Across all of space and time, the Tricksters play their game. Only a cunning few are privy to the mischief that they wreak. At long last, these champions have gathered from across the multiverse with a sole purpose: put an end to these blasted troublemakers!
Trickster is a trick-taking game of multidimensional mischief. Featuring a colorful cast of characters, each with unique abilities, no two games will ever be the same! Only the wiliest Trickster will elude the others and live to trick another day!
Trickster is a small box game for 2-6 players that plays in under 30 minutes designed by Daniel Solis. For more information, we encourage you to view the videos directly below, or simply read our draft rulebook here.
The Grand Gambit contains 49 cards, adding even more mischief for you and your fellow Tricksters! The contents of this expansion will not be included in the initial release of Trickster!
In addition to the more traditional funding goals above, we encourage our backers to follow/become a fan on the following platforms to unlock even more content!
- Trickster is the 34th project from the combined teams behind Indie Boards and Cards & Action Phase Games. With the successful execution of our first 33 projects, we have become experienced publishers with a reputation for great games (in design and production) that are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Trickster was designed by the talented Daniel Solis. This game has undergone extensive testing and development to ensure the best possible experience. We are confident that this game will be in your collection for years to come.
- Backers will have early access to The Grand Gambit, which will not be available in retail upon initial release. It may be released in the future, but if you miss this Kickstarter, we cannot guarantee that it will be available at a later date.
- The game features incredible artwork from the very talented and prolific Beth Sobel.
- All of the art assets are complete and ready for immediate upload after the project funds.
- Prices include US shipping. This project also is EU & Canadian friendly.
Kickstarter is the world's largest funding platform for creative projects. Every month, tens of thousands of people pledge millions of dollars to creative projects in dozens of categories.
A person who supports a project is called a "backer." The process of giving money to this project is called a "pledge."
In return for your pledge, we (the creators of the campaign) are able to offer "rewards," depending on the amount you pledge. For example, if you pledge $19 to help back the project, we'll offer you a copy of the game along with any stretch goals we achieve as soon as it is manufactured.
You can become a backer in just three easy steps:
- Step 1: Read through the pledge levels and rewards we're offering in the right sidebar of this page.
- Step 2: Click the large, green "BACK THIS PROJECT" button to the right of the trailer video at the top of this page.
- Step 3: Enter your pledge amount, and complete the steps for filling in your information. This process takes just a few seconds! That's it! It's really that simple! Thank you for backing!
Once you've backed this project, we encourage you to share this page on social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, and share with your friends and family. Also, be sure to like Action Phase Games on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for real time updates about this project and more!
- PEDDLER: (Pledge $1 or more) Your continued support will help the mischievous Tricksters.
- EXPLORER: (Pledge $19 or more) One copy of the base game with all of the stretch goals. Shipping included in the US. Other shipping pledge rates based on location. For additional copies in the US and international, check our rates below.
- MAGICIAN: (Pledge $28 or more) One copy of the base game with all of the stretch goals and The Grand Gambit expansion. Shipping included in the US. Other shipping pledge rates based on location. For additional copies in the US and international, check our rates below.
Our plan is to have Trickster available at Origins. While our current production schedule looks like Kickstarter rewards will ship out before Origins, it may be the case that we have games at Origins before the Kickstarter backer copies are sent. It may also be the case that we are unable to get games to Origins in time. I wish we were able to absolutely guarantee results - but we simply know that we can't make such commitments when so many other parties are involved in the process.
If you want Origins pickup - DO NOT PLEDGE FOR THIS PROJECT - all you have to do is sign up for our Origins email list by giving an email address here. Shortly before each event, we will ask you what you would like to reserve for Thursday pickup (NOTE: we cannot handle prepaid reservations or hold items past Thursday).
All the specials & promo items will be available in the games we bring to Origins - your support is very valuable to Indie Boards and Cards & Action Phase Games and we look forward to seeing you again this year with lots of great new games.
Risks and challenges
This is the 34th Kickstarter project from the combined teams behind Indie Boards and Cards & Action Phase Games. We have learned how to streamline the game publishing process and have successfully delivered all of our previous Kickstarter projects to thousands of supporters. Our previous experiences will enable us to also deliver this project on time and we have every confidence that Trickster will on schedule and of the highest possible quality.
That said, there are always complexities and considerations in a project of this scope that may cause delays. Indie Boards and Cards will use contract manufacturing to make this game, freight forwarders to get games through customs and 3rd parties like Amazon, the US Post Office and FEDEX to ship the games to you - we don't control everything and there are lots of opportunities for delay. We have a track record of making everything work out for backers in the end – so please be confident and supportive of our efforts to get this great game into your hands.
We can refund you within 14 days of the campaign’s end, fees included. After that, we have a policy of no questions asked, though that’s minus 20% for Kickstarter and payment processing fees (which we can’t get back from them after 14 days). However, if we’ve begun packaging your pledge for shipment (usually 4 to 6 weeks before the actual shipping date), no refunds are possible. If a component cannot be delivered AT ALL, we refund that completely, including fees.
All refunds after the 14 days close of the campaign may be processed via Paypal or reversed via Stripe to your credit card at our discretion. Refunds within 14 days are reversed via Stripe to your credit card.
This project is being funded in USD and any refunds processed will be in USD for the exact amount received in USD, excluding any applicable fees depending on the time of the refund being processed.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By pledging to this project, you acknowledge that the final look, materials and content of the rewards (and the project) are subject to change and may differ substantially from what is presented while the Kickstarter project was active.
If you do not log in and submit your project survey results (ie, provide us with your shipping address) for your pledge within 8 weeks of our notification, you agree that we have fulfilled our obligations to you in full for payment or donations received. However, we may, at our discretion, refund or ship your pledge (at additional cost for international backers) if you complete your project survey after the 8 week window has elapsed.
If you do not accept these terms, please do not pledge on this project but instead wait for the general release.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (23 days)