Our team is an all-inclusive, diverse crew of Latinx creatives located in Los Angeles. We take action into our own hands by creating authentic stories that support positive representation and reflect who we truly are.
All of our crew has gradually worked their way up from the bottom of the film industry, through diligence and dedication, to create original films seeking to empower and reflect the Latino community.
MEET THE TEAM
- Writer: David Mansanalez is a U.S. Army veteran whose experiences show in his writing, as well as his hard work, dedication and his passion for creativity and personal growth.
- Director/Producer: Alex Ferrufino is a Director, who’s worked in the film industry for over 10 years. After the loss of a very good friend due to gang violence, he made his choice to turn his life & Art around and start pursuing his goal of becoming a filmmaker to give young people like him a voice.
- Producer: John Mercado is a Producer/Screenwriter, who graduated in 2006 with Bachelor’s Degree in Film/TV. John has over ten years of television production with genres such as reality, daytime, drama, and more; now writing/producing projects for 4Ways Entertainment, a company he helped begin and is excited to showcase to the world.
- Editor/Producer: Oliver Paradise picked up a passion for filmmaking when he realized how he could combine his craft in writing and photography into motion pictures: now working in screenwriting, producing, and directing. He’s constantly seeking, creating and producing the most unique stories that maintain a strong heartbeat from beginning to end.
The vicious cycle of incarceration continues to affect each new generation. The story of this film is unfortunately a very real one, specifically for many minorities. Families are threatened by past bad decisions that carry on and continue to leave their mark.
It's time to tell these individual stories with our own voice, to represent Latino culture from a familiar, realistic perspective – and to challenge the typical negative stereotypes still seen on our screens today.
Our mission with “Slipping Into Darkness” is to deconstruct and ultimately break the cycle of generational incarceration. We want to empower the Latino community by providing a genuine story and information through the power of film.
It's not just about bringing awareness, but it's about educating our community and encouraging a change to prevent a cycle that is damaging our families and youth.
Hopefully we can inspire young, Latinx kids from low-income communities – and show them that they can make a difference in Hollywood, and most importantly, their own community.
WHAT WE NEED
We need genuine stories from real perspectives to be told, and we need you to help make this film come to life. The great news is: We completed the physical shooting for our film!
However, it takes a village to make a film. We need funding for post-production. This includes editing software, sound mixing, coloring the film, and the list goes on and on.
WHAT YOU GET
Every little bit counts, and we want to personally thank each and every one of you for your contributions. When you support this campaign you have the opportunity to receive a wide variety of perks, to show our sincere appreciation. Perks include:
- Social Media Shoutout $10
- Google Hangout Q&A $20
- Exclusive Link to Stream $30
- Go on Set! $50
- Special Thanks Credit $100
- Associate Producer $500
- Executive Producer Credit $1,500
- 2 Tickets to the Premiere $300
OTHER WAYS TO HELP
In order to reach our goal for this series, we will need help from as many of you as possible. There are many ways to help out in addition to donating the campaign. Spreading the word and sharing the link to the campaign through social media is extremely effective and necessary for this important story.
Thank you for your contribution and for taking the time to research our campaign!
Risks and challenges
A big challenge is securing the funds to create this project. Even though many independent productions cut costs, we want to ensure we can pay our team and secure their services. This way we are able to make sure our project doesn’t fall behind.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)