This project's funding goal was not reached on January 17, 2013.
About this project
Please note this is very rough gameplay at a very early stage of development presented here to showcase the animations, variety of platforming elements, dialogue trees, and 2.5D hand-drawn backgrounds. The camera is too high up and the action is not as smooth as it will be in the finished product.
Click the image above to play around with the 2.5D background engine and get an in-depth look at the animations
This section will be updated on a near daily basis throughout the Kickstarter campaign to highlight the complex, in-depth animations that are the hallmark of this game.
This is a Super Nintendo / Sega Genesis era throwback video game with a lot of twists, based on my comic series, “Guinea Something Good.”
- Fully animated characters, using the principles of traditional hand-drawn animation.
- The best elements of platform video games in one – running, jumping, crawling, sliding, climbing, swinging, flipping, kicking and more, with tons of vehicles and weapons!
- Steal a wide variety of weapons, vehicles and power-ups from enemies.
- Funny dialogue tree character interactions – you choose how the conversations go, and different events will happen as a result.
- The unique “Guinea Something Good” brand of comedy.
- A custom engine that takes hundreds of frames of background elements and seamlessly transitions between them while you move throughout the environment, to create a completely new sense of 3D graphics – that are 16-bit and entirely hand-drawn!
- Episodic – content comes out faster as each portion of the game will be distributed as a self-contained “episode.”
- An original soundtrack created for the game by Thermionic Moon.
- Voice talents of Edwyn Tiong and Sean Chiplock .
You're Joe, a guinea pig on a mission. You accidentally blew up Taco Shed, and in the process unleashed its patent-pending anti-gravity invention upon the world – losing track of your friend George in the process. Unbeknownst to you, the explosion of Taco Shed drew out the world of bunnies from underground. As you sought out the whereabouts of your friend, you bounced off the heads of bunnies simply to get where you needed to go. And the bunnies didn't like that. Now they're rallying together, taking the anti-gravity invention as a start and building super-advanced technology to track you down and destroy you. Beware – the Bunny Insurrection is coming!
I'm a dude who's been drawing comics since I was a kid. I've been trying to make a go of webcomics since 1999, when I was in the 7th grade. I started making custom graphics and levels for Doom II around the same time, and have been in love with the creation of video games ever since. I studied comics at the Center for Cartoon Studies in Vermont, and more recently I studied traditional animation at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco. I've now created comics, animated shorts, and my first Guinea Something Good video game, “Bounce or Die.” I've gained a small following, but it can be hard to breakthrough and get the attention of enough people to make a living doing this. This game has been a dream of mine since I was a kid, and I'm hoping it will be just the thing I need to get the attention of the public at large.
The money we raise will go toward paying for licenses, computer equipment, devices for testing across platforms, voice acting, and an original soundtrack. If enough is raised, it will also allow me to work on the project full-time, which would mean a faster development turn-around.
Risks and challenges
The risks and challenges with this project will mainly be making the thing! Fortunately I am entirely confident I can get this done. For the past six months I've been preparing this project, coding it and making graphics so I knew exactly what I was getting into. I was able to live off my savings for that entire time, so I was able to hone in a work schedule that was extremely productive. I never worked less than forty hours a week, and often times double that. The project is now ready to be hit out of the park. If we can raise this money, it will give me the opportunity to do just that!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (41 days)