The ABC Life (Canceled)
A Simple Guide to a Great Future! ... • WALL ART + BOOK COMBO •
The ABC Life (Canceled)
A Simple Guide to a Great Future! ... • WALL ART + BOOK COMBO •
"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do"
There are a million ways and more to answer this - the mother of all existential questions.
Among them, The ABC Life might just be one of the most simple yet comprehensive in modern history! An answer with the potential also, to help this deeply troubled world in its greatest moment of need.
Adventure • Beauty • Contribution (ABC) are root values that serve our spirit's highest agendas. Together as one, they elegantly capture the essence of life, itself. Many have a business plan, but few have a life plan. This life-plan is as easy as ABC, and it's purpose runs deep.
Wall Art + Book Combo
The ABC Life manifesto (wall art) and book are the perfect pair to kickstart a more mindful embodiment of the ABC values. As a natural extension, YOU get to live a more adventurous, beautiful and contributing life! Doesn't sound so bad does it?!
Below, I expand upon both the wall art manifesto and book in more detail, before ending with an overview of the BIG picture... a world-helping mission to give hope, REAL structure. To your right, various rewards are listed. I highly recommend snapping up The Collectable! (look out for the GREEN section, below). Beyond natural beauty, over time this reward has the very real potential for a 1000%+ upside.
- The wall art + book come together, as standard, across ALL rewards tiers
- All pricing includes international delivery
- Each reward comes with a Kickstarter-special touch!, determined by the stretch level this campaign reaches.
- The minimum funding goal of £10,000 covers finalization, editing and publishing of the book (50,000+ words already drafted)
- * Disclaimer * This page thoroughly covers the project! There is a lot of information. Simply dip in and out as you please.
Poetic wisdom. Hand drawn. Digitally rendered.
Live your own Adventurous, Beautiful, Contributing life with a meaningful backdrop to your day! The ABCmanifesto supports daily empowerment and lifelong balance.
Mastering balance between Adventure, Beauty and Contribution, is mastering life, itself. The ABCmanifesto is written to support that journey. Consider it your very own (meticulously hand drawn) map to mastery!
Written. Designed. Re-written. Re-designed.
This manifesto is the result of deep contemplation, reflection, observation, and experiential application. Glance upon the wall art at any given moment and a key word or phrase will leap out at you. It might be just what you need at that point in time.
Conversely, the entire reading is a 2-minute journey of reminder, and embedded within this script is prophetic messaging. Direct references and subtle inclusions provide an encoded depth that will only become clear and apparent as time unfolds, and all future developments will forever reference back to this page!
This is where it all begins... and began!... (so-to-speak)
* EACH REWARD COMES WITH A 'KICKSTARTER-SPECIAL TOUCH', DETERMINED BY THE STRETCH LEVEL THIS CAMPAIGN REACHES.
* REACHING STRETCH LEVEL #1 (£25,000) WILL UNLOCK TWO NEW DESIGN VERSIONS TO CHOOSE FROM.
** REACHING STRETCH LEVEL #2 (£100,000) WILL FUND THE PRODUCTION OF AN AUDIOBOOK WITH A MUSICAL SCORE, AND... UNLOCK TWO SOOPER COOL PRODUCTS!:
That's right, people.
You are going to have you use your wonderful imagination for this one!
Just picture it... the hand drawn manifesto design, hand carved on to wood with stunning precision. Then (using this wood carving as a template) screen printed by hand onto premium italian A2 paper... all in vibrant Kickstarter-Green! Doesn't get much more boutique than this.
Only #1111 will be printed. Ever.
Thailand's number #1 wood-carve artist, Jakkee Kongkeaw, will be making this one-off template, ready for hand-produced screen prints to be shipped directly to you (along with other goodies!)
Jakkee has already had a busy 2017.
In June of this year, he won Chang Beer's annual, national art competition (last year he came second). In May, his private exhibition paying tribute to the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej was a total sell-out (x81 prints and some serious spenders)
At the tail end of 2016 he was comissioned by Bangkok's ultra-luxury lifestyle mall, Central Embassy, who now give away his prints as exclusive gifts to customers spending over One Million Thai bhat (£23,000 / $30,000).
On top of all this, over the last 12 months Jakkee has also had several national magazine features, two of which were cover features.
National cover features:
In short... Jakkee is the real deal and I am super excited that he has set aside time in September 2017 specifically to deliver this project. Its 100% happening.
No cables or computers in sight.
The classic process involved in wood-carve-screen-printing perfectly compliment the timeless expression of the ABCmanifesto.
Below, is another magazine feature ('Me Style - Home and Living' Feb 2017). This three-page spread focussed upon the intricate and organic process of Jakkee's craft.
This is the first time Jakkee will have worked on a 'script' carving. He has never worked in english, or on a 'western' project, making this piece all the more special.
Below are photos showing some of his previous projects:
Stunning detail, and a price to reflect.
The image below links to a fine art website listing one of Jakkee's prints for sale, right now. On the page you can hover over the image for a super-cool 'zoom and skim' feature!
- Along with the stunning wall art print, The Collectable Kit will feature a limited edition version of The ABC Life book. The cover of this book will be designed in matching Kickstarter-Green, and this version of the book will be printed and shipped as part of the Collectable Kit, ONLY.
- Each print (and partnering book) will be uniquely numbered x/1111
- An artistic 'Making of' video will be a standard part of the collectable kit. We will professionally capture the entire process of Jakkee making your masterpiece, and edit the footage beautifully to the manifesto MP3 (studio recording)
- The top 5% of the 'Making of' footage (above) will be incorporated into a slick, high impact 'social media' ABCmanifesto film (Imagine something along the lines of the 'Humans Are Incredible' series) This will provide continuous exposure of the wood-print manifesto, and it's background. While 'views' of this 2-minute-epic could easily go into the tens of millions over the years, there will always only ever be #1111 original wood-carve prints!
- The Kickstarter-only price is £100. Prints will start at £150 following the end of this campaign. A final batch of x50 will be reserved and sold post-campaign.
- All prints will be signed by BOTH original artist and writer.
To emphasize the potential value of the wood-print, ABCmanifesto, please look at a close comparable in the form of the awesome Holstee manifesto. Digitally designed with simple font, and a machine-made template for letter press. The signed copy - available without obvious limit - is being sold for $248.
The Collectable is a great INVESTMENT for your WALL, your WALLET & your SPIRIT!
Toni and Tracy got married in april this year, incorporating the ABC values into their wedding vows. GO GUYS!! What better way to allocate the first wood-print, than as a belated wedding gift for this beautiful couple... a contribution from ALL who help fund this project.
That's some real Kickstarter love, right there!
You can hear their (super short!) wedding vows and the background behind this love story in a 15-minute interview with Tracy, below.
*excuse my gentle swearing!
...well, almost as big...
The answer to that, dear friend, is uncovered in the partnering book! You see, everything from this point forward is interconnected with meaning and purpose.
'From the moment you are born, the adventure begins... and life’s beauty is there to be lived! Until your last breath, when all that you have contributed stands testimony to your time'
This is my first book. I honestly dont know how it will be received. Im fairly hopeful though - at the very least - it wont be a complete disaster!...
In the first instance, The ABC Life will act as a direct extension to the ABCmanifesto. For example - focussing upon the values, themselves - the book will further expand upon their surfacing appearance, vast range and applicability, deep feeling and endless potential.
On a deeper level, I would like the book to delicately provide insight and exploration of the manifesto script, so that when you glance at the wall art (even just a word or phrase) it will stimulate your thinking to connect with more 'expansive association' of what those words mean, specifically to you.
I hope this book will support you to:
- Further invigorate and embrace learning and GROWTH.
- Create *Zero-Choice-Delivery* to propel yourself outside your comfort zone and FAST-TRACK manifestation.
- Express your inner-entrepreneur in a fulfilling and SUSTAINABLE way.
- Define, and take HUGE leaps of faith.
- Work with and alongside life's unending EBB & FLOW.
- Draw upon the power of COMMITMENT to stick with your mission.
- Protect and preserve inner HARMONY by developing ABC perception and prioritization.
- Embrace timeless methods to living an EXCITING and MEANINGFUL life.
- Become MORE rich with experience, mindful in the moment, and giving at every possible opportunity.
- Customise your own Adventurous, Beautiful and Contributing life, with infinite potential...
To provide a more grounded human context, the book is predominantly built of scenes and reflections covering my own ABC journey to date, and others I have met upon that journey. Having actively shared this philosophy over the last 5 years with countless people, I would like to think my tone is one of gentle confidence.
As a tiny sample, I studio recorded my book introduction. Have a listen! (2.5 mins)
The sample above provides an idea of how the audiobook will SOUND. My intention is to channel a healthy dose of energy and concentration on a musical score to compliment the audio reading. In places, I want the music to actively drive my reading performance and flow.
On top of this, the Kickstarter-special audiobook will feature some audio surprises that will be unique and exclusive to pledgers only.
The audiobook will be funded and made available as a standard part of The Digital Kit should we reach stretch goal #2 (`£100,000)
The greater part of this book is already drafted. I foresee 3-5 weeks of full-time tidying and tweaking before moving onto official editing and publishing phases, respectively. For this I will be working with a professional publishing partner who has decades of experience in the area.
If there was ever going to be a slight lag in delivery, it would be because of an elongated finalisation and editing phase. Whilst my riding ambition is to deliver in December, I must state that I will be prioritising the book's quality above 'strictly meeting the anticipated delivery date'. I hope pledgers can understand and appreciate this, and I assure you - whatever the case - my communication will remain transparent and honest throughout.
My idea for book-cover artwork as a means to conceptually and artistically partner the ABCmanifesto, excites the hell out of me! Its top secret though. So you will simply have to pledge... then wait and see!
The print and design quality of this book will be related directly to the final funding status. Design (visual, ergonomic and sensual) is something I feel incredibly strongly about. So - within realistic means - I want to do everything possible to make this book a visual and kinaesthetic joy.
If you are reading this far, you are already a part of the story.
This Kickstarter is my 'Third Leap' in a decade commitment that began on January 1st 2012. As such, it is the unwritten part of this book. What happens now, in real-time on this Kickstarter page, will naturally extend into the wider story, and the book itself. That destiny will be shaped partly by YOU!
Yes... There is one! URLS are already purchased and an epic, non-fiction journey - over three titles - is clearly and congruently mapped out. My semi-outrageous ambition is to have the entire trilogy finished and in-hand before the end of my decade commitment (1.1.2022). That is all I will say, at this point in time!
Growth Seekers. Life Lovers. Change Makers.
You will love what is coming over the medium and long-term future. If - in any way - you are feeling this project, then the MISSION really is for you. I cannot emphasise this, and encourage you enough... PLEASE!...
July 15th 2017 - LAUNCH
- LIVE audio recording from the launch event: A Crowdfunding Workshop & Think Tank
- 60-day campaign begins
- Weekly updates throughout
- Mid Sept - campaign ends.
- Stop, breathe, and review campaign.
- Plan and begin fulfilment process
- Jakkee wood-carve the manifesto
- Film Jakkee for the 'Making of...' video
- Begin book draft finalisation
- Book finalisation (cont.) and begin editing
- Logistics and operations managment
- The Collectable screen printing & production of #1111 prints
- Recruit for 'voice of many' manifesto studio recording (MP3 reward)
- Share preview of the 'Making of...' video with pledgers
- Digital printing of manifesto
- Book editing (cont.) then start publishing process
- Studio record 'voice of many' manifesto MP3
- Logistics and operations management
- Kickstarter special touch implementation
- Edit and complete 'Making of...' video
- Design book cover and layout
- Design book cover and layout (cont.)
- Publishing completion
- Print books
- Packing and shipping
- Quarterly Contributor Report #1
2018 • Step up 'mission-mode' •
In 5, 10, 20 or even 100 years time, might we look back at this page, and see it as one of the most globally impactful projects a community has kickstarted? I genuinely believe the answer to that can be YES... with your help.
By supporting this project, you are consciously inviting the three root values into your own life, and simultaneously kickstarting a world-helping mission with short, medium and long-term goals... and a whole heap of scope and potential.
The ambitions of this project are not small. This is reflected partly by a considered financial allocation of up to £1,000,000 over a 3-year 'launch period'.
- This project will only be funded beyond £10,000
- Book finalization, editing and publishing
- Platform and operational costs
- Paying collaborators
- 'Making of...' film
- Proportionally improved book design and print quality
- Direct expenses for production and shipping of orders
- Early development stages of ABCmanifesto social media film (proportional to funding status)
- New product development (Wake-up Coffee Cup & Life-cycle T-shirt)
- A monthly sustainability salary (proportional to funding status)
- Platform and operational costs
* Updated if and when we cross £100,000
- This 5-minute video I made, documents my first LEAP OF FAITH in the launch year of my 'Decade Commitment'. In 2012, I created a community festival, from scratch, in under 6 months. I am sure you will agree, the film is superbly presented by my previous class of pupils (aged 6-7!).
- The project above unwittingly lead to work with an incredible NGO; Peace One Day (POD). Highlights in this professional chapter included speaking to over 120 schools across 25 countries on the subject of peace and sustainability. Another highlight was direct project managment with UNICEF and Ministries of Education to create, deliver and distribute a peace education resource for free to over 70,000 schools in Central Africa. This film, presented by POD founder, Jeremy Gilley, shows the project spring to life in year One of a three-year campaign. (3.5 mins).
- The second major leap I took was on Oct 4th 2014, when I left London (the only home i had ever known), with a one-way ticket to Istanbul and no plan! Less than a week later, I save this adorable kittens life (5 mins).
Below, is that same scrawny little kitten, today...
- Finally, here are some things I'm not about!
Thanks for checking this project page :)
Risks and challenges
The main challenge is the process of writing itself. Sometimes it is nothing but painful, at best. This might reflect in a slightly extended timeline that results in delivery beyond the target month of December 2017. Im human. So please don't expect perfection!.
That said, I am a bit of a perfectionist myself. And building on a wide range of professional and personal experience, I would say that the risks and challenges are MANY, but that they will be met with a solutions-oriented mind and persistence! The same sort of persistence it took to get to this point on the page, I might add... Good effort!
Benja (like Ninja... with a Ben!)Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)