About this project
Fightin' Fungi is Ganesha Games first entry into producing a line of unique, high quality, metal miniatures for use with the Song of Blades and Heroes fantasy skirmish game(SoBH). These miniatures will also appeal to miniature collectors, and definitely be of use in RPGs and other tabletop wargames.
The first range will be a race of mushroom men and their fungi inspired creatures and minions. The project is now funded and we have unlocked several new models and more miniatures are being added almost daily.
You can get a forest full of these wonderful and characterful miniatures with the Fungi King pledge. Below is what is currently included and it is still growing to a better value with every miniature we unlock.
We are also producing a limited edition AMAZON Fungi that will only be available to supporters of this KS campaign. It is available free to supporters pledging at Lord of Fungi or Higher. Other supporters may add it to their pledge by adding $4.00.
Limited Edition Amazon Fungi
We also have added a lot of new stretch goals and various designs to appeal to a wide variety of gamers. Check out the new stretch goals below.
Special 'Backer' Stretch goal miniature UNLOCKED
Let me introduce our intrepid Halfling truffle hunter, Andrea Underoot and his trusty pig mount, Davey Snoutbottom. we have reached 200 backers of this project he is provided free to all pledger of Lord of Fungus and higher and other backers may get him as an Add-On for $8.00.
The 'core 6' miniatures have already been sculpted and will go into production because of this kickstarter. Below is a picture of the finished sculpts.
We are utilizing the talented sculptor, Micah Nichols, to bring these wonderful fungoid creations to life in 28mm. You can see some of Micah’s other work on his Facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/pages/Micah-Nichols-Miniatures/271701299516822
Below are a few examples of how the artwork is translated into a 3D Miniature.
The miniatures will be cast by a reputable company in the UK. This should be good news to backers in Europe, because they will have their rewards shipped directly from the UK which should help avoid any 'Surprise' customs fees.
More than just Miniatures
Fightin' Fungi is also a stand-alone rulebook based on the popular Song of Blades and Heroes(SOBH) skirmish game. Gamers who are new to SOBH will find an award-winning, complete, easy to use system which lets you play a battle in 45 minutes to an hour, and a mini-campaign or tournament in a long afternoon. Old fans of the game will find enough new materials for them to expand and bring new elements to their existing games of SOBH. Completely back-compatible with other SOBH books, Fightin' Fungi will include Reactions (an action system which lets a force interrupt the opponent's turn whenever a foe misses a Quality roll), optional weapon rules to represent flails, long weapons and so on, and a bolt-on spell system which can be used instead of the less detailed magic system of basic SOBH. Full stats for all figures and a few suggested opponents (invading humans, neighboring wood elves and the ever-present goblinoids) will be provided so new and old gamers can start playing immediately -- just add any figures you already have to the ones produced in this Kickstarter.
you can learn more about SOBH and other Genesha rules by visiting our website; http://www.ganeshagames.net/product_info.php?cPath=1_6&products_id=189&osCsid=4dsjrivhfonqakj1kd1t51m0e1
There is also an active yahoo group for discussion and fan created content; https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/songofblades/info
Two pledge levels are offered for the rulebook only. The first will give you a PDF version of the rules and the second both a full color, lavishly illustrated, 6x9 inches paperback and a PDF. The PDF is formatted in 6x9 size to be easily readable on tablet devices and laptops.
Background of The Sun-Kissed Vale, land of the Fungi Folk
The Sun-Kissed Vale is the realm of Fungi Folk, a species of evolved, magically adaptive mushrooms who have absorbed intelligence, literacy and tool use from the neighboring human, hobgoblin, wood elf and goblin cultures. The Vale is a forested area, rich in magical energies and natural resources, and thus attracts all sorts of adventurers and explorers. The Fungi Folk resent these intrusions but, at the same time, are curious about the ways of the intruders. In addition, many humanoids consider fair game to eat the mushroom men. Some expeditions, especially humans and halflings, are led by food connoisseurs and chefs who came to pick rare mushrooms and truffles for high-paying customers. Many a Fungi Folk has ended up as main course on a king’s table. Inevitably, conflict arises, and skirmishes are fought.
The Fightin' Fungi game recounts the stories of these battles. On one side, the stalwart, alien defenders of a forest and its secrets; on the other, raiders looking for fame, fortune, and delicious morsels.
Each player controls a warband of 5-12 figures. Warbands belong to two main factions: Fungi and Humanoids.
Fungi are divided into four sub-factions.
- The Autumn Folk, bound by their duty to protect the land;
- The Rotten Hearts, swayed by the powers of hallucination magic and necromancy;
- The Path of the Underwood, a mystic school of martial artists professing meditation and good deeds;
- The warlike and adventurous Oaken Spears, who manufacture armor and weapons out of tree bark, branches, and other natural sources.
The following humanoids are included in the fighting rules. No miniatures of these races will be produced as a result of this kickstarter as there are already numerous suitable figures available from other fine manufacturers.
Humanoids are typically arranged on an ethnic basis, but mixed parties are possible.
- Humans are the most varied in outlook. Most are motivated by profit; others are scouts leading scientific expeditions.
- Goblins are reavers and brigands looking for treasure and salable items.
- Hobgoblins are well-organized, militaristic invaders trying to blaze strategic trails through the forest.
- Orcs are vandals who destroy the forest for the sake of it, and capture wild boars and dire wolves for their cavalry.
- Halflings are food collectors come to collect delicacies.
- Wood Elves come to study the ways of the wood and collect fungi specimens.
Below are few samples of the artwork from the rule book.
As we unlock new models, you will be able to add as many additional models as you like by increasing your pledge by the amount listed below for each additional model.
Add on price list
- Limited Edition Amazon Fungi $4.00
- Andrea and Davey $8.00
- Axman $4.00
- Slinger $4.00
- Sporespear $4.00
- Martial Artist $4.00
- Oaken Spear $4.00
- Drummer $4.00
- Archer $4.00(FF) UNLOCKED!!
- Multi-Pose $4.00(FF) UNLOCKED!!
- MATANAGAR $5.00 UNLOCKED!!
- Spell Caster $4.00(FF) UNLOCKED!!
- Zombie Fungus $4.00(FF) UNLOCKED!!
- Vampire Fungus $4.00(FF) UNLOCKED!!
- Fungus Monk $4.00(FF) UNLOCKED!!
- Spore Monster $10.00 UNLOCKED!!
- Sporeling $2.50(FF) UNLOCKED!!
- Greater Sporeling $4.00(FF) UNLOCKED!!
- SM heavy Infantry $4.00 UNLOCKED!!
- Enoki Ranger $4.00 UNLOCKED!!
- Fungi King $8.00 UNLOCKED!!
- Worm Rider $8.00 UNLOCKED!!
- Flying Eye Fungus $5.00 UNLOCKED!!
- Pillbug Heavy Cavalry $8.00 UNLOCKED!!
- Grasshoper Rider $9.00 UNLOCKED!!
- Goblin Fungus Zombie $4.00(FF) UNLOCKED!!
- SWAMP FUNGUS $10.00 UNLOCKED!!
- Mykityad Nymph $5.00 FF) UNLOCKED!!
- Fungus Queen $5.00 UNLOCKED!!
- Master of Mushrooms $5.00 UNLOCKED!!
- Swamp Lion Fungus $5.00 (Locked)
- Paladin $4.00 (Locked)
- Gladiator $4.00 (Locked)
- Assassin $4.00 (Locked)
- Tedronian $6.00 (Locked)
Models designated as (FF) are included free to supporters who pledge at Fightin' Fungi and Really Fightin' Fungi.
Supporters who pledge at Lord of Fungus and above receive one copy of ALL the models unlocked for free. Backers at these levels may also swap their duplicate ‘core 6’ miniatures for any combination of unlocked miniatures.
Special ADD ONS
We have had many requests from backers indication they would like to use some of the models to build fantasy armies for their favorite fantasy battle system or get multiple copies for their RPG sessions. The Multi-option infantry and Zombie Fungus have been the main models requested, so we decided to do a special deal where people can get multiple copies of these miniatures and a significant discount.
We are offering to add on ‘Bundle’ deals where you get 10 multi-option infantry or 10 zombie fungus. These may be added on to any pledge level.
Tales of the Sun kissed Vale RPG and Art book +$5.00
Since many of our backers may be new to Ganesha Games, we are making all of the existing rulebooks available for new players and old fans of Ganesha wanting to complete their collection, you can add the following PDF titles as a $5 add-on to your pledge (that's 3 dollars off the already rock-bottom regular price of $8!). This offer is valid only during the Kickstarter. Downloads will be sent to you immediately as soon as the Kickstarter ends.
Head overt to www.ganeshagames.net to read a description of each ruleset. Please signup on Ganeshagames.net to have LIFETIME free updates for all the PDFs you purchase.
PDF Miniature Rulebook add ons only $5.00 each!
- Song of Blades and Heroes
- Song of Gold and Darkness (dungeon rules for SBH)
- Song of Wind and Water (wilderness rules for SBH)
- Fear and Faith (Horror)
- Power Legion (superheroes)
- Mutants and Death Ray Guns (post-apocalypse)
- Swatters (marines vs bug aliens)
- '61-'65 ACW Rules (American Civil War)
- BattleSworn - Bid For Victory Fantasy rules (secret bid-based fantasy skirmish)
- Mighty Monsters (kaiju)
- Samurai Robots Battle Royale (giant robots - mecha)
- Song of Drums and Shakos (Napoleonic)
- More drums and Shakos (supplement for Song of Drums and Shakos)
- Drums and Shakos Large Battles (large battles Napoleonic)
Role Playing Games add on, Only $5.00 each!
- Familiars Roleplaying Game (RPG where the player-characters are a witch's familiars)
- Tales of Blades and Heroes (Song of blades based RPG book - for players)
- Tales of Beasts and Perils (Tales of Blades core book - for the GM)
- Heroes of the Tales (combat options/new traits for Tales of Blades and Heroes
If we breach the $13,000 barrier, we will unveil another 15+ stretch goals. To cover all of the various factions in the game. We will also be doing an expansion to the rules if we exceed the first set of stretch goals.
Thanks for looking at our project!
Risks and challenges
One of the goals of this Kickstarter is to build confidence with the gaming community that we can deliver a quality project within the designated time frame and set the stage for more ambitious projects down the road. The core 6 miniatures have already been sculpted and are just waiting for funding to be sent for casting. There is little risk these miniatures will not be ready one time.
The primary risk is there will be delays in sculpting any new miniatures added as a result of stretch goals. We have a very capable and talented sculptor who has a consistent track record of delivering on time, but one can never predict unforeseen circumstances which could cause delays. To ensure the project is fulfilled, we also have a list of back up sculptors, in the very unlikely event the primary sculptor is unable to deliver.
We are very confident, that should the project fund we will ultimately be be able to fulfill the project as described and within a reasonable time frame to our backers.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)