This planner is not just… A planner. Or a diary. Or a calendar. (Ops, maybe we got the wrong name for it! Ok, just kidding.)
So, what we are talking about? Before you ever go on reading all the nice stuff we put on this page, here are four quick reasons why you need to back up this project and get your copy of The 90 Day Action Planner now.
What do you get from The 90 Day Action Planner?
This is not like any other planners you never got to use.
We know you bought one million planners before, and you never really used them. We did too. The 90 Day Action Planner introduces you to a method to define your main goals, from your life purpose, to your long term vision for your business, all down to the actions you need to take every day to make great things happen. No space for to-do lists or daily chores. It allows space only for the actions that will bring you closer to your vision: those are the important step that you really need to take and we will make sure you do. Because…
This is a book, a full training and 90 days of support, all in a compact package.
Yes, it is not just the book you are buying. Together with the book, you will get a full training on how to use The 90 Day Action Planner, to set you in action right away. Then you will have our support for 90 days – January-March 2018 – through The 90 Day Action Planner Challenge, where we deliver tips and strategies in your mailbox to keep you moving forward with your creative ideas. (And if you prefer not to hear from us at all, great, we will not take it personally!)
This is a community.
Being an entrepreneur is wonderful. We are all in it for the freedom, working in your pajamas, sleeping late in the morning after pulling an all-nighter… But it is so lonely sometimes. Together with The 90 Day Action Planner we are building an online community of creative entrepreneurs where to connect, grow and learn together, and you are very welcome to join us right now! (Just go here: bit.do/colab-community)
This is a way to give back.
By backing the project, you will not only support yourself and your business. You will also support our work with Ateneo LSE (Leadership and Social Entrepreneurship) Netherlands. The Ateneo LSE Netherlands program aims to help Filipinos learn leadership, financial literacy and social entrepreneurship skills that they can use in starting their businesses in the Netherlands or in the Philippines.
My struggle with planning and organizing my ideas started very early. I still remember having piles of notebooks as a child, that I tried to keep organized and nice, but after a couple of pages invariably ended up as a hiding space for scribbled pieces of paper, post its, and half finished sketches.
Being equipped with a rebellious, very creative and wildly imaginative mind made my life quite difficult. Struggling with mental illness since a young age didn't help. I grew up frustrated with the inability to express my inner world and turn my many ideas into reality.
I managed to find my space as a working creative, making a living as a graphic designer, but the struggle with organizing, prioritizing and planning was still very alive!
Most of my projects had been supported by sheer passion and a big dose of grit, but this method was consuming all my energies, leaving me empty and stressed. I knew I needed to find a way to structure my ideas and create a system that supported me in building the life I wanted, or I was going to have another (of many) burn out.
When I started working with Lana – she was helping me with my course on creativity and a book I still plan to write – one day she asked me to make a simple plan of my activities for the year 2017, just to see when I could place my classes. I spent a whole week in a panic state, avoiding the idea of "planning" altogether. I had to admit to her, and myself, that I have a huge resistance to planning.
Together, we found a way for me to integrate planning and structure in my work, without losing the flow and spontaneity that I loved.
The 90 Day Action Planner is the fruit of this life-long battle to get things done in my own, creative way, and I hope it will be helpful for other messy minds like me!
In May 2014, I received a devastating news – I was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 37. The two years that followed were a period of treatments and recovery. However, what I experienced post treatment was a common occurrence among people who did chemotherapy, a condition called “chemo brain”.
Chemo brain is a common term used to describe thinking and memory problems that can occur after cancer treatment. As a highly structured person, I found myself at a loss in how to plan my day, prioritize my time and create the things I want to do. I had to re-adjust my way of planning and my way of managing my energy which led me to research on various tools and techniques on planning and productivity. It also made me try various apps, productivity strategies and tried to find those that worked for me.
I needed a planner that can help me capture my ideas and be assured that I will not be forgetting them. I also needed a system where I can explore my thoughts even deeper on my life purpose and what I want to achieve for myself. When I started working with creative entrepreneurs as a clarity coach, I realized that they too have the same struggles in capturing ideas and making their goals happen.
Together with Eleonora, we set out to create a planner that will meet all these needs and more. The 90 Day Action Planner is a culmination of all that research, testing and redesigning.
This planner is created with one intention in mind – to help creators and innovators grow their business and thrive, by offering a space to capture their business goals and aligned actions for the next 90 days.
You might be wondering: Why 90 days?
Planning for 3-5 years – or even one entire year! – can get overwhelming and oftentimes lead to inaction. Research backs up the concept that 90 days is the ideal time frame to set goals and accomplish them.
This is the reason why we created The 90 Day Action Planner to support you in accomplishing the goals that you set out for yourself within a reasonable time frame. It is a compact, to the point and helpful planner to get you productive!
As entrepreneurs, we have been on a look-out for planners to meet our needs. We wanted to have a space to capture and combine big vision and aligned actions all in one space but current planners in the market are mainly focused as daily agendas or journals.
Understanding the special needs of creative and innovative entrepreneurs in capturing ideas and making them visible, we decided to come up with the The 90 Day Action Planner to help us keep track of the direction we are going from our life purpose, to our big goals, to our daily actions.
At Co.LAB we believe in aligning our actions to support the expression of our life purpose, our deeper why. We believe that to make it happen we need to make our ideas be visible and hold ourselves accountable for our desired outcomes. Having goals and clear vision in our business are essential and getting things done will help scale it even more.
What is unique about The 90 Day Action Planner is the clarity it can help you in defining your life purpose, setting your goals for your business, connecting you to your core needs, evaluating obstacles, plotting your actions and creating a support system that can anchor you in reaching your goals.
You can consider The 90 Day Action Planner as a condensed, portable version of the Co.LAB method: We packed in it all our best strategies and tools to get you from idea to action – fast and effectively – and keep your work on track.
The 90 Day Action Planner is a very flexible and powerful tool. You can find your own way to make it work for you!
The 90 Day Action Planner is divided into 4 main parts: About You, About Your Business, About Your Goals, and About Your Progress.
- Your Life Purpose: Through this section you will identify the compass that guides your choices and keeps you motivated in your activities by identifying areas that are in your zone of genius, experiences that ignite your passion and activities that keep you focused. Explore your 3Ps – Potential, Passion and Perseverance: What do you do best? What ignites your fire? When are you most likely to persevere? This section will help you identify your strong points.
ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS:
- Your Vision: Try your hand in imagining and visualizing the impact and influence you want to create with your business. Casting your vision allows you to know your end in mind and to clarify the “who and what” of your business.
- Your Dream Client: Creating a detailed profile can get you connected to their needs, their pains and gains and their aspirations.
- Your Manifesto: Craft your manifesto! This is a public declaration of beliefs, intents and aims. It helps you reconnect with why you do what you do and to share it easily with others.
- Your Power: Re-evaluate your business by focusing on your superpowers, improving your weak points, being aware of the obstacles to your business and magnifying opportunities.
- Your Supporters: Identify your circles of connection. Who we connect with is equally important in building a scalable and thriving business. Practicing intentionality on who we want to connect with can greatly help entrepreneurs build meaningful relationships.
ABOUT YOUR GOALS:
- The Assess, Brain Dump and Classify method of goal setting will guide you in being laser focused on what you want to accomplish. Through the method, you will identify the three main projects you will focus on in the next 90 days: These are the projects that will produce the most leverage for your business.
ABOUT YOUR PROGRESS:
This section is the actual “planner” part of the book. You will find 3 identical sections, each one covering 30 days, or one month.
- Monthly Overview: Get a quick glance on what to expect for the month and also set your intentions on who you want to connect with, what your core needs are and your guiding word and quote for the month to keep you in aligned action.
Weekly Braindump: This is a space to dump all that is going to happen within the week. List all the tasks that you have planned. Include everything you can think of, from housework, doctor appointments, family related events, and of course work.
Write in the right column what to do with the task, following the “How is this task?” scheme, a version of the Eisenhower matrix which is a proven tool to make decisions, to make sure you give priority to the things that bring you closer to your goals.
Here you will also find a section to indentify at least three core actions you will take in the week and three people you want to connect with. The “check-boxes” will make sure you track your progress. And don’t forget to make plans on how you will celebrate at the end of the week!
- Daily Progress: This is the page where you got specific about your daily tasks. Use this page to track your progress in taking the core steps to reach your goals. This is not the space for your daily to-do list! Here you can write down three small (or big) actions you will take in the day that are important to bring your business forward. You will plan in advance knowing who or what is supporting you in that action and what you will do in case you are faced with a challenge. This page also has a space for your Gratitude List. Writing what we are grateful for is scientifically proven to help us get connected to ourselves and to our big purpose. Not to mention that this is a habit that successful people use in their daily lives to create the life and business that they dream of.
- End of Week Check-in: We believe that the practice of assessing our progress helps in keeping us on track to reaching our goals. Check-ins are powerful ways to evaluate what we felt for the week, what core needs were met and what challenges were faced and how to learn from them. It also gives an opportunity to reflect on one’s mood and energy level and to reinforce which activities helped sustain engagement.
- Celebration and Assessment Wheel: This spread is allotted for writing major accomplishments (Creations), nagging questions in your business (Curiosities), opportunities for joint ventures (Collaborations), client management (Clients), connections that were formed (Connections) and lastly clarity on the challenges, new learning or momentum achieved (Clarity).
At the end of the Planner...
We know you have one million ideas and often s difficult to choose “just” a few to act on. This planner is designed to be your guide in focusing on growing your business and because of that, we ask you to focus first on the projects that can bring you more visibility, clients, interesting opportunities, useful connections, more profit. To avoid the “too many ideas, too little time” panic – you know what we are talking about, right? – we dedicated last section of the planner to a space for quickly capturing ideas and for writing notes. At the end of the 90 days, you will be ready to start the selection process again and make them happen... With a brand new 90 Day Action Planner!
This planner is nothing like you saw before! We created and designed it with creative and innovative entrepreneurs in mind, to offer them a tool they can really use to make things happen. We put together our personal experience as creatives, the input of all our entrepreneur colleagues and early testers, and proven methods backed by science. You will learn new tools along the way that will support your creative thinking and get the job done in your business.
Beautifully designed with love:
Eleonora used all her magic to design an easy to read, fun to use and visually engaging book. We know creatives like to use things in their own way, so this planner is very flexible and full of possibilities for you to use it in your own, peculiar way.
- Hardcover book, nice and sturdy to resist everyday use
- Smooth white paper, easy to write on with pen, pencil or markers
- 180 pages
- Practical, easy to carry around A5 size (148x210 mm).
Any backer who will buy one or more books, will also have access to our "Introduction to The 90 Day Action Planning Method" online workshop!
Then you will have our support for 90 days – January-March 2018 – through The 90 Day Action Planner Challenge, where we deliver tips and strategies in your mailbox to keep you moving forward with your creative ideas.
(And if you prefer not to hear from us at all, great, we will not take it personally! Just let us know.)
Choose the level you wish to back:
- Friend: Pledge € 5 or more and you will get our eternal gratitude for supporting our dream, a big virtual hug, and a full high resolution pdf of our poster “Make Great Things Happen”.
- Supporter: One book € 35. A copy of The 90 Day Action Planner delivered straight to your door (or wherever you want us to ship it!) + Access to our 2-hour "Introduction to The 90 Day Action Planning Method" online workshop + The 90 Day Action Planner Challenge.
- Cheerleader: Two books € 60 (buy one for yourself and one for your friend) + Access to our 2-hour "Introduction to The 90 Day Action Planning Method" online workshop + The 90 Day Action Planner Challenge.
- Enthusiast: Four books to cover a whole year of planning and action for €105 (buy three get one free) + Access to our 2-hour "Introduction to The 90 Day Action Planning Method" online workshop + The 90 Day Action Planner Challenge.
- Avid Fan: For € 300 euros you get 12 planners + One “Make Great Things Happen” t-shirt + Access to our 2-hour "Introduction to The 90 Day Action Planning Method" online workshop + The 90 Day Action Planner Challenge.
- Action Accelerator: For € 450 euros you get 12 planners + One “Make Great Things Happen” t-shirt + Access to our 2-hour "Introduction to The 90 Day Action Planning Method" online workshop + The 90 Day Action Planner Challenge + A 2-hour one-on-one online planning consultation.
Every backer will also:
- Receive a beautiful PDF download of our “Make Great Things Happen” poster created by Eleonora
- Contribute to Co.LAB support of Ateneo LSE Netherlands.
Is this your first time backing a project on Kickstarter?
Kickstarter is a way for us to raise money to produce and print The 90 Day Action Planner. You buy the number of planners you would like, complete in your payment details and – voila! – you are now a "backer" of the project.
Only once we reach our funding goal, your payment will be processed and we will get the funds. The money will go to printing and shipping the planners.
How to order and process your payment:
- Click the green button "Back this Project" on this page (on the top right).
- Select the reward level you would like to back.
- Pay the pledge amount including the shipping.
Share with your friends and family
We would love you to share this project with friends and family! Help us in our goal of supporting more and more creative entrepreneurs in making their ideas happen and thrive in their businesses! The world need more creativity and good ideas to happen.
First goal of € 7,500 Our goal of € 7,500 will cover the writing, editing and designing costs, the printing costs for the books, shipping and taxes. Once these costs have been met, we will receive a small share of the funds to cover our time putting the book together.
With your backing, you also help us in supporting Ateneo LSE (Leadership and Social Entrepreneurship) Program in the Netherlands.The Ateneo LSE Program aims to help Filipinos learn leadership, financial literacy and social entrepreneurship skills that they can use in starting their businesses in the Netherlands or in the Philippines.
It is a not-for-profit social initiative that has helped over 1000 Filipinos in 11 cities. The Ateneo LSE Program strives to empower Filipino migrants by honing not only their entrepreneurial acumen but also nurturing within them a conscious choice for nation-building.
We already printed a batch of the planner to give to the graduates of the 2017 edition, to help them put their business plans to action and make things happen! Your backing will support us in covering those costs too.
Second goal of €15,000 If we get to €15,000 (wow!) we will of course print and ship more books and start developing an app based on The 90 Day Action Planner for all backers and for the graduates and student of the Ateneo LSE Netherlands.
Third goal of €30.000 If we recover from the shock of getting so much funding, we will use the money to create a full online training based on The 90 Day Action Planner and will give access to it to all the backers and to the graduates and students of the Ateneo LSE Netherlands.
Fourth goal of €60.000 We like to dream big, so we dream of getting enough funding to be able to bring The 90 Day Action Planner to even more creatives and we will expand the concept into creating other planners that we already have in mind, plus a more expanded version of our training.
Eleonora is a multipassionate professional with more than 20 years of experience in the fields of creativity, communication, and branding. With a MA in Philosophy, and a BA in Graphic Design, she brings together the scientific approach and her hands-on experience on being creative for a living. In 2014 she founded The Creativity Project, to research creativity in all its aspects and guide people in exploring the fantastic worlds hidden in their minds, expand the possibilities of their vision, help them map out the options and express their potential in the world. In her work as a painter, she explores the possibilities of materials and of being in the moment.
Lana is an Educational consultant for International organizations and schools. She provides training and support on various areas related to curriculum design, project planning and personal development. Her background in Family Life and Child Development along with her certifications on Gifted and Talented Education, Reading Instruction and Making Thinking Visible has shaped her passion on creating a culture of learning and engagement. In her mentoring sessions, she emphasizes on getting clarity with one’s intentions, designing content that connects and building engaged communities.
Together we founded Co.LAB!
Co.LAB is an online business learning platform and community for creative and innovative entrepreneurs to connect, share, grow and thrive doing what they love.
Eleonora brings to Co.LAB her unique point of view on being an highly creative person with a different wired mind, her experience in branding and her mission to support entrepreneurs in expressing their unique, weird self.
Lana brings in Co.LAB her knack in looking at the big picture and making it visible into actionable steps, plus her love for building strong, supportive communities.
Co.LAB stands for: Community, Collaborate, Connect, Cooperate, Coordinate, Co-exist, Co-work, Co-create... As you can see, it is very important for us to build and sustain a community that can provide you with practical information, emotional support and opportunities to connect and create together.
It is also a laboratory where experiments take place in a safe, supporting environment, where knowledge is exchanged and new connections are made: A place where great things happen!
We based our concept on a – quite depressing – reality check: Roughly 20% of new businesses survive past their first year of operation. Around half of all businesses no longer exist after five years and only one-third make it past their 10th anniversary.
For those, who do get ahead, they find themselves stuck in a plateau and don’t know how they can scale their business. They also find it difficult to be doing all the things in their business on their own. Oftentimes, they find entrepreneurship lonely, frustrating and de-motivating.
Co.LAB aims to dispel the false myth of the “starving artist” (or “starving creative or innovator”) by making sure everybody has the tools, training and community they need to thrive in their business, support themselves and their families by doing what they love, and make their impact in the world.
We know it is possible to thrive, not starve, by using your talents. We believe you have a vision and it is important to share it with the world: It is unique, it is powerful, and if you don’t find a way to express it, it will be lost. We support you in fulfilling your own, very personal definition of success.
We are also aware that creative minds are quite unique and they often like to learn things in a fun, engaging way, following their own schedule and their specific needs, instead of getting information in a pre-packaged way. But at the same time, they need some structure and a good plan to bring their ideas to life. We worked hard to put together all these needs and design our trainings and tools especially for highly creative minds!
Co.LAB supports creative and innovative entrepreneurs by providing strategy, systems and structure to help them define success based on their life purpose, generate financial stability and free their time to focus on their authentic creative work.
Our partners who are our strongest cheerleaders and our strictest reviewers. We are glad that they can support us in this endeavor and have encouraged us along the way.
Our children who are our inspiration and our greatest example of creativity and making things happen!
Our Action Catalysts members for their feedback and beta-testing our ideas... And the planner.
Our animation director, Giuseppe Milani, and our motion graphic designer, Emiliano Giubilo, for helping us bring our video to life in exchange for Italian-Filipino food!
Our creative friend Barbara Zonzin and Eleonora’s partner, Alessandro Felici, for giving us honest feedback on our product and our ideas for the video.
Our friend Özlem Çevik Koper for sharing part of this journey with us.
And all the people in our life who supported us, cheered for us and tolerated us when we were obsessing them with our ideas for this project!
Thank you for the love and care that you have put in the 90 Day Action Planner. During my Co.LAB journey in last couple of months I have learned a lot. The way you connect and create a community is absolutely incredible. I highly recommend Co.LAB to everybody who is building their own business. You are simply the best! – Hilda Wieland
Having this 90 Day Planner in my hands makes me feel like I have a clear unit of time to accomplish something important, that I can break the important stuff into units. For someone who has too many ideas, it creates clarity. It's a powerful tool and support. – Nathalie Hennequin
The 90 Day Action Planner is one of the best things to organize yourself: the ideas just pop up easily! I think everyone should buy one and have it near them, because if you just have an idea, you can write it there, and it will help you assess it, to brainstorm it, and to complete it. It will also track your progress: how close are you to achieve your goal? And it also shows what your values and your mission are and how those things will help you achieve your goals. My recommendation for this book is: Everybody needs to buy this! Buy The 90 Day Action Planner. – Erin Gasheim
Risks and challenges
The book is completely designed and we even had some copies already printed and distributed to the Ateneo LSE Netherlands graduates.
So the project is very low risk because the book exist and is very alive!
We just need to get the exact numbers of copies to finalize the printing and shipping details. We selected a printer who is able to handle any production numbers.
This is our first Kickstarter campaign, but we did intense research before launching it, tested our ideas and created three different versions of the planner to get to this one, that is completely ready to print.
Eleonora has 10+ years of experience in the field of editorial design, finalizing and printing process of all kinds of books. The project is fully supported by her professional background.
*** Once we get the backing fulfilled by November 15, 2017, we can ship the planners in time for the holidays!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)