UPDATE: The official webpage for the Indie Graphics Builder has launched. It will help you keep track of progress and offer content suggestions.
7/11/2012: If you don't have amazon or kickstarter account, you can donate from this link through PayPal. http://www.roencia.com/indiegraphicsdonate.html PayPal donations receive the same reward tier as kickstarter donations.
EDIT 1: In the rewards it talks about licenses. A license means you get the entire pack for you to work with, and your development team. You don't pay any fee's, subscriptions, or royalties Licensing is more for large business's and education systems that have a large number of people who want to use this asset pack.
So I make graphics better than a Video, what is Indie Graphics Builder?
It is essentially a bundle of over 5,000+ graphics (and growing) of different completed parts in pieces in all genre's. Imagine those fun anime face making sites you can find online. You build a face with eyes, nose, and other features and your creation is unique. With Indie Graphics builder, you have that same level of freedom in other areas.
EDIT 2: The Indie Graphics Builder is not a software program. It's a collection of images made in such a way that you can use your own editing software to put the parts together anyway you like. Our FAQ explains better our hopes for making a program that quickly and easily puts these images together and saves directly to png.
Unlike other royalty free graphics online, we aim to make sprite building dynamic so even multiple people using the same assets can get different results. (Roencia Game Creators)
- Psd, Jpg, png, & gif supported - These file types will ensure you can use them in any editing program on Mac or Pc.
- Completed samples - If you need even more time scrapped off your development process, the package provides samples and finished sprites.
- Commercial & Royalty free - Make games and sell them. We'll also provide a store to help you sell them.
- Animated Parts - Not only are the parts still images, but also animations for building sprites will be supplied
- While I've already put a lot of hours into the project, I've run out of time to finish it. It's not quite as polished as it needs to be. Kickstarter funding will let me dedicate my full day into the project and get some badly needed software to speed things up. My dream is to become a freelance artist & graphical designer.
The required funding is the bare bones of what I need to finish it. If I go beyond current funding, I'll be able to do more things:
Extend Content: You want more, and I want to make it. The funding will seriously influence the number of sprites I include.
15,000 - You decide.
- More Animations: Everyone knows the hardest thing to create is animations and characters. With extra funding I can purchase software that will add quality and speed up development.
The only time I'll be running these great deals is on kickstarter. I'll explain some of these rewards below:
Royalty 2D Graphics (slice of the cake): Look at the samples below to get an
idea of the "Quality" of graphics you'd receive by supporting my
kickstarter. Pick two:
- Solar System Builder
- RPG Builder
- Platform Builder
- Alien Warships etc...
- Support for Your Games: I like to help promote indie games that people make at Roencia Game Creators. A site for the little guy =). I also use my Facebook, Twitter and YouTube channel to promote indie games. This is for all supporters.
Indie Graphics Builder Pack (studio edition)- The only time we will run this edition at this price. Contains graphics in these categories and growing:
- Logo creation
- Spaceship Creation
- Action Games
- Interface, menu, & HUD
- World Map
- Level Building
- OS: Windows (XP/Vista/7), MacOS, or Linux
- Jpg, png, & gif image supporting machine
- Psd files require Adobe Photoshop software
Are you offering a piece of software to build the sprites etc too or is it just the collection of graphical assets?
Like in the video, the graphics are put together in several pieces allowing for unique designs. Currently, the funding for a dedicated program to put the sprites together is a bit farther off the beaten path, but in our plans.
The Kickstarter is strictly for the 5000+ graphic elements (can grow based on funding). If funding reaches a certain limit, a program will be made for the graphics that makes putting the elements together quick and easy.
Support this project
- (46 days)