The foul forces of Darkmoor have amassed their legions to strike at the Capital City. Despite their well-laid machinations, something awaits them within the city walls: the realm's legendary heroes, who have gathered to council the king. Failing to siege the city, each overlord's minions must now retreat to Darkmoor lest they be captured—or worse.
In Retreat to Darkmoor!, 2-4 players assume the roles of dark overlords of the realm, each commanding an identical deck of minions. Your goal: to successfully evade the legendary heroes and take refuge in the various locations of Darkmoor. Each minion that manages to escape will count toward control of a location, but beware of your so-called collaborators, as each overlord also scores points for eliminating rival minions!
Retreat to Darkmoor! is the fourth Small Box/Big Fun game from Action Phase Games, intended for 2-4 players in 30-45 minutes. We encourage you to view the videos directly below for more information. Or simply peruse our rulebook here.
- Retreat to Darkmoor! is the seventh project from Action Phase Games, designed by Isaac Shalev and Matt Loomis. With the successful execution of six previous projects, we have become experienced as publishers. To this end, we will confidently execute this project to the same high standards.
- Isaac and Matt have successfully designed a game that is accessible to gamers of all ages and levels of experience, while offering an incredible amount of depth and replay value. Because of these factors, we have every confidence that this game will be in your collection for years to come.
- People who have demoed and play-tested this game have uniformly loved it for its charm, high level of player interaction, and accessibility.
- All of the art assets are 100% complete. This means we are ready to upload to the printer and begin manufacturing immediately after the campaign ends.
- The game is full of charming illustrations by the very talented Jacqui Davis (illustrator for Ninja Camp), with graphic design by the equally talented Scott Hartman.
- Not only do we offer free shipping in the US, but this project is EU friendly, too.
- The 16-card mini-expansion will not be available through retail or distribution channels.
Kickstarter is the world's largest funding platform for creative projects. Every month, tens of thousands of people pledge millions of dollars to creative projects in dozens of categories.
A person who supports a project is called a "backer." The process of giving money to this project is called a "pledge."
In return for your pledge, we (the creators of the campaign) are able to offer "rewards," depending on the amount you pledge. For example, if you pledge $19 to help back the project — we'll offer you a copy of the game along with any over-funding goals we achieve as soon as it is manufactured. You'll get access weeks before it's made available to everyone else!
Pledge levels vary from just $1 to several hundred dollars. And each different level opens up a new creative reward. (For a full list, check out the right side of this page, or scroll down a bit more).
You can become a backer in just three easy steps:
- Step 1: Read through the pledge levels and rewards we're offering in the right sidebar of this page.
- Step 2: Click the large, green "BACK THIS PROJECT" button to the right of the trailer video at the top of this page.
- Step 3: Enter your pledge amount, and complete the steps for filling in your information. This process takes just a few seconds! That's it! It's really that simple! Thank you for backing!
Once you've backed this project, we encourage you to share this page on social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, and share with your friends and family. Also, be sure to like Action Phase Games on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for real time updates about this project and more!
- PEON (Pledge $1 or more): The dark lords of the realm acknowledge your praise and fealty. You have to start somewhere.
- MINION (Pledge $19 or more): One copy of Retreat to Darkmoor! with all stretch goals. Free shipping in the US. Other shipping rates based on location. For additional copies, add $17 if you live in the US; $20 if you are international.
- LIEUTENANT (Pledge $24 or more): One copy of Retreat to Darkmoor! with all stretch goals and 16-card mini-expansion. Free shipping in the US. Other shipping rates based on location. For additional copies, add $22 if you live in the US; $25 if you are international.
Risks and challenges
As this is our seventh campaign, we have learned how to streamline the game publishing process. In our first campaign, we encountered a handful of issues due to third-party partners and elements outside of our control. In our second campaign, as well as with the reprint of our first game, we managed to successfully avoid all of these issues.
As evidenced on our prior projects, we are willing to go the extra mile to solve any problems that may arise. The scope and scale of a small box project like this is less susceptible to the potential problems we have navigated in the past. We have every confidence that we will be able to deliver this game on time and that it will be of the highest possible quality.
Our greatest obstacle is simply funding the manufacture of this game.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (26 days)