"THE ENIGMA VARIATIONS" - A Short Film
"THE ENIGMA VARIATIONS" - A Short Film
"The wheel has come full circle" One man, many lives, a mother's sacrifice: a chameleon who shifts seamlessly at the cross of a border.
"The wheel has come full circle" One man, many lives, a mother's sacrifice: a chameleon who shifts seamlessly at the cross of a border. Read more
About this project
“There is no comparison between that which is lost by not succeeding and that which is lost by not trying.” - Francis Bacon
Statistics have shown that at any given time the rate of unemployment amongst actors in the Screen Actors Guild is 95%. Of the remaining 5% only a minute fraction are actors (“stars”) who thrive, work and have the ability to choose projects which will be both satisfying and come close to fulfilling their artistic and creative potential. The other 4.89699% of the employed actors are day labor; are bricks, insulation, roofing tiles, what have you, to a movie studio's contractor/architect whose goal it is to build a house that is both pleasing to a mass audience and who's sum of expended parts pales to the house's anticipated profit and resell potential. These actors are rarely, if ever in their lifetime, fulfilling their potential or are even creatively satisfied. They are solving a problem for the studio. The studio or any other like organism sees the actor as a brick. A brick which serves a purpose.
I am an artist. I am not a brick. I have never strived to be a brick. I have never wanted to be merely an item that solves a problem for someone else.
I am creating this opportunity to give voice to my passion and to realize my creative spirit.
The film “The Enigma Variations” [http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Enigma-Variations/171597999551434] will be written, directed by me and I will also star in it. The film will be shot primarily on the Canon 5D Mark II DSLR camera. This incredible digital camera has recently become the camer of choice for the film and television industry - most recently having been used for the season finale of the series "House" in the US. The film will have principal shooting locations in New York, NY, London, UK, and Paris, France.
This is a creative project that will allow me not only to fulfill my own vision but to include numerous friends and colleagues who are in their own right talented, exciting and vibrant artists. From soundtrack music, other acting roles and crew, my dream is to created a film that celebrates fellowship amongst artists and also provides opportunities for them as well as myself. It is a short film which I will also submit to worldwide festivals, Academy award consideration and which can eventually be fleshed out into a feature-length movie.
THE STORY"The wheel has come full circle." - King Lear, William Shakespeare
"THE ENIGMA VARIATIONS" is the story of a man's prodigious and chameleon-like transformations which mutate seamlessly at the cross of a border - until a mother's contract brings it all to an abrupt end.
It will feature all of my talents from acting, playing the piano and violin to singing and my language abilities be it Italian, French, Russian, Spanish or English. I have high hopes for an interesting cast of fellow actors. I am approaching Warhol-era film icon Joe Dallesandro, with whom I have had the pleasure of beginning a friendship with, Shohreh Aghdashloo with whom I worked with on the television series “24”, either Isabella Rosellini or Sophia Loren...who is, well...Sophia Loren. My experience with the industry is that most “stars” do not spend all of their waking hours perched upon the pedestal that their fame and celebrity has built for them. That many are artists interested in doing meaningful artistic work and supporting new filmmakers. It is my dream that this belief will bear fruit in my pursuit. Of course, even if I cannot have my dream cast I will continue on undaunted to produce a film of the highest calibre.
The money raised will go toward obtaining star talent, production costs, equipment rental and office/promotion and other fees. We have the camera for shooting and are approaching Canon for any further assistance and support.
Thank you for being interested and I hope you will join me and give your support on my project.
Please visit the movie's official Facebook page to see detailed updates, photos and related information about the project and it's cast and crew. http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Enigma-Variations/171597999551434
*Special thanks to Carl Pendle - http://www.carlpendle.com for helping with the promo clip content and the estate of Vladimir Horowitz.
Support this project
- (90 days)