HAWAII PANTRY - ALL NATURAL HAWAII GROWN PRODUCTS
HAWAII PANTRY - ALL NATURAL HAWAII GROWN PRODUCTS
ARTISANAL, HANDCRAFTED, ALL NATURAL Products. Supporting Hawaii Farmers and Agriculture. Whole Foods Naturally Prepared!
ARTISANAL, HANDCRAFTED, ALL NATURAL Products. Supporting Hawaii Farmers and Agriculture. Whole Foods Naturally Prepared! Read more
About this project
ENJOY SOME GREAT PRODUCTS!
Hawaii Pantry grew out of a passion for preserved foods and a true love for the Aina (land). Some of these recipes have been passed down from generations! The State of Hawaii is one of the most isolated population in the world. We import over 80% of our food! It makes no sense to me that we import so much? With energy, transporting, and costs continually rising there is a growing urgency to address food security by re-establishing a local food system. This has been a driving source of inspiration along with my 18-year culinary background.
I've been working on this with any spare time I have. From the label design to recipes. I rent certified kitchen space from a friend but will outgrow this location soon. I'm currently seeing positive feedback from the community! And are well on our way to see positive cash flow by the end of the year. By this time we will need a larger facility to house this operation.
Currently, finalizing the labels with nutritional facts and barcodes. You will be the first to see the new labels! Once completed we will begin producing a larger volume of products. Sell them to grocery stores here on Oahu including Whole Foods, Foodland, Down To Earth, Safeway, Times Supermarket, Longs Drugs, Walmart, Tamura's and other retail outlets. After we're established here on Oahu we will move to the outer islands Maui, Kauai and the Big Island. I have goals of establishing retail outlets on the mainland (Trader Joe's) and overseas in Japan.
THE FLAVORS ARE FRESH, NATURAL, AND BOLD! I have a whole product line in the works, and I need your help.
WHAT WILL I DO WITH THE FUNDS:
1. Take care of you first, our Kickstarter backers! Without your generous donation, this would not be possible. Big MAHALO!
2. Hire, develop and train a TEAM necessary to produce these products.
- Operating costs: Rent a retail outlet with kitchen space and storage. Purchase walk-in refrigerator and equipment. Utility cost. Accounting department. Employee wages.
- Manufacturing costs: Raw Products. Print labels in bulk. Bulk order of glass bottles and containers. My goal is to have our products in both glassware and ECO-friendly containers.
- Branding/Marketing: Social media marketing to build an online presence on Facebook and Instagram. Instore free sample booths for new product demos. Broden our farmers market team for sales and exposure. Branding as a quality local product.
- Distribution Costs: Purchase a transportation vehicle for local delivery to grocery retail outlets branded with our logo. Bulk order of boxes, packing tape and labels for shipping.
- Webpage: Target online market. Online ordering, shipping department.
3. Introduce New Products (not limited):
Once settled in the new place we will offer new products.
- SAUCES: Chili Pepper Water, Sriracha, XXX Sriracha, Thai Chili Sauce, Garlic Chili Sauce, Sambal
- PICKLES: Dill Pickles, Chili Garlic Pickles, Pickled Beets, Lemon Chili Green Beans, Pickled Okra, Lemon Chili Okra, Pickled Jalapeno
- SAUERKRAUT: Caraway Dillkraut, Ginger Carrotkraut, Beetkraut
- KIMCHI: Cucumber Kimchi, Daikon Radish Kimchi
- FRESH JUICE: Lemon, Lime, Orange, Watermelon, Grapefruit
- DRIED FRUITS: Pineapple, Mango, Banana, Papaya, Coconut
- DIPS: Smoked Ahi Dip, Smoked Marlin Dip, Maui French Onion Dip
- SALSAS: Mild, Medium, Hot
- HONEY, BUTTER AND PRESERVES: Lilikoi Butter, Jams, Honey
- FRESH FRUIT: Pineapple, Li Hing Pineapple, Mango
4. Expansion: First within the local Oahu market, then outer islands, and continue onto the mainland and international. Shipping, storage, packaging, and transportation. Future mainland processing plant.
5. Weekly updates on our progress.
*STRETCH GOAL $40,000+ pledge
RESTAURANT CAFE / HAWAII PANTRY market
1. Take care of you first, our Kickstarter backers! Without your generous donation, this would not be possible. Big MAHALO
2. I intend to have a restaurant down the road. This is a Kickstarter to kickstart my ultimate dream. We will pick a location for a brick and mortar indoor-outdoor casual restaurant with retail and production space. Serving breakfast and brunch daily, farm fresh eggs, bacon, pancakes, waffles, and french toast using all locally sourced ingredients. A true farm to table experience! Artisanal baked breads for sandwiches. Local grass fed beef burgers, island raised pork and chicken. With homemade desserts!
3. Hire and train a TEAM of co-workers. Secure a liquor license to sell Guava/Passion Fruit Mimosa's and Craft Beers!
4. Weekly updates on our progress.
**DREAM ULTIMATE STRECH GOAL $250,000++ pledge
HAWAII PANTRY FARM & RESTAURANT
1. Purchase farmland, grow our own produce and make our products.
2. Farm to Table restaurant. Self-sustainable! A visitor center, retail shop, gift Shop, artisanal activities, coffee shop and workshops.
3. You can always Dream!
These products are also healthy for you. Low in calories, vegetarian recipes, dairy-free, gluten-free and probiotic "good for your gut"!
QUOTES FROM CONSUMERS
" BEST PICKLES I'VE EVER HAD!" Waimanalo Food Co-Op worker
"IT TASTE BETTER THAN SRIRACHA, ITS FULL OF FLAVOR!" Amy Fujioka
"THE CHILI PEPPER WATER HAS A KICK!" Nick Lamas
"I DON'T EVEN LIKE BEETS, BUT THIS IS GOOD!" Ian Cross
Risks and challenges
Hiring, training and keeping quality team members will be key to our success. I believe in find like-minded TEAM orientated co-workers. As an incentive, I will offer profit sharing to build a long-term foundation of managing members.
Besides overhead and general funding, our biggest risk will be keeping up with the supply and demand! As with any business, growing pains are to be expected. With old fashion hard work, calculated preparation, strategic planning, will prepare us for future growth.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (29 days)