Meet Latice Hawai'i
For eons Pele fought the Mo’o for dominion over Hawai’i. The Mo’o summoned the elements and the animals of Hawai'i to create an insurmountable challenge. Do you have what it takes to become the champion of Hawai'i?
In Latice Hawai’i, players take turns laying tiles that each present an animal and an element. Tile placement requires the animal or the element to match adjacent tiles. Extra moves are earned for superior strategy. Easy to learn, hard to master, Latice Hawai’i is the perfect addition to any collection, be it humble as a gecko or worthy of the game rooms of Maui and Pele.
Finally, a board game the whole family will love
Latice Hawai'i is the relaunched version of the acclaimed strategy board game Latice. This game is the culmination of 4 years of painstaking, passion-fueled work, and represents creator Brent Vincent's vision of his personal dream board game.
The new edition features new components and thoughtfully revised content to create the best possible updated version of the game. For more information about these revisions, click here.
Reasons to back Latice Hawai'i during the Kickstarter campaign
- Previous versions of Latice earned over 500 5-star reviews and a 4.5 star average on Amazon since their introduction in 2016, but went out of print in mid-2018. You'll play a key role in not only bringing back the board game but in creating the definitive version of Latice. We can't do it without you!
- You'll be one of the first people to play the new game.
- You'll get lifetime membership in the World Latice League (no ads; unlimited plays, hints and power-ups; & all current and future themes inside the Latice iOS/Android App).
- You'll get the game with up to a 50% discount off the retail price.
- You'll get the Kickstarter-exclusive white sleeve (above) at no extra cost.
If you can't donate please share with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or any other forum that you think would like the project.
How to Pledge
Kickstarter is the world's largest funding platform for creative projects. Every month, tens of thousands of people pledge millions of dollars to creative projects in dozens of categories.
A person who supports a project is called a "backer." The process of giving money to this project is called a "pledge."
In return for your pledge, we (the creators of the campaign) are able to offer "rewards," depending on the amount you pledge. For example, if you pledge $25 to help back the project, we'll offer you a copy of the game along with any stretch goals we achieve as soon as it is manufactured.
You can become a backer in just three easy steps:
- Step 1: Read through the pledge levels and rewards we're offering in the right sidebar of this page.
- Step 2: Click the large, green "BACK THIS PROJECT" button to the right of the trailer video at the top of this page.
- Step 3: Enter your pledge amount, and complete the steps for filling in your information. This process takes just a few seconds! That's it! It's really that simple! Thank you for backing!
Once you've backed this project, we encourage you to share this page on social media and with your friends and family. Also, be sure to like Latice on Facebook for real-time updates about this project!
Manufacturing and Shipping
If you like the game, please back us on Kickstarter! We are working with Nantong Meijia, one of the leading game manufacturers in the world to get the game produced and delivered to your doorstep.
- Early May: KS completes. We finish all remaining graphic design and development.
- May: Submit Files to manufacturer
- June: Manufacturing
- July: Shipping from China begins
- August: Arrives in ports
- Late August: Fulfillment commences
- September: Fulfillment completed. Most backers have their copies.
Friendly Shipping — We offer a friendly shipping to EU, US, Canada, Australia, and China. Backers from these regions won't pay additional money for customs or other import fees. Based on any given region, we will either ship your reward directly from within the country or will fully cover all potential import fees you might get charged for.
Shipping will be charged after the campaign ends, through our pledge manager. Shipping costs in the USA are as follows:
- USA (including Alaska & Hawai'i): $3 per game
Below are shipping cost estimates outside the USA. Actual shipping cost outside the U.S. may rise depending on how the campaign develops, and which add-ons you pledge for (especially the whole boxed game add-ons).
- CANADA: $15 to most places.
- EUROPE: 17€ to EU countries. 23€ to the non EU countries.
- ASIA: $20 to most countries.
- OCEANIA: $25 to Australia and New Zealand.
- SOUTH AMERICA/LATIN AMERICA: $35 to Mexico, $55 to most other countries.
- REST OF THE WORLD $40-$55 to most other countries.
We DO NOT SHIP to PO Boxes domestically or internationally, nor to Afghanistan, Brazil, Burma, Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Russia, Sudan, Syria, Ukraine or Kazakhstan.
We expect to deliver rewards to backers in September 2019. Note this is an estimate and it's possible it will change. In addition, delivery to different countries can vary due to regional differences in shipping systems and customs issues. We'll keep you informed of all timeline changes via post-campaign updates.
To ensure that we can fulfill the Rewards on this accelerated timeline there will be a limited two-week window for the Pledge Manager following the end of the campaign which will open as soon as Kickstarter has finalized its collection of payments and transmitted the funds raised in the campaign to us. If you back this campaign you will be notified via email direct from Adacio when the Pledge Manager is open.
As with the original Latice Kickstarter, we’ll keep backers informed of any problems or issues as we get the games finished, manufactured and sent to your door. This project will be no different. We don't believe in updates for the sake of them, but we aim for an update once a week during a campaign, and once every 2-3 weeks after the campaign is over.
As with our previous campaign, if you're unsatisfied with the condition of any of the components you receive, we'll replace them. This minimizes the risk to you.
Risks and challenges
Throughout the years we’ve sold and shipped over 100,000 games. However, the publication of a game is a highly involved process. It can be prone to mistakes and delays, even for experienced publishers. Fortunately, we know how to work through or prevent most of these issues by now and are well prepared with design to enter the manufacturing phase immediately after the Kickstarter ends. In any case, we’re 100% dedicated to backer communication and will always be transparent about our process with regular updates along the way.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)