We're on the verge of unlocking themed rooms so I wanted to take a moment and discuss just what a themed room is.
most of the themes have special rooms designed for them that fit with the source material I drew the ideas from. Let's look at the prototype of the themed room for Steampunk Sewers, shown here:
This is just a prototype so a lot of the detail is missing and there are some changes I have made to it so it should not be considered a final version. However, this does illustrate what a themed room would look like. They are extensions of the theme that allow you to add an extra layer to your gaming experience. Final versions will include doors for either single or double wide entry, acrylic, and in many case are multi-level like the one here.
Here is what I am thinking for each theme (you will see some of the ideas repeated, I am planning on using the same overall design but applying a theme-specific enhancement):
- Steampunk sewers - large laboratory
- M-Class Starfrieghter - operations, medbay, sleeping quarters, bridge
- Blockade Runner - multi-level cargo hold
- Alien Homeworld - teleportation room
- Alliance Starship - bridge, gunnery station
- Abandoned Mine - none at this time, I'm open to ideas
- Bunker - sleeping quarters, communications room
- Citadel - throne room
- Dwarven Stronghold - throne room
- Con-Am 27 - airlock
- Colony - operations, medbay, garage
- Gothic - chapel
Available options are subject to change.
You will not see these rooms appear on the add-on list. I won't have final versions until after the campaign ends so special plans will be made to get these together for you to review before shipping.
54 hours to go!