When I was a kid I used to look for a place to escape from my home life. Every single time, I found myself at a park in my town that quickly became a safe haven for me. I would stare into the distance and imagine mountains to try and reinvent the flat land of Northern Indiana. Over the years, I have noticed some parks being used less and less. I believe bringing new sights to our local parks will inspire our community to be more interactive again in a whole new way! I want to give kids a place to escape and see something that isn't in their normal, everyday lives. These renovated courts will help create safer environments within our local park communities and inspire kids to engage with art. We are ready for change and something as simple as reinventing the areas we see everyday can be that first step! Please help us renovate our forgotten parks and bring life to them again!
My goal with this project:
- Uplift the surrounding areas to be safer environments through the inspiration of art
- Inspire multi-generational play and bring people together to support health and wellness
- Help young children aim higher and see that they can make changes in their world too
How I plan to make this happen: I reached out to Project Backboard for help to bring this project to my city. Ever since I received Dan Peterson's direction, I've endlessly researched multiple processes to ultimately execute this project successfully.
By funding this project you will be:
• Encouraging children to chase their dreams, be more active and get out of the house more
• Uplifting our home to create safer environments for everyone
• Giving locals something to be proud of, to protect and value
• Providing the supplies to our team to paint one basketball court at a time
• Helping this project be accomplished the correct way in a timely manner
Risks and challenges
Some risks with this project are not reaching funding by the end of the warm seasons. Cold/Wet weather can delay the process. Painting these murals will only be possible between Spring to Fall.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)