystery goal TBD.
Risks and challenges
The project is now in its second year of development and is pre-alpha. As with any project, inevitable risks can occur unexpectedly. One of the largest risks as most backers already know is deadline setbacks. While I feel as though I have set myself with a highly attainable launch deadline. There is no predicting the future and life happens. With that being said I plan to make every effort to achieve my backers expectations.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (44 days)