About this project
- Update #12 May 30 2014 Final Days Shopping Spree - And Countess Carmilla WIP
- Update #11 May 27 2014 More Death - a tribute.
- Update #10 May 26 2014 Goal Reached! Bundle Deals! Unlocks
- Update #9 May 21 2014 Redemption Engine WIPs and a some designing from an animator's point of view.
- Update #8 May 16 2014 Dragon Monk Update and Rigging.
- Update #7 May 15 2014 Quick Update - Dragon Monk WIP.
- Update #6 May 14 2014 Avatars and WIPs!
- Update #5 May 12 2014 Behind the Angel of Death
- Update #4 May 11 2014 Revised Stretch Goals and Purchasing Additional Models!
- Update #3 May 9 2014 Talk to the hand!
- Update #2 May 8 2014 Developer Diaries #1
- Update #1 May 7 2014 Halfway there! Wow!
Arcane Factories is a Canadian Company. Please note that our funds are listed in CAD. All international backers are welcome, but please use a currency calculator to determine the estimated cost of our pledges first.
We will make every effort to save our European backers from heavy customs charges on shipping our pledge rewards.
- When making a pledge on Kickstarter, it is up to YOU to determine the final pledge amount. Please double check the final pledge total, especially when determining add-on purchases!
- FIRST - Choose a single starter pledge.
- SECOND - If you want any items that are an optional ADD ON, add the amount to your pledge total.
- You will receive any free gifts associated with your initial pledge.
- If you wish to change your order, once additional models become unlocked, use the "Manage your Pledge" button to the right.
- At the end of our campaign, we will send you a survey to finalize your order.
- Use the post campaign survey to confirm your shipping address.
- Once production is complete, our fulfillment service will distribute your order to a warehouse closest to you.
- The final shipping amount is determined from the warehouse to your shipping address, and an invoice will be sent to you.
- Using this method is undeniably cheaper for you than asking for a standard flat rate shipping price from you when you pledge.
Currently, our fulfillment service uses warehouses in Canada, USA, Great Britain and Hong Kong.
Available 30mm Character Models
Single 30mm models post Kickstarter have $15 CAD MSRP
Add-On Additional Models
After purchasing any one of our reward levels, you can add additional 30mm Character Models to your purchase if you wish. The prices for additional models are listed in the graphic below.
Other models show for scale reference only.
Available Large Models
After purchasing any one of our reward levels, you may add on additional available large models to your order. Available large models are listed below.
Single large model MSRP post Kickstarter is $90 CAD.
All bundle deals can be purchased as a pledge, or added on to your existing pledge.
- Set of Digital Desktop Wallpaper.
Gold Level Rewards
- Digital Art Book PDF - includes production notes, commentary and sneak peeks of upcoming designs.
- Two FREE characters models from our available range.
More Gold Level Rewards will become unlocked as Stretch Goals!
Arcane Factories miniatures come in two categories - the 30mm characters, and the large centerpiece models.
We like to design our models with a degree of practicality and style over your stereotypical 'chain mail bikini'. While some of our models are posed in a pinup style, you'll also find many our characters to be posed in a dynamic fashion befitting of a hero on a battlefield.
It's our belief that designing characters with a strong narrative makes our models stand out from our competitors. We're professional animators and character designers and know what makes a fantastic character model.
Our 30mm miniatures are digitally sculpted, and the printed in resin with an extremely high detailed 3D printer. Such high-grade printing is usually reserved for creating jewelry and dental applications. Printing of such fine detail is free from graininess or stepping. Any additional cleanup is done by hand by a traditional sculptor, before we cast the model in in white pewter metal.
Painted prototype models of Baroness Tilda, Christina, and Bertha. Painted by Lester Bursley at www.awesomepaintjob.com
Our larger miniatures follow the same design pipeline, but are cast in a nice grey resin.
Arcane Factories is an exciting new miniature studio. In addition to miniatures, we also provide character, and terrain design and digital sculpting services for custom miniatures and dioramas.
Justin Tan has worked at Vancouver Film School, Rhythm and Hues Studios, and has been freelancing as a 3D generalist for many years. A serious tabletop hobbyist, his head is full of battle plans, bizarre creatures and fantastic beings from other dimensions - that he hopes to unleash upon the tabletop scene soon.
Classically trained in animation Gillian Slaunwhite has 10 years experience animating for Canadian television. While she loves animating her other passion is illustration and designing characters so this project just seemed right!
Curtis Richardson Smith studied classical animation in Australia, and Digital Character Animation at Vancouver Film School. He has since worked as an editor, compositor, classical and digital animator within the industry for the last two years. Between jobs, he has completed a number of short, animated films which have been screened around the world.
Jupiter Thoidingjam is an illustrator, comic artist, digital artist and animator in both 2D and 3D from Manipur, India. He worked as Lead Animator in Tata Interactive Systems. He also worked as storyboard artist for a Bollywood feature film directed by Anurag Kashyup. www.jupiterthart.com
Garth Lee is a Concept Artist and Animator born and raised in Vancouver, B.C. As a kid, he spent lots of time drawing in sketchbooks and coming up with new ideas and concepts, and after graduating from Vancouver Film School, he gets to specialize in Concept Art and Animation. Still drawing and getting 20% cooler each sketch! gleepix.blogspot.ca
Hailing more from the VFX side of things than the more classical 2D, Jesse Craven is one of the technical minds of the group. Rigging what needs to be rigged, developing what needs to be developed, and eating whatever snacks need to be eaten. For the good of the team, of course.
Christoper Savage is a classically trained animator hailing from a small village in the mountains of beautiful British Columbia. He went to school for graphic and web design before moving to Vancouver to become an animator and hasn't slowed down since. After graduating from Vancouver Film School Chris has worked primarily in flash animation at studios including Atomic Cartoons and DHX Media, on cartoons such as Rocket Monkeys and Packages from Planet X.
Coming from a strong traditional background, Dylan Scott started off as a concept artist/illustrator, then branched out into 3d modelling and VFX work. http://www.sputch.ca/
Matt Molen is a 3D sculptor and character/concept artist. Traditionally trained he's made the jump to 3D and is always expanding the limits of his craft and knowledge. mattmolenart.com
Kathleen Lim was born and raised in the Philippines then moved to Vancouver. She graduated from Vancouver Film School's classical animation class and excels in character concept and design.
The Wargamers Consortium is a collection of YouTubers, professional painters and sculptors, die-hard and casual hobbyists, and of course wargamers in all shapes and sizes. They've been working closely with the Arcane Factories crew, providing them with support and feedback for their designs.
Why Kickstarter? Crowdfunding has been an excellent launching platform for small businesses. It allows us to bring our models to the market and fund the development of the creation of future models as well. Our goals are -
- To bring an exciting new range of miniatures to the tabletop wargaming scene.
- To make dynamic and interestingly posed miniatures that stand out on the tabletop.
- To continue to work with the wargaming community to help bring models they would like to see come to life with our designs.
Risks and challenges
Thanks to our contacts in the hobby world, we've managed to research and discover a number of reliable manufacturers, suppliers, a fulfillment service and a pledge manager.
We are always hoping for things to go smoothly, but we also know that we may encounter situations that are out of our control.
Incidents like - personal tragedies, natural disasters, riots, acts of god, alien invasions, or disruptions in the space-time continuum are sadly beyond our powers to act upon.
In the unlikely event that something goes wrong, you can be sure that we will employ the very best effort we can muster to rectify the situation, and to see that all our pledges are fulfilled. All our shipments between collaborators, manufacturers, distributors etc will be fully insured and tracked.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (26 days)