Confrontation Classic is a major reference in the world of miniature wargaming. It’s a game for two or more players, which takes place in a medieval fantasy world filled with legends, heroes, and tales of bravery. Confrontation takes place in the vast setting of Aarklash.
It’s now up to you to take command of the armies and impose your rule !
This Celebration box will be enriched with all the stretch goals and bonuses unlocked during the campaign.
And more minis yet to unlock !
A complete and evolving world
Confrontation Classic represents a historic point in the world of skirmish miniature wargaming. With it, you will discover a living and deep setting. Nearly 1500 different miniatures were imagined by the best artists, and the authors have described in detail the vast world of Aarklash. You can lead the agile Daïkinee Elves, the powerful Ophidian Alliance, the fearsome Griffins of Akkylannia, or any of the 16 factions represented in the box! From the high mountains of Lanever to the plains of Avagddu, from the furthest reaches of the Eastern lands to the dark swamps of No-Dan-Kar, challenge your enemies, engage in battle, and become the hero the storytellers will tell stories about forever!
What about the rules ?
Confrontation Classic wil provide in the Celebration Box two booklets (in english and french) with the Core Rules for Confrontation.
The advanced and complete rules of Confrontation as well as the Dogs od War expansion (soon) are already downloadable !
They are available in french, english, italian, german and spanish. You will also find the Confrontation 3.5 errata in french and english on :
The community of Confrontation is global. The game was originally sold in 40 countries and was translated into 5 languages. The players gathered in clubs, held conventions, and have developed many websites to find each other, share their battlefield feats, and trade game tips. We can’t list them all here, but here are the Sans-Détour reference sites for Confrontation. There you’ll be able to find our news, resources, and meet other players.
- https://confrontation-universe.com/ The Confrontation reference site: Subscribe to the mailing list in order not to miss any of our news, download rules and newsletters, etc.
- https://www.facebook.com/confrontationresurrection/ The official Facebook page of the game: news, contest games, discussions, etc.
- https://www.instagram.com/confminiatures/?hl=fr The official gallery: visuals of the factions, concept art, etc.
- @CONF_universe To be kept aware of information live.
- Discussions and exchanges with all of the fans and players on Discord https://discord.gg/eMEkRK
- The Bounty Hunter Program Get the word out about the Confrontation Classic Kickstarter over social media and earn rewards. Learn more about the Bounty Hunter program.
In 2018, we celebrate Confrontation’s 20th anniversary, which is a much awaited event for the player’s community.
Rackham published the Confrontation miniature game between 1997 and 2007. It was translated in five languages. During these ten years, the players experienced:
- Four editions of Confrontation and The Age of the Rag’Narok
- Dogs of War, an additional content for Confrontation 3
- An epic battle game: Rag’Narok
- A board game: Hybrid, and its expansion Nemesis
- A magazine: Cry Havoc
The Aarklash universe also inspired various creations, such as Arcana, or City of Thieves and its expansion The King of Ashes, but also video games. It has also inspired a role-playing game, named after one of its major cities: Cadwallon.
Editions Sans Detour
Éditions Sans-Détour have published The Call of Cthulhu in France since 2008.
In 2015, the 7th edition of The Call of Cthulhu was subject to a crowdfunding campaign which was the most successful campaign in Europe, across all categories. Sans-Détour continues to use crowdfunding and has always delivered their projects.
Our website: http://sans-detour.com/
By backing now on Kickstarter, you’re guaranteed to get the complete edition of Confrontation Classic: meaning the 178 miniatures from the launch and all of the stretch goals which are unlocked. The event box will not be available in stores. However, it doesn’t seem reasonable to us to offer it to stores with all of the unlocked stretch goals, as in that situation we’d be getting about 30% of the final sale price, which, to turn a profit on this production, would mean selling it for roughly 1200 dollars (or more depending on how many stretch goals are unlocked). The complete offer you can enjoy here is thus a Kickstarter exclusive.
The core box contains 178 unique miniatures from the 16 factions of the game, plus all the unlocked stretch-goals.
Shipping costs will be calculated after the end of the campaign. You will be informed of the total amount of these shipping costs via the pledge manager: these costs will be based upon the weight of the initial box and, of course, the weight of every additional stretch goal contents and miniatures that will be unlocked during the campaign, and added to the box. In order to be cost efficient for our backers, all shipments will be sent by a logistics partner based in the final recipient’s geographical area. For example: subscribers from the American continents will receive their parcel from our US based logistics partner, whereas Europeans will receive theirs from our French based logistics partner, etc.
The following spreadsheet shows low and average estimates of the shipping costs per geographical area. These estimates are based solely on the weight of the starting material featured in the Kickstarter campaign. Therefore, they may evolve throughout the campaign, depending on the unlocked stretch goals, or which Add-on contents you choose to add to your order.
Please note that international regulations prevent us from shipping parcels to the following countries: North Korea, Cuba, Iran, Myanmar, Sudan and Syria. We add the following countries to the list of countries where we will not deliver: Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Ukraine and Russia.
We’ll present here the planned calendars for the project’s completion. For the duration of these, please remember that these are estimates which can change depending on circumstances.
Risks and challenges
The main challenge surrounding this epic project is to respect the historical work of the authors and artists who gave life to this prolific universe. The Confrontation players’ community awaits a lot from this come-back and we really don’t want to disappoint them.
Our experience at managing crowdfunding projects significantly reduces the risks about the way we will lead this crowdfunding campaign. We will focus on every step of this project’s life, so as to avoid any mistake:
- This project is about republishing an emblematic game, therefore we know what the customers’ and players’ expectations are. We listen to what people say on social media, and consult with the most passionate players.
- We have a very clear communication plan and an excellent media relaying.
- An entire team of professionals is entirely dedicated to this project: project manager, art director, legal, communication…
- We already master the various stages to manufacture the miniatures: concept-art, modeling, master, sprue-casting or complete and assembled miniatures…
- We have contacted many manufacturers in various countries and have already worked with Chinese, German and Spanish partners. We also discuss with fellow publishers in order to identify and avoid any incidents.
- We have an already established logistics network; we know everything about transportation, customs…
- (30 days)