About this project
Dreamwell is a 2-4 player competitive game featuring the art of Tara McPherson where players are trying to locate their lost friends in the Dreamwell. The Dreamwell is represented by a 4 x 4 grid of tiles. Each tile shows an environment and a creature, in addition to pathways to neighboring tiles. At the beginning of the game, players will be dealt two cards, each of which shows a picture of the friend whom he or she is trying to locate along with the two creatures and one environment that will be required to find that particular friend.
On your turn, you will be able to take three actions from the following list: move one of your Mr. Wiggles pawns, rotate a tile, draw a card, replace the card display, or locate one of your missing friends by playing a card. Only by carefully navigating the maze-like Dreamwell can you locate your friends and win the game.
Dreamwell is a game for 2-4 dreamers that plays in around 30 minutes. We encourage you to view the videos directly below for more information. Or simply peruse our rulebook here. You can also watch the full play through with the designer here.
In addition to the standard components, the deluxe version of Dreamwell includes tarot-size cards (4.75" x 2.75") instead of poker-size cards. The larger size cards better showcase Tara's amazing art. Additionally, the deluxe version comes with a box sleeve that shows an alternate cover image. The deluxe version will not be available in traditional distribution.
For more insight and opinions about Dreamwell, please enjoy the videos below from these very talented reviewers!
- Dreamwell is the sixth project from Action Phase Games and was designed by our very own Nick Little. With the successful execution of our first five projects, we have become experienced publishers with a reputation for great games (in design and production) that are delivered in a timely fashion.
- This game was inspired by the imagination of the extremely talented and prolific artist, Tara McPherson. In her career thus far, Tara has explored many creative mediums, but Dreamwell is her first foray into the world of tabletop games. All of the components in Dreamwell feature Tara's amazing artwork.
- The deluxe edition, containing tarot-size friend cards (4.75" x 2.75") and box sleeve with alternate art slipcover, will not be available in retail.
- Over the course of the last year, Dreamwell has been extensively developed and playtested. Despite the game playing in an average of 30 minutes, Dreamwell provides meaningful, strategic decisions. The variable tile setup allows for high replayability. The abilities granted by the cards provide for interesting ability chaining that yields powerful turns. The set collection aspect of scoring leads to competition over the cards that are available in the display.
- All of the art assets are complete and ready for upload after the project funds.
- The game features graphic design by the equally talented Scott Hartman.
- Not only do we offer free shipping in the US, but this project is EU friendly, too.
Kickstarter is the world's largest funding platform for creative projects. Every month, tens of thousands of people pledge millions of dollars to creative projects in dozens of categories.
A person who supports a project is called a "backer." The process of giving money to this project is called a "pledge."
In return for your pledge, we (the creators of the campaign) are able to offer "rewards," depending on the amount you pledge.
For example, if you pledge $29 to help back the project — we'll offer you a copy of the game along with any over-funding goals we achieve as soon as it is manufactured. You'll get access weeks before it's made available to everyone else!
Pledge levels vary from just $1 to several hundred dollars. And each different level opens up a new creative reward. (For a full list, check out the right side of this page, or scroll down a bit more).
You can become a backer in just three easy steps:
- Step 1: Read through the pledge levels and rewards we're offering in the right sidebar of this page.
- Step 2: Click the large, green "BACK THIS PROJECT" button to the right of the trailer video at the top of this page.
- Step 3: Enter your pledge amount, and complete the steps for filling in your information. This process takes just a few seconds! That's it! It's really that simple! Thank you for backing!
Once you've backed this project, we encourage you to share this page on social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, and to tell your friends. Also, be sure to like Action Phase Games on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for real time updates about this project and more!
- NAPPER (Pledge $1 or more): Every contribution counts. We appreciate your help.
- SLEEPKIN (Pledge $29 or more): One copy of Dreamwell with stretch goals. Free shipping in the US. Other shipping rates based on location. If you would like additional copies, add $25 to your pledge per copy, $30 if international.
- DREAMER (Pledge $38 or more): One deluxe copy of Dreamwell, which includesl tarot-size Friend cards instead of standard-sized cards, in addition to a box sleeve with alternate cover art. Stretch goals included. Free shipping in the US. Other shipping rates based on location. If you would like additional deluxe copies, add $35 to your pledge per copy, $40 if international.
- CHIMERA (Pledge $120 or more): One 20" limited edition Giclee print of the cover art signed by the artist, Tara McPherson. One deluxe copy of Dreamwell with stretch goals included. Free shipping in the US. Other shipping rates based on location. If you would like additional deluxe copies, add $35 to your pledge per copy, $40 if international.
Risks and challenges
As this is our sixth campaign, we have learned how to streamline the game publishing process. In our first campaign, we encountered a handful of issues due to third-party partners and elements outside of our control. In our second campaign, as well as with the reprint of our first game, we managed to successfully avoid all of these issues.
As evidenced on our prior projects, we are willing to go the extra mile to solve any problems that may arise. We have every confidence that we will be able to deliver Dreamwell on time and that it will be of the highest possible quality.
Our greatest obstacle is simply funding the manufacture of this game.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)