We are offering a modular set of terrain corridors that can be used with any 28mm miniatures game. Each corridor and room section is created from laser cut 3mm MDF and comes in a variety of shapes including straight corridors, T-intersections, and large rooms. There are 6 different "themes" of corridor to choose from with more on the way. Most of the themes come in both single-wide and double-wide options with and unlockable section that links both types of set together. Other options allow you to add an exterior and windows (free) to the sets.
We need your help to get this off the ground and purchase the laser and supplies.
Both sets include all the wall detail add-ons. Each of the rooms have doors on all four sides, false walls and clips to hold them in place are included which will allow you to make a variety of different room configurations.
How about some details...
- Each "square" is 1.6 inches long and wide. Slightly oversized relative to 28-30 mm bases to accommodate different base sizes.
- Hallway sides add an addition 0.5 inches to either side of the corridor squares. You can comfortably fit two 30 mm bases side-by-side across the corridor, or one 50 mm base.
- Corridor walls are 2.4 inches high. The height will keep the taller miniatures under the "ceiling" of the corridors without interfering with actually moving minis around.
- All corridors have the same dimensions so you can combine themes. We'll be releasing a special corridor piece that will allow you to link between single and double-width corridors...but you'll have to watch for that one as we go.
To start, we're offering six different sets of themes for you to choose from. While they are all based on the same base design, each comes with its own twist to make it a unique playing experience.
The Steampunk Sewers - Grated floors, brass support struts, and valves on every wall; the Steampunk Sewers can easily be used as the floorplan of an airship or any other industrial setting. Each corridor section comes with valves and other items you can place on the walls to give it that steampunk feel. Or if you choose not to add them you will have a more conventional industrial setting.
The M-Class Starfreighter - The M-Class Starfreighter uses a universal design template for its design, making the hallways and rooms familiar to anyone who has walked the halls of any standard colony or space station, making this theme one of the most versatile for gaming.
The Blockade Runner - The ship has a graceful feel to it when you look at the support columns but age, combat damage, and disrepair have given way to random access and storage panels missing from the corridors. Each corridor section comes with between 6 and 20 access hatches allowing for heavy customization on each corridor section.
The Alien Homeworld - The Aliens inhabiting this world have combined art with warfare. Though their structures may seem fragile to look at, they have been built to take the heavy punishment of combat.
The Alliance Starship - Built originally as a deep space scout ship, it has been repeatedly retrofitted to take on a variety of other, more combat oriented tasks. This corridor set comes with an extra interior panel and support beams to extend the panel further out from the wall.
The Abandoned Mine - Crumbling walls and rotting support beams add to the claustrophobic feel of this corridor set. Each corridor piece comes with broken wall pieces to remove the flat surfaces. Cracks along the floor help with movement and measuring.
Bunker - Tight corridors with the end of each passage becoming a bottleneck. The walls and floor are cracked from bombing. Each corridor comes with vents, fans, electrical access panels and other items to add some flavor to the drab underground setting. Text on the walls will come in your choice of German or Arabic.
Citadel - The only terrain piece to not obviously use a "square" on the floor, the walls and floors are made of heavy carved stone. The ends of each corridor have carved dragon heads looking down on passerbys. Each corridor piece will come with oversized shields (in a variety of shapes) to display the personal heraldry of current and former occupants.
Dwarven Stronghold - Carved from solid stone, the drawven stronghold is an unexpected difference from the mines where the Dwarves spend their days. Complex shapes cover the floors and walls.
Con-Am 27 - A standard mining refinery found on any planet or ship. Each corridor piece comes with scaffolds and utility boxes, enough to make each piece consistent with the others or to individualize each corridor section.
Colony - Colony comes in two flavors: Rounded Supports (pictures on the left) really make the corridors have a claustrophobic feel and you can't beat the view at eye-level. The second flavor is Geometric Shapes (pictures on the right) on the walls allow give you the chance to customize each corridor piece. You can choose from either or both options.
Gothic - Gothic corridors are made up of a variety of different designs which incorporate arches (pictures on the right), shelves, shrines, and a variety of other elements keeping the Gothic set varied and interesting. Space Hulk corridors are where a majority of the source material comes from.
Not all the themes have all options available to them. The chart below lays out the options and what is available for each.
- Single Corridors: These are corridors that are one "square" wide. You will see the options for these sets on the left side of the screen in green boxes. Single corridors are 2.5 inches wide.
- Double Corridors: These are corridors that are two "squares" wide. You will see the options for these sets on the right side of the screen in blue boxes. Double-Wide Corridors are 4.1 inches wide.
- Exterior Option: Some themes have the option to include exteriors. these exteriors snap on to the internal corridors and add design elements to the outside so they are a little bit more than just the corridors you may be used to seeing.
- Windows Option: You will have the option to include windows at no additional cost. Windows are included on all larger corridor pieces and come with all the pieces you need to plug them up - so just because you take the windows option does not mean that you will always need to have windows in your game. You do not need to take the Exterior Option to include windows.
- ???: We will reveal new themes as we hit stretch goals, the "???" options along the top and sides will be revealed as the campaign progresses.
Exteriors...$35 for Single-wide corridors, $25 for Double-wide corridors per set...covers exteriors for all pieces in the core set as well as any stretch goals unlocked. Please see the Options chart above for availability.
Windows...Free. You only need to check the option in the pledge manager we send out. If you have chosen to include exteriors as well, windows will be cut out of both the interior and exterior pieces. If you want windows but did not choose the exterior option the windows will include an additional piece that will ensure they remain locked to the wall until you remove them. Please see the options chart above for availability.
A note about stretch goals. if you selected Level 2 or 3 you will get multiple rewards at each stretch goal. For example, if you selected level 2 and we hit our first stretch goal you will receive two stretch goals here and you could choose from either or both the single-wide or double-wide goals.
We are currently "inking" several different partnership opportunities and offerings. More details will arrive here as we get them. For now I'd like to introduce you to...
Elven Papercraft from Lord Zse Zse - Aside from some awesome papercraft terrain on their Kickstarter and the web site, they have a lot of interesting pieces that will augment your Short Fuse Corridors. Check them out.
Your support will help to make all of this possible and give us the kickstart we need to not only expand the options in the corridors but also build new and cost-effective terrain for you.
Risks and challenges
Risks should be minimal for this project. I have all the necessary supplies ready to be purchased, just in need of the funds to do it. Laser and wood suppliers have all been chosen and are aware of what we're planning so lead time in getting these in house will be cut to a minimum.
The level of detail in each of the themes does take time to produce - I want to be able to put something on the table that does not need to be actually painted for it to be pleasing to the eye - so fulfillment time will stretch as backers increase.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)