This project's funding goal was not reached on December 20, 2010.
About this project
The creation of a beautiful fruity public space. With the help of local artisans, landscapers, gardeners, and residents we will design and create an beautiful edible public space. The space will be outfitted with fruit trees, berry bushes, compost bin, rain water collection, park benches, walk-ways, etc.
Our goal here is threefold:
• Create a beautifully fruity public space/park.
• If funds are available, hire folks to maintain it... creation much needed jobs.
• Educate people on how to live a healthier more self-sustained lifestyle.
The fruit orchards will be open to the public. Local residents and passerby's are welcomed to walk on in: sit and breath and enjoy the ambiance.
We also plan to hold hands-on learning workshops and summer camps focused on teaching:
• Fruit & Vegetable Gardening
• Eating Locally: Cooking class with a focus on foods grown locally.
• Food Preservation: Dehydrating, Canning, and Freezing.
• And other self sustainability skills.
Orchards are a lot of work, not only to create but to maintain.
This means we will need to hire people for daily maintenance, harvesting, selling produce at the farmer's markets, to facilitate the Summer Camp programs, etc.
Thank you for stopping by. Your support is greatly appreciated.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (89 days)