This project is for pre-orders of the Android version of Drumfigurator, or for iOS pre-order of the enhancements mentioned below expected to be available in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store by November 2018, if not sooner.
Drumfigurator is a mobile software application. It is a simple, bare-bones product configuration tool for drummers. The minimum viable product (MVP) launched in February 2017 in the Apple App Store for iOS devices only. The application as it is today, allows users to configure, specify some detail, and share a drum set design with another user via text or email. This project is to raise funds for the Android development and launch of phase one and two and to raise funds for the iOS development of phase two features. In summary, the app will be on Android and iOS and have the same features, listed below:
Cloud architecture for user account creation / on-boarding, forgot password, etc.
- Account Profile to view and manage stored configurations
- Overall user interface refresh including an expanded item library
- Real product images (cymbals, drum heads, drum finishes, etc.)
- Robust component item details menu - to spec make and model, size, diameter, finish, etc.
- More flooring / background options (hardwood floor, rug, etc.)
- Share a configuration via email: in a well-formatted, organized list output all the details with attachments
- Share via MMS / text message: no changes planned. As is, includes an image of the configuration and the .drumkit file.
- Via social media: generate a short URL that links to the unique configuration stored in the cloud for any user to retrieve.
The phase two feature set requires a heavier lift from developers than the MVP and more capital to fund development and testing. The price-points for the “rewards” are structured to deliver significant value to the Kickstarter backer resulting in life-time access to any and all phase two and future in-app purchase unlock features.
If the funding goal is not achieved by the end of the campaign, then the Android version will not be launched and the Drumfigurator team will wait for another crowd-funding attempt in 2019.
If the funding goal is achieved there are a few stretch goals that would tackle some bonus features on the backlog. The ultimate goal of this project is to make the app available to Android and iOS users around the world on mobile devices and make the task of sharing drum gear simple and intuitive.
The Drumfigurator team is deeply grateful for your support and hopes to not only enhance a useful tool but delight you as a user as we contribute to the global drumming community.
Risks and challenges
The challenges and risks for this project:
As with any software project, requirements communication, development, and debugging will require diligent efforts but, the founder and the selected developer team have a track record of producing quality work. Please see more details about the founder's experience brought to this project in the Bio section.
If the crowd-funding goal is achieved a weekly progress email will be sent regarding the development and testing for the Android launch and iOS enhancements expected to be complete as early as November 2018, if not sooner.
Learn about accountability on Kickstarter