Meeple Party is a cooperative strategy game of puzzle-solving, and party throwing insanity for 1-5 people!
Just because you’re a merson, wait no, a meeple* (hmmm… why isn’t it merson?!) doesn’t mean you can’t party* like a person!
In Meeple Party, you and your meeple roommates are throwing a party of epic proportions! Tons of meeple are invited so you’ll need to work together to make this party great! The Roommates and the guests have different personalities like the Jerk, the Flirt, the Party Animal, the Wallflower, and the Cool meeple who each have a specific effect on the room they enter.
Roommates will need to welcome meeple to the party and mingle meeple around the party to meet conditions of photo opportunities featuring all the fun stuff happening by snapping a photo! Each time you take a photo the party moves forward in time. If you can make it through the entire party without stressing out you all win! However, things can get out of control quickly! Surprise guests will show up and mess with your plans! Potential disasters abound that you have to avoid! Roommates stress out! If ALL the roommates stress out the party ends and we all LOSE!
MEEPLE PARTY base game includes:
- 5 "oversized" roommate meeples
- 35 guest meeples
- 9 double-sided room tiles
- 5 player mats (with extra rooms on the reverse side)
- 108+ Card (60 photos, 24 disasters, 24 surprises)
- 15 Stress tokens
- Party Clock
- Felt Bag
- Stickers to denote meeple type (for color blind, low vision, or just to look cool)
- Stretch Goals could add more rooms, special meeple (including animals), and party missions; as well as upgrading the components throughout
...AND, YOUR PLEDGE MATTERS!
9th Level is a small indie publisher and needs every dollar to make this game possible. Your pledge WILL make MEEPLE PARTY better by reaching the many stretch goals planned. Without you, we can't make this game.
Meeple Party has a good amount of strategy and tactical movement but enough fun and surprises to keep it from getting too serious. Game play allows for each player to make an impact, but open discussion and decision-making is encouraged. Turns should be quick and fun and if the party ends early? Oh well, just play again and try to do better!
The Meeple Party House is set up by the players using the double-sided room tiles.
On their turn each roommate will take 2 actions - WELCOME & MINGLE.
- WELCOME As the host, a roommate will welcome a meeple to the party by pulling a random meeple out of the guest bag. They place that meeple into ANY room at the party and perform their personality effect on that room.
- MINGLE Next a roommate will mingle 1 meeple at the party. This is done by choosing a meeple and moving that meeple to an adjacent room (1 space). The mingled meeple’s personality effect will happen to the new room they enter.
Once actions are complete check that your disaster has been avoided.
- Check that DISASTERS have been avoided. If everything is OK proceed. If not, the disaster has occurred and ALL roommates take a STRESS!
- NOTE: On the active roommate’s turn they can take a stress to get out of bad situations.
Then snap a photo or two of all the fun!
- When a Photo Opportunity’s criteria has been met a PHOTO is taken and the party moves forward in time. It's totally possible to take more than one photo on the same turn.
You said surprises?
- During the WELCOME phaseif a surprise meeple is drawn from the bag a surprise card is revealed instead of a new meeple coming to the party.
- The PARTY CLOCK also has events which cause the roommates to draw surprises at certain times.
Wait, stressing out?!
- Stress is created in a variety of ways, just like real life!
- Any time a DISASTER cannot be avoided ALL ROOMMATES increase their stress by 1.
- Some SURPRISES cause all or some of the roommates to increase stress.
- Stress can be taken to HELP get roommates out of bad situations. On their turn, a roommate may take 1 stress to immediately refresh 1 potential disaster or photo card at the party. Phew, close call!
But how do I win?
- Roommates will WIN when they take enough photos to get to the end of the party before they ALL stress out (take 3 stress).
After the campaign, 9th Level Games will once again be using the amazing BACKERKIT to handle everything. You can add additional money to your pledge here for items available in BackerKit.
- Additional Meeple Party Games – add $40 to your pledge
Meeple Tee Shirt – add $20 to your pledge
Meeple Necklace – add $20 to your pledge
Meeple Enamel Pin – add $10 to your pledge
- Meeple Greeting card set (3 cards) - add $10 to your pledge
Review from PEACE, LOVE & GAMES:
The Cardboard Republic Review:
A few quotes about Meeple Party:
Heather is the CEO of 9th Level Games. She has designed and co-designed a number of games including Schrödinger’s Cats, Eye of the Tiger (for ButtonShy), and the storytelling games Demon Realms & Heartbreak Club in the Tragedies of Middle School anthology. A leading member of Game Maker Guild Philadelphia playtest group, a long time party host and planner, and usually one of the last to leave a party! Follow her @catphysicist
Creator of Sidekick Quests web comic and RPG, artist for the Schrödinger’s Cats card game (2015). Totally awesome guy! Follow @jamesstowe
9th Level Games is a small but growing game design and publishing house known for its unique blend of humor and replayability. We focus on bringing fun, great looking, great playing games to the table. Best known for the cult-classic Kobolds Ate My Baby! RPG line and the scientifically proven cuteness of the Schrödinger’s Cats card game! We have had 6 successful Kickstarters to date! Let's make it 7!!!
For more information, visit www.9thlevel.com and follow @9thLevel.
Risks and challenges
9TH LEVEL GAMES HAS A PROVEN TRACK RECORD
9th Level Games has successfully funded and delivered five great projects through Kickstarter – Bearicades (2017), HOT16 a party rap battle game (2017), the Knuckle Sammich card game (2016), the Schrödinger’s Cats card game (2015), and the Kobolds Ate My Baby! In Colour!!! RPG (2013). Our last project The Tragedies of Middle School RPG anthology is currently in production and expected to deliver later in 2018.
SHIPPING IS ALWAYS TREACHEROUS
Shipping cost is a concern for most backers, especially those outside of the US. Our fulfillment partner is helping us to be able to offer a shipping pricing that is inclusive of duties and taxes (including VAT) for all international shipments.
Note that shipping is based on 2-3lb/1-1.5kg weight for all levels shipping one game and 4-5lb/2-2.5kg on levels shipping two games.
POTENTIAL DELAYS & DELIVERY
As with any physical product, there is a risk of delivery delays due to production issues or overseas shipping. However, we already have an established relationship with our manufacturer and our artwork is already in their hands and ready to go. After this campaign is complete we will modify our production run to accommodate any stretch goals, accept the final layout, do final final edits, and determine our final production quantity.
MINIMAL PRODUCTION RISKS
There is a minimum order quantity for the game, which means we have fairly high production costs. We have set our goal amount to cover the base game with basic components. If we fund into stretch goals, we will have additional costs and more time could be required to update to new components, card layout, new tiles, etc.
OUR COMMITMENT TO THE PROJECT AND OUR BACKERS
9th Level Games is committed to doing this right! Our goal is not just to make a game, it is to make the best game we can make! As a backer, you will be kept up to date on our progress with regular updates, and you should feel free to drop us a line with questions or concerns at any time.
Thank you for your support!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)