Lead the Space Agencies of the United States and the Soviet Union in their epic race to the moon in this engine building, worker placement board game.
Play on teams of one or two players where each player controls either the Engineer or the Administrator Workers for their team.
Coordinate your actions with your teammate to place an Engineer or Administrator Worker.
Each Earth space includes an Engineering and an Administrative Action. Only one can be used. Placing a worker on either Action blocks both the opposing team and your teammate from placing another worker on the Space.
Gather Resources, draft Development Cards, recruit astronauts, launch Missions, and more.
Build your engine and upgrade your Agency: convert circular temporary Resources into square permanent Resources, assign personnel, acquire bonus tiles, enhance Earth Space Actions, and attempt more challenging Missions.
Score Victory Points by launching successful Missions into space. Achieve the Moon Landing to gain a VP Bonus and end the game.
The team with the most Victory Points at the game end - wins!
Now it is your turn to take a step and leave your mark on the Moon.
You will be able to add additional games, in any combination, when filling out your pledge survey.
The following Add-Ons may be added to any Pledge level. Simply increase your pledge amount by the amounts listed on the Add-Ons. You will confirm which Add-Ons you added on the Survey sent to you at the end of the campaign.
The pictures below are of prototypes created by TheGameCrafter.com (we highly recommend using them for prototype work!).
What is shown is not representative of the final production quality.
Academy Games has a long history of producing excellent historically themed games that are both accessible and deeply strategic. Most have won awards for their fun and engaging gameplay and are known for their excellent production quality.
We encourage you to explore our titles and invite you to join us on this new adventure in history with fun gaming and friendship.
Thank you for your support,
Gunter Eickert - Academy Games Development Leader
Some of Academy Game's other titles:
Shipping will be charged during your post-Kickstarter campaign survey on which you will fill in your shipping address. Our pledge manager will use your shipping address to calculate and charge you for shipping your reward. Listed below are the estimated shipping costs. These may vary slightly and are subject to change, depending on how many stretch goals are unlocked.
The estimated shipping for each Region:
- USA: $10 to lower 48 states, for One Small Step and ALL additional games and add-ons.
- USA: $25 to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, for One Small Step and ALL additional games and add-ons.
- Canada: $15 for One Small Step and ALL additional games and add-ons.
- Europe: $15 to Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden for One Small Step, plus $10 total for ALL additional games and add-ons.
- Europe: $20 to Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland for One Small Step, plus $10 for EACH additional game and add-on.
- Croatia, Iceland, Israel, and Ukraine: $30 for One Small Step, plus $10 for EACH additional game and add-on.
- Turkey and Russia: $40 for One Small Step, plus $10 for EACH additional game and add-on.
- China and Hong Kong: $10 for One Small Step, plus $5 for EACH additional game and add-on.
- Australia and New Zealand: $25 for One Small Step, plus $10 for EACH additional game and add-on.
- Japan, S. Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam: $30 for One Small Step, plus $10 for EACH additional game and add-on.
- Indonesia: $40 for One Small Step, plus $10 for EACH additional game and add-on.
- Brazil, Chile, and Mexico: $35 for One Small Step, plus $10 for EACH additional game and add-on.
- South Africa, Jordan, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirate: $40 for One Small Step, plus $10 for EACH additional game and add-on.
Contact us for specific countries if you have any questions.
*Kickstarter Exclusive Stretch Goals, included for free with your pledge, will not enter regular distribution. However, they may be available for sale in limited supply at conventions, through contests, online at the BGG promo store, and directly from Academy Games on our website or through our Amazon store.
All images, components, game mechanics etc. shown of the game are subject to change per manufacturer's requirements and/or the publisher's preference for what is in the best interest of the game and the backers.
Risks and challenges
Academy Games' first seven Kickstarter projects: '1775 - Rebellion', 'Freedom - The Underground Railroad', 'Fief - France 1429', 'Mare Nostrum - Empires', '878 Vikings', 'Agents of Mayhem: Pride of Babylon', and 'Tudor' were all very successful.
Our growing success with each new project brought about new challenges, from which we have learned a lot. Our last four projects 'Mare Nostrum - Empires', '878 Vikings', 'Agents of Mayhem', and 'Tudor' were so successful that we unlocked all of our stretch goals.
All stretch goals and game expansions have already been fully developed and playtested. All artwork is finalized and manpower has been scheduled and set aside to make sure that One Small Step will ship in a timely manner.
Our goal is to deliver One Small Step in December 2019. Of course, if there are any delays, we will share that information with you here on Kickstarter.
We appreciate your Kickstarter support, which allows us to continue to create unique and high-quality games. We could not offer such high-quality games without your support and love for the hobby.
Uwe Eickert and Gunter Eickert
2201 Commerce Drive Fremont, Ohio 43420
- (21 days)