Open world exploration & survival with base construction. Harvest resources to build unique equipment, player choices... Read more
This project's funding goal was
About this project
"Stop the Planet: I want to get off." is a being developed by Eldon & Debora. It is much different then a typical zombie experience.
You can play with a friend in co-op against zombies, aliens, bandits, and nature. You'll experience a dynamic adventure where your actions determine if you survive the apocalypse.
EDIT 1: EARLY GAMEPLAY
EDIT 2: MAP TRAVEL, STRONGHOLD, & SCENARIO CHOICES
I made a video to address the topics above, and realized I wouldn't make a good podcast person. Below the video, I explain in detail more features:
1) Zombies slowly eat the game world and the last place they reach is your stronghold.
2) Once a map area is "consumed" you can no longer go there.
3) You can push zombie back by completing certain quests and killing mass numbers of them. This opens up new map areas to explore that were consumed.
4) Zombies will eventually eat the whole planet. Unless you find a way to stop them, you'll need to find another way to survive.
1) Given to the player during the story. It has alien tech and needs to be repaired and upgraded.
2) Won't do you any good unless you restore power and kill the bandits guarding it.
3) Discover new technologies and make the stronghold a powerful "Final Stand" base.
1) Choices include: What you bring into the event with you (learned blueprints), A or B options, and penalties and rewards.
2) Example scenario in game You come across a man alone in a field. It turns out he's trapped in the middle of a minefield and must have been going after the supply stock on the other side. A supply stock that looks to have some unique items.
As you talk to him, he must have been out there a long time, cause he's kinda crazy. He wants you to save him. There are options.
a) You can leave for now, and see if you can find or build a metal detector.
b) You remember seeing chickens earlier. You can catch and release them in the minefield.
c) You can tell him you already removed the mines, and he will walk out, die, and then you may have a clear path to the stock pile for yourself ha ha ha.
d) You "the player" use your own idea.
a) You save him and he takes the stockpile for himself
b) He tells you the location of other survivors
c) He teaches you a new gathering technique* You can write scenarios as part of the kickstarter
Some people mentioned how the game world images were too small. The graphics in the game are rather large, so I can change the overall size off the game.
EDIT 2: CRAFTING, BLUEPRINTS, BASE BUILDING
Crafting & Blueprints
1) Crafting is done through a blueprint system. There are three ways to learn a blueprint. a) You find it in the game world b) It's learned through the habits of your style of gameplay c) Someone teaches it to you.
Once you know how to build something you can build it anywhere as many times as you want, if you have the resources.
food, ammo, tools, wood, stone, tin, coal, copper, iron, wire, special ammo, glass, silder, gold, silicon, alien tech, energy, fuel, & survivors.
To make a Turret you would need: wood, copper, iron, wire, energy
To make an automated Turret, add a survivor to the formula
Building structures is also done through the blueprint system. Blueprints such as turrets, walls, barricades, crates, mines, bunkers, doors, towers, etc... can be built and placed according to your liking. Building a complete base is expensive. You will most likely only build bases in area's rich with resources, or to protect civilians.
The world in which you reside is rich with things to do, people to meet, and places to explore. The game uses traditional RPG game ideas, as well as resource gathering, base, & equipment construction. Most everything you gather can be used to build unique items.
You’re not told how to win the game, but there are multiple ways it can end. Cure the zombies, kill all the zombies, get off the planet etc... Use your imagination.
1) Open world exploration & survival- Survive anyway you can. You are not told what to do or where to go.
2) Building & Blueprints - Learn skills and build anywhere. This includes barricades, weapons, non-combat equipment, and unique technologies. Find rare and powerful equipment.
3) Resource gathering - 18 general categories of materials to harvest or find. Everything you scavenge can be used in endless combinations. Hunt for food.
4) Scenario’s - Scripted game changing events. Include player choices, such as, who lives and who dies. Use your skills to play out events in many different ways and difficulty levels.
*Help design scenarios & blueprints as part of the Kickstarter
5) Suffer - Fatigue, hunger, and blood-loss.
1) Local co-op- Enjoy survival with a friend. Share resources and weapons.
2) Interact with NPC's and often choose their fate.
3) Robust storyline with multiple endings. (you create the ending)
Our goal is to create a simplified world with a tremendous amount of choices and ways to survive. A player using a little bit of smarts, might be able to survive as well as a player well equipped. This is just a small list of the many things you can do in the game already:
1) Harvest tree’s, berries, gold mines, etc.. using appropriate tools.
2) Build campfires, electric fences, portable generators, Molotov cocktails, +much more.
3) Use what you’ve learned during scenario’s to give you an edge.
4) Find survivors and learn from them, unless you got them killed.
5) Find food & water so you don’t starve, protect your goods from bandit’s.
6) Special events happen during deaths or capture.
7) Play co-op with a friend. One mines the gold while you build defenses.
8) Night/Day and weather effects.
The game is a blast already, but we need funding to hire more help for the game. Currently only two people work all the coding and graphics for the game. (which are around 5,000 already) We want to spend the next 7 months doubling the content of the game and get the game to you as quickly as possible. We are already working on the game full time under our own resources.
A brief explanation for some rewards is given below:
Pledge $45 or more
Design a blueprint - Blueprints are our way of using resources in a logical manner. You give us the idea for the blueprint and it's rarity, and we'll design it for the game. Blueprints can include weapons, special equipment, alien technology, you name it.
Pledge $75 or more
Royalty free graphics- Because of your support we'll give all the files created for the game. Even the ones we ended up not using. Right now that number is at 5,000. The raw images are larger then what you see in game. Much larger.
Pledge $200 or more
Create a Scenario- These are really fun and now you have a chance to create your own in-game event. Have the players make a choice and earn a reward. Supply us with the details and script and we will make it come to life.
Pledge $250 or more
Bandit Leader- You are the leader of the bandits that roam the land and make life miserable. The character not only has a big role in the game, but your face.
Pledge $250 or more
Alien Leader- We'll take a side and front view of your face and you'll become the alien leader. "We come in peace."
Thanks for your support. We can't wait to get this game into your hands.
Risks and challenges
The biggest challenge is just funding and time. We are currently working full-time and would like to get the game done this year.
We'd like to find new talent to support development on the game. It's currently being developed by just two individuals. We want your involvement in the game to be different than any other game.
Since it's open world and choices affect gameplay, this game is huge. Again adding hundreds of things you can build and use takes time. We want to do more than a tacked on co-op. We want to expand our soundtrack, and we want to design the game in two completely different art styles.
These things take time and money, but are 100% possible for us to achieve. If any problems arise, you will be informed and problems will be addressed. I can't think of anything specific, cause I don't think there will be problems.
If you have any concerns, you can take a look at or small previous kickstarter (a graphic package) which we promised 5,000 graphics and delivered around 9,000. The comments from the users here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/994920323/indie-graphics-builder-create-your-own-sprites/posts/395656 , reflect their satisfaction.
You can expect us to go the distance with this project.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
60 backers Limited (1940 left of 2000)
Early Adopters receive a DRM-free copy of the game when it is released later this year.Estimated delivery:
DRM-free copy of the game, plus access to the Alpha to help us improve the game with your ideas.Estimated delivery:
10 backers Limited (10 left of 20)
The above rewards, plus design idea around unique weapon or blueprint. Example: You want a particle beam that instantly vaporizes the zombies, we can do that.Estimated delivery:
The above rewards, (not including limited) plus the loads of graphics used to make the game so you can make your own zombie game. All royalty free. This includes graphics not used in the game.Estimated delivery:
1 backer Limited (24 left of 25)
The above rewards, (not including limited) plus you are in the game. Front and left side photo's of your face is needed to add your character portrait in the game for a bandit or civilian.Estimated delivery:
0 backers Limited (10 left of 10)
The above rewards, (not including limited) plus design your own scenario. Players around the world will enjoy your creativity.
Scenarios are special events that the character can encounter. This includes:
1) A or B choices the character will make.
2) What zombies, men, woman, aliens, or bandits you might encounter.
3) Dialogue if any
4) Special rewards you may receive
*You will be required to supply us with a screenplay like draft so we can accurately create the scenario. There will be some limitations.Estimated delivery:
0 backers Limited (1 left of 1)
Guy or Girl: The above rewards (not including limited). Your face portrait will represent the bandit leader you encounter in the game.Estimated delivery:
0 backers Limited (1 left of 1)
Guy or Girl: The above rewards (not including limited). Your face portrait will represent the Alien Leader you encounter in the game.Estimated delivery:
The above rewards, (not including limited) + You want to help fund the development and make this game more feature rich than a plethora of celery sticks.Estimated delivery:
- (40 days)