foneFrame makes mobile web pages. Use Dropbox to host your mobile pages for free. Made with HTML5+CSS3, hosted in the cloud, CC BY 3.0. Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on February 22, 2012.
About this project
foneFrame is a new way to make mobile web pages for smartphones like Android & iPhone.
What's already done ?
foneFrame.com/dropbox/ - host your mobile site on Dropbox for free
foneFrame.com/fF/ - free HTML5 template
foneFrame.com/write/ - online web page generator
foneFrame.com/RSS/ - online RSS feed generator
foneFrame.com/Twitter/ - 'skin your tweets' hack
The basic framework is free and released under Creative Commons (CC BY 3.0) and hosted in the cloud for speed and ease of use.
Inspired by The Arab Spring, foneFrame is decentralized, with your files stored locally on your computer or phone. Our online page & feed generators include digital fingerprints (SHA-256 HMAC) for authentication. Future enhancements include encryption and other security features.
Who's foneFrame for?
- web designers - robust HTML5 templates to wireframe new mobile sites
- developers & IT -plug'n'play mobile framework, hooks galore, flexible & extensible architecture
- organizations & activists - timely alerts, updates and calls-to-action delivered to smartphones in near real time
We've designed the schema and taken it as far as we can on our own. foneFrame has been a "skunkworks" project. We need help with development of new features and translation into multiple languages among other things. We're ready to bring our whiteboards to life!
- native Android phone app
- Android apps made with PhoneGap
- additional CSS templates
- encrypted HTML5 local storage
- XSLT & XSL stylesheets
- extend the schema to support feature phones & other devices
- translation into other languages (Chinese, Arabic, Turkish, Tibetan, Burmese, Vietnamese, Thai, and more)
Thanks for your time!
Miranda & Jerry
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (32 days)