- There will be three pledge levels – in three boxes
- There will not be any expansion Stretch Goals in the new campaign – every expansion will be available in the Deluxe and the Collector’s options
- There will be Add-ons
- The two-player option will be part of the base game
- The huge plastic box will be a Stretch Goal and an Add-on
- We renegotiated shipping costs, making shipping significantly cheaper
- We are working on the foreign language editions
- We are working on lowering of the Funding Goal significantly
- Relaunch in March?
Hello again, investigators!
We might have been quiet over the past two months, but we have not been idle. We have been working very hard behind the scenes. Cultistorm is a very complex project and the restructuring of our Kickstarter campaign brought about several changes, causing us to redesign many of our processes. For this we needed additional data and quotes. We have not finalised everything yet, but we can already see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Let us see where we are on our relaunch task list: we will be brief this time, but detailed updates about each point will be posted over the upcoming weeks.
1. We have redesigned the pledge structure, distributing the content into three different boxes, which will be available in three separate levels. There will be a Deluxe version containing the base game, the 10 expansions, and the campaign mode; you will also find the original all-in pledge which will have everything you saw last time; and even more in the Collector’s Edition.
2. There will not be any expansion Stretch Goals in the new campaign! Every expansion module will be available from the beginning as part of the Deluxe or the Collector’s box.
3. The Narrative expansion containing the Script Book, the short story collection, and the Soundtrack album, as well as the plastic box will be available as separate Add-ons.
4. We added the two-player version to the base game, meaning Cultistorm will be published as a 2-5 player game. The solo mode and the Overlord expansion adding a 6th player will also be available during the campaign.
5. The huge plastic box will be a Stretch Goal for the Collector’s Edition. If we reach it, you will also be able to order the plastic box as an Add-on for the two smaller pledge levels.
6. We redesigned and renegotiated shipping costs, managing to considerably lower shipping prices.
7. We redesigned the Stretch Goals. There will be new elements and new structures. In the new campaign we will reveal the Stretch Goals bit by bit. There will be different Stretch Goals for each of the different pledge levels.
8. Our biggest challenge is creating the foreign language editions of Cultistorm. We considered several production possibilities and had to accept that there is a necessary minimum number of orders we need for each language. We cannot produce the game economically below this number, which was the 500/1000 copies we set as the “language Stretch Goals” in our previous campaign. A solution is being worked on, one that would guarantee high quality translation and production, but we would only like to share more details once we have concluded negotiations and have all the necessary information. This will take a few more weeks, so we ask for your patience.
9. The other major challenge is lowering the Funding Goal. If we aim for the real price, the amount will still be too high. We found a solution allowing us to lower the necessary minimum amount without having to play with the numbers, but we are still in intense negotiations about it and we are working on the preparations. This is the other topic we would only like to discuss in more detail once we have managed to resolve all the open questions.
That is where we are at the moment.
The most important question everybody asks is: when will the relaunch happen? We would love to start the second Kickstarter campaign in March, but we would have to finish every ongoing task for that. We are working hard, we are making good progress, and we are sure that our second campaign will be even better than the first.
See you soon!