About this project
Somewhere between pre-written tabletop RPG adventure modules and your own simple prep notes, there’s a sweet spot – Adventure Kits.
Adventure Kits from Absolute Tabletop provide versatile, flexible frameworks for roleplaying game adventures. Much like a model kit, some assembly is required. We provide the pieces – all you need is some paint, a little glue, and a steady hand.
Prep-light, improv-heavy GMs will enjoy the versatility and flexibility that Adventure Kits provide, while GMs who prefer going into games with a lot of prepared material will appreciate utilizing the toolkit to create a fully fleshed out adventure quickly and easily.
Within, you’ll find inspiration, mechanics, and ready-made, modular add-ons for each adventure. Use as little or as much as you need to create your unique adventure.
- Adventure Setting: A brief description of the world, realm, and region that the adventure is set in, including a quick note on how to run it in your own campaign world.
- World Primer: The most important tenets of the world that the adventure is set in. These are the details that give the world its tone and feel.
- Adventure Overview: This top-down view includes high concept details of the lore, tone, and possible conflicts.
- Map: Each Adventure Kit includes a modular map of the adventuring location for easy reference. You can find full-size maps for use with miniatures available for purchase at www.HeroicMaps.com.
- Locations: Each area of the adventure includes a flavorful description and applicable mechanics, as well as sights, sounds, and sensations.
- Encounters: This list of encounters includes at least one of each of the following: a roleplay encounter, a combat, a skill challenge, a puzzle or trap, and a climactic encounter.
- NPCs: Each Adventure Kit comes packed with a handful of unique and thematic non-player characters, complete with basic stats, personality traits, and even secrets for use in roleplay encounters.
- Resolution and Rewards: This section offers some suggested adventure resolutions and ideas for rewards and loot for the adventurers.
- Toolbox: Modular add-ons and adventure enhancements like mechanics, thematic phrases, set dressing, trinkets and loot, and simple generators for monsters, skill challenges, and traps.
Risks and challenges
Q: Can Absolute Tabletop handle this project?
A: Although this will be Absolute Tabletop’s first Kickstarter, it will be our eighteenth published RPG book, all of which we’ve written, produced, funded, managed, and delivered to customers on our own. We know our way around a production schedule, and are adept at managing projects and meeting deadlines. For us, Kickstarter is a way to reach a wider audience, and fund a larger amount of art. For our first Kickstarter, we’re keeping things simple and focused to ensure that we can deliver a quality product that is on time or early. Our track record with our customers is one of communication and over-delivering, and we plan to keep that intact here on Kickstarter.
Q: Is this book written?
A: The fully-working playtest version of the product is 100-percent written and will be made available for backers after the Kickstarter funds and closes. We have a tried-and-true writing and editing process that we know works, and have no concerns about delays.
Q: What if the complexity of executing a first Kickstarter overwhelms Absolute Tabletop?
A: We have simple, straight-forward pledge levels to make it easy for us to manage. Also note that there are no additional add-ons to this project. We’ve done that deliberately in order to keep the project manageable for our small but dedicated team.
Q: What about delays in art?
A: We'll be using artists that we’ve worked with for more than two years, who have always delivered high-quality art on or before deadline. We’ve already begun sourcing the art, working with the artists and preparing for any level of success with sketches and thumbnails so that the wheels are in motion. This makes it a simple matter of the artist finishing a piece we’ve already decided the look and feel of via thumbnail.
Q: What about increases in shipping costs?
A: We’ve done an exorbitant amount of research on this, as it’s something that can easily burn first time Kickstarters. Shipping costs constantly rise, and while we've projected them to the best of our abilities, there's not a lot we can do if they change. However, due to the limitations on the size of our product, we're confident this won't be an issue, and we have contingencies in place. In addition, we’re fair, honest people, and will be hyper communicative of any potential changes as soon as they’re a possibility. We are offering FREE shipping to all of our U.S. backers.
Q: Why is your goal so low?
A: Being our first Kickstarter, we’re trying to be shrewd, and pace ourselves. We’ve made the goal for the project as tight as possible while still being able to deliver a gorgeous, high-quality project. We’re starting small because we care about quality, and our reputation, and are taking our first Kicktarter one step at a time.
Support this project
- (30 days)