Being familiar with metal-craft and having access to the family workshop, I decided to craft a makeshift one from scrap aluminium.
This personal project took on a life of its own. A year and numerous prototypes later, the Keystone is perfected.
This story is too long for the main page. Visit this Update link for the rest of the story.
Story of the Keystone
Pictures of Keystones
Abel's Black Keystone
Carabiner, Key Ring and Gift Box
- Instruction Leaflet
- Zen Keystone
- Complete Keystone set and Colored Keystones
- Compact - The Keystone maximizes space by holding as many of your keys as possible in a 6/8" x 3 1/4"(20mm x 85mm) space.
- Silent - Your keys will never jingle.
- Stylish - The "Swiss Army Knife" look will catch the attention of those around you.
- The Steel Keystones are laser-cut stainless steel and stone-washed for 24 hours. They weigh more than the aluminium Keystones and are much tougher.
- The Raw Keystones are laser-cut aluminium, stone-washed for 72 hours and tumble-polished for 72 hours. They have a shiny finish but are not scratch-resistant.
- The Gunmetal Keystones are laser-cut aluminium, stone-washed for 72 hours, tumble-polished for 72 hours and hard-anodized. They have an extremely silky-smooth scratch-resistant surface.
- The Black Keystones are laser-cut aluminium, hand-brushed
by me, anodized black and have their edges worn off for a distinctive look. The edges are shiny. The surface is scratch-resistant.
For American backers, our distribution partner in America will send out the Keystones from America via USPS.
For international backers, delivery of the Keystones will be via Singapore Post.
Backers are responsible for any custom fees or taxes by their local post office.
- Each of your Keystones come with a free keyring upon raising $4000.
- Each of your Keystones come with a matching free carabiner upon raising $6000.
- Each of your Keystones come in a handcrafted free gift box upon raising $8000.
- Tell that friend who appreciates something like this! Share this project on Facebook!(Share button is under the video at the top of this page)
We have taken the Keystone on this journey as far as we can. The Keystone has been crafted to be as retail-worthy as possible. Now we are gathering backers so we can see the Keystone to mass production.
All backers will receive honorable mentions on the Keystone website. Back this project, obtain the stylish Keystones and bring the Keystones to life!
Wanting to get more Keystones? Good news for you! You can receive extra Keystones at lower price by simply adding an:
- Extra 17.00 to your pledge for each additional Steel Keystone.
- Extra 19.00 to your pledge for each additional Raw Keystone.
- Extra 23.00 to your pledge for each additional Gunmetal Keystone.
- Extra 24.00 to your pledge for each additional Black Keystone.
- Extra 12.00 to receive an additional set of screws and spacers enough to hold 20 keys.
Every 40.00 pledged will entitle you to a pair of FREE prototype colored frames.
Video soundtrack: "Solace" by Audiomachine
Instruction illustration: My talented cousin Markusoo
Risks and challenges
As you can see, we have worked with our suppliers to make working prototypes. All our suppliers are ready for mass production.
The Keystones are made in batches of 500. The first batch of each Keystone flavor will be on time for delivery in December 2014. If response to the project is overwhelming, new batches of 500 Keystones will be ready for delivery each subsequent month.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)