Keycaps Batch#1 - Packing Time @ Factory
Dear Backers and Amigans,
⯎ Boxes everywhere - Packing time is here!
Production of Batch#1 is now done and keycaps panels are currently being packed individually to be ready for sea freight.
Since we can't just send a bunch of big boxes containing mix matched panels and keys by sea and then just hope everything arrives safe and sound.
Even if that would be possible... Oh my! What headaches we'd get in UK when preparing parcels from a bunch of huge boxes we don't know what's inside right?
- So packing and box labeling time it is!
► Where are we now?
With Batch#1 production being done, each one of the panels you see on the photos are now being individually packed in a custom cardboard box.
- Each of these cardboard boxes contains:
- 1x Full set of Amiga compatible keycaps
- 2x Space bars (1x Short for A600, 1x Long for A500 & A1200)
1x Set of 100 Springs
- 1x Set of stabilizers
- Each box has a label with a code on it:
This means: Panel has UK language layout, BLACK special keys and BLACK standard keys!
Your turn to guess that one
- Keycaps remover tool aren't added within the panel box. Since each backer only gets 1x remover, it is added to the shipping parcel.
NEXT chapter includes lots of graphical assets.
Some photos/videos are blurry. Our apologies for this. The crew at factory is rushing so that we can operate sea freight as soon as possible.
⯎ Enough! We want to see stuff now!
Ok, ok folks... Here we go.
- Comments below the photos/videos.
★ DE/FR/US Layouts
Take a look at German Keyboard layout.
(photo is from sample panel)
- Here goes the French Keyboard layout.
(photo is from sample panel: accents and μ have been adjusted)
- Lets not forget our overseas friends with the US Keyboard layout.
(photo is from sample panel)
★ Closer look on White keys side labels
- Full White keyboards are difficult to get right. But side labels do look nice now.
★ How about a CD32 set with space bars?
- Yes, these are very quick and small videos... Rushing we are, aren't we? :)
- We also have our in-house dust Ninja!
★ Two very quick look around
- There's keyboard panels everywhere!
- Everywhere literally means everywhere!
- You certainly noticed the Translucent sets. ;)
★ Space War... Attack of the clone bars.
- Hey there! Space bars!
- It's Open Bar today...
- Each zip bag contains 1x short and 1x long
★ PACK Man packs in time
►This packing process is for illustration purpose only.
- Each keycaps panel is packed in its own cardboard box for sea freight.
- Each individual cardboard box contains a keycaps set, the space bars, white stabilizers and springs.
- All cardboard boxes are then prepared for sea freight in a large container.
►Once at warehouse in UK - And depending backers pledges
- Each parcel is double packed for protection during dispatch to backers.
It means - A box in a box.
- One or Multiple - keycaps panels cardboard boxes is/are packed in a dispatch parcel.
★ Springs, springs, springs...
- With each keycaps panel comes 100x springs and several stabilizers
- There's only 1x Keycaps remover per shipping address (backer)
★ Closer look on keycaps panel boxes
That's how backers will get their keycaps sets. Each in a single box.
No fancy printing on the boxes this time. We had to move fast!
- Note the sticker label on top, which describes each box content.
Hopefully this helps parcels dispatch. :)
► What happens now?
- When packing is done 100% (Next 4/7 days)
- Merchandise is prepared and sent to shipping warehouse in China
- From there merchandise is operated by our forwarder and sea freight transit will start at the earliest.
- 5 to 6 weeks later merchandise should reach UK, add one more week on the top for customs & transport to warehouse.
- From there we'll schedule and operate parcels dispatch toward you patient backers!
► When do we get the next campaign update?
At the time merchandise leave the factory for shipping warehouse.
After this point we can't get anymore photos nor footage.
- We'll have to wait to get the merchandise at UK warehouse.
- When this happens, you'll get some more photos (like for the cases) and footage since Phil will be on site!
That's all for now folks,
Stay tune for more within next 5 to 10 days.