Goooood morning, campers! I hope you got plenty of sleep last night, because Sensei Saru has a full day of training in store for you! So study your lessons well, and be quicker and craftier than your fellow campers, as Sensei only invites the best to be his personal apprentices. Will it be YOU?!
Ninja Camp pits animal martial artist clans against one another in a training exercise where the best clan will become the personal ninja apprentices of Sensei Saru. Each player starts with two cards, each representing a ninja skill, with the rest of the deck making up the game board. By using the cards in their hand, players navigate the board, adding new skills to their hand as they do—and leaving fewer movement options for their fellow campers. Each player also has a unique ninja ability that he can use once per game to try to turn the game in his favor. A game that sets up and plays in thirty minutes or less, Ninja Camp is sure to provide hours of fun for families and future ninjas!
Ninja Camp was designed by Adam E. Daulton and is the newest Small Box/Big Fun game from Action Phase Games. It is a family-friendly 2-4 player tactical card game that plays in under 30 minutes. We encourage you to view the videos directly below for more information. Or simply peruse a rough draft of the rulebook here!
The Badges & Activities mini-expansion for Ninja Camp introduces two new types of cards. At the beginning of each game, you can choose to play with a Badge card, an Activity card, or both. To play with either card type, you simply draw one and place it faceup so that everyone can see it. It is not a part of the grid that you will move your ninjas around on. The twelve Activities cards add a some complexity to the game by introducing a new rule for that game. Many of these will allow you to use the skill cards in new ways. Badge cards reward players for collecting the most of the associated card. For example, if the Leap Badge card is revealed at the beginning of the game, the player with the most Leap skill cards at the end of the game will receive two points. With most games of Ninja Camp being decided by just a few points, these two points can make all the difference!
To receive this mini-expansion, simply pledge for the NINJA MASTER or LEGENDARY NINJA reward level. You may also just add $5 to your pledge for each copy of Badges & Activities that you would like to receive.
- Ninja Camp is the fourth project from Action Phase Games and was designed by Adam E. Daulton. With the successful execution of our first three projects, we have become experienced as publishers. We will confidently execute this project to the same high standard.
- Adam E. Daulton has successfully designed a game that is accessible to gamers of all ages and levels of experience. This is a quintessential must-have game for families or gamers looking for a quick-but-deep addition to their collection. Because of these factors, we have every confidence that this game will be played for years to come.
- People who have demoed and playtested this game have uniformly loved it for its charm, high level of player interaction, and accessibility. While the game takes under 30 minutes to teach and play, the game offers a surprising amount of tactical depth and replay value.
- All of the art assets (with the exception of the two "Happy Camper" levels ) are complete.
- The game is full of charming illustrations by the very talented Jacqui Davis, with graphic design by the equally talented Christopher Byer.
- Not only do we offer free shipping in the US, but this project is EU friendly, too.
Kickstarter is the world's largest funding platform for creative projects. Every month, tens of thousands of people pledge millions of dollars to creative projects in dozens of categories.
A person who supports a project is called a "backer." The process of giving money to this project is called a "pledge."
In return for your pledge, we (the creators of the campaign) are able to offer "rewards," depending on the amount you pledge.
For example, if you pledge $19 to help back the project — we'll offer you a copy of the game along with any over-funding goals we achieve as soon as it is manufactured. You'll get access weeks before it's made available to everyone else!
Pledge levels vary from just $1 to several hundred dollars. And each different level opens up a new creative reward. (For a full list, check out the right side of this page, or scroll down a bit more).
You can become a backer in just three easy steps:
- Step 1: Read through the pledge levels and rewards we're offering in the right sidebar of this page.
- Step 2: Click the large, green "BACK THIS PROJECT" button to the right of the trailer video at the top of this page.
- Step 3: Enter your pledge amount, and complete the steps for filling in your information. This process takes just a few seconds! That's it! It's really that simple! Thank you for backing!
Once you've backed this project, we encourage you to share this page on social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, and to tell your friends. Also, be sure to like Action Phase Games on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for real time updates about this project and more!
- NINJA IN TRAINING (Pledge $1 or more): Every contribution counts. Sensei Saru admires your support.
- APPRENTICE (Pledge $19 or more) One copy of Ninja Camp with stretch goals. Free shipping in the US. Other shipping rates based on location.
- SENSEI (Pledge $36 or more) Two copies of Ninja Camp with stretch goals. Free shipping in the US. Other shipping rates based on location.
- HAPPY CAMPER (Pledge $400 or more) Your pet's likeness will be immortalized as a Ninja Clan card in every copy of Ninja Camp. In addition, you will receive two copies of Ninja Camp with all stretch goals and free shipping anywhere in the world.
Risks and challenges
As this is our fourth campaign, we have learned how to streamline the game publishing process. In our first campaign, we encountered a handful of issues due to third-party partners and elements outside of our control. In our second campaign, as well as with the reprint of our first game, we managed to successfully avoid all of these issues.
As evidenced on our prior projects, we are willing to go the extra mile to solve any problems that may arise. The scope and scale of a small box project like this is less susceptible to the potential problems we have navigated in the past. We have every confidence that we will be able to deliver Ninja Camp on time and that it will be of the highest possible quality.
Our greatest obstacle is simply funding the manufacture of this game.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)