About this project
How it all came about…
This picture was taken in 1948 on mom’s eighteenth birthday. After her death in 2003 I received this print and proudly hung it in my home. Over the years I would often say “this is a stunning picture of mom, if I ever create a company I'll use it as the logo!”
Late 2012, I registered Aiello Global Foods! It is only fitting I name the first sauce after my mom; Bella Rosalia Marinara.
A little back-story:
I grew up on Long Island NY. I am 2nd generation Sicilian American, 100%. In my family everyone was Sicilian… Not Italian… Sicilian! In 1986 I moved to Los Angeles, CA. Following my dreams I built a successful career in music entertainment. As the economy & employment shifted dramatically I began asking what my next chapter will be... Finally I decided to produce and sell my homemade pasta sauce… Listen, for years my friends told me I should bottle and sell it…Why not?
There is nothing better than creating a meal and watching people enjoy it…
Step by Step I began creating a business plan & budget, securing the company name & URL, applying & purchasing the multitude of permits and licenses, acquiring the equipment and supplies, printing labels, business cards and a banner to be used at the Farmers Markets.
Phase One; rent a commercial kitchen, produce Bella Rosalia Marinara with imported Italian tomatoes and ingredients locally sourced. After canning the marinara it will be sold at local Los Angeles Farmers Markets and on the Aiello Global Foods web store. Phase Two; sell Bella Rosalia Marinara at specialty shops and hopefully Whole Foods and Trader Joe's...
Risks and challenges
The risks & challenges to Expand Aiello Global Foods and produce/sell Bella Rosalia Marinara at Farmers Markets are high.
1. Before I can sell, I must obtain permits from the city's health department for each Farmers Market I plan to sell at. The permits range from $110.00 to $150.00 for a 3-month period. So If I plan to sell at four (4) different markets per week, the cost is well over $575.00 per quarter.
2. Obtain liability insurance coverage (annually)
3. I'm currently renting a commercial kitchen in Sherman Oaks @ the rate of $25.00 per hour one day (8 hrs) each week, that adds up to $800.00 per month.
WITH YOUR DONATION I CAN…
1. Purchase additional cooking and canning supplies, mason jars, a water cooler, table & chairs for the Aiello Global Foods booth at farmers markets.
2. Pay for additional booth space at new Farmers Markets locations and the never-ending permits and licenses...
3. Increase the Bella Rosalia Marinara line… launch four (4) new Marinara sauces with Bell Peppers, Eggplant, Mushrooms and Peas.
4. Pay for additional hours @ the commercial kitchen.
5. Acquire UPC and Nutritional Facts labels.
6. Expand the Aiello Global Foods line… Import authentic Sicilian olive oil and artisan pasta.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (30 days)