Welcome to my Kickstarter Page! This is a CrowdSource Campaign to help raise funds for my next album! You know, like a good 'ol fashion PBS-a-thon..only via the interwebs!
For those of you who have just stumbled upon this page - Hi I'm Michelle Citrin! A Brooklyn-based singer-songwriter and producer who loves creating a soundtrack for people's lives and using music as a vehicle for connection. For those of you who have been with me on this musical journey for the long haul...Hi, I'm still Michelle Citrin and it's great to see you!
As a child, while my Grandmother was teaching me traditional Jewish melodies on the piano, my Grandfather, Aba would share stories and lessons from ancient texts like the Talmud and Torah. I didn't know it at the time, but my Grandparents offered me the two greatest gifts in my life that would eventually turn into the impetus of this project.
I have always turned to songwriting as a platform for expression of longing, yearning, hope, peace, celebration, and joy. Ironically, this is exactly what prayers are based on.
It turns out I LOVE collaborating with writers of our ancient past and have found the experience completely fulfilling both spiritually and artistically. I'm very excited to have completed a collection of songs that fuses together Hebrew and English, infusing ancient wisdom and prayer through a contemporary interpretation and soulful pop-folk sound. It has been such a rewarding experience to share these melodies with communities around the world and now it's time to get them recorded beyond voice memos on my phone!
This campaign is about creating something together. Have you ever wondered how an album is made? From making my last album, "Left Brained, Right Hearted," I can tell you that it’s a magical ride to see the creative process unfold and one that I think you’ll highly enjoy.
But, rather than 'witness', I want to invite you to participate! You have all been a tremendous support in making this musical journey possible. I would be most humbled and honored to continue this journey with your help and enthusiasm in creating my next album, TOGETHER!
I have the songs. I have the studio. I have beloved band members who I've been playing with for years who really know how to bring the groove and are ready to bring an album's worth of inspiring new sacred music.
Making an album requires a lot of peoples' hard work and talents and is a very expensive process. So plain and simple, I can’t make this album without YOU...... In order to make it possible, I’ve teamed up with Kickstarter to offer some very fun rewards as a thank you for each of your contributions.
My fundraising goal is $25,000 which is the bare MINIMUM needed to fund this album's production.
Minimum breakdown of recording costs:
- $5,600 - Studio, Tracking, Production
- $10,000 - Musician Fees
- $6,000 - Mixing & Mastering
- $1,200 - Manufacturing CDs
- $250 - Equipment, Misc.
My hope is that with your help, we REACH and EXCEED this goal. The more funds invested into this campaign, the more content I can offer right back to you.
If we exceed the goal (which would be INCREDIBLE !!!) I would be able to:
- Hire videographers, photographers, and an editor to help document the recording experience
- Bring in some seriously talented string players for the album
- Produce music videos for the songs
- Create a printed songbook featuring the album's music.
And speaking of giving back to YOU...I've come up with some really fun "Thank You's" for all of your help
As a contributor to this project, you will receive exclusive behind the scenes updates complete with photos and video documentation – I will turn to you for your opinions along the way and by the end of this process, you will receive a copy of this album and know that you’ve been a part of bringing it to life from the very beginning! It takes a village and I’m really excited to do this with you! Reward packages include:
- A Pre-Released copy of the album *Be the first to hear the album!
- A "Sip of Gratitude" ceramic mug designed especially for this campaign to help you bring gratitude with each sip of your morning "covfefe" Featuring the Hebrew words "Modeh Ani" inside which means, "I give thanks" (Here's a graphic mock-"cup" so please note it may look slightly different in physical form)":
- A Large Format Print of an original photo capturing the magical starry skies and spirit of the Israeli desert that helped inspire music of this album.
And much more! For the full list, please have a look to the right ------->
I only have 30 days to reach this goal of $25,000 or I DO NOT GET ANY FUNDING. It's literally ALL OR NOTHING. To be clear, if we don't meet this goal, I do not receive any contributions. It feels very exciting, scary, nerve-wracking and very possible and very necessary all at once. The success of this campaign relies on two things:
1. Financial Contributions - Your generous support will make this album come to fruition by funding the expenses related to recording the album.
2. Spreading the word! In addition to financial contributions, you can best help make this album possible by sharing the link to this Kickstarter via social media platforms and emailing a link to someone you think would enjoy this project. I so appreciate you doing what feels most comfortable for you.
If you have any questions about anything regarding this campaign, please send me a note HERE and we will get back to you immediately with answers.
I am so grateful and feel completely blessed to be able to do this work. I have enormous faith that TOGETHER we can make this album possible!
Please know how deeply I appreciative your help and kind support. None of this is possible without you and every bit helps. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for your belief in me and this project and for being a part of this journey with me!
I invite you to visit my website at www.michellecitrin.com for further information, music, videos & more!
Risks and challenges
Risks and Challenges? Well, it's certainly risky to ask for help and I realize it's no small ask. I do have full faith in this project and its greater purpose and potential for bringing positivity into this world. I am fully committed to making this album the very best it can be and feel blessed to be surrounded by a dreamteam of people here in New York City who believe in this project and have dedicated themselves to help make it sound fantastic. As soon as we raise the funds, we are ready to go!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)