What is Rancidville?
Rancidville: A Sour Beginning is the first part of a three-part story. This full color 52 Page comic tells the story of Nathaniel Wicket who moves to a junkyard in an unfamiliar town with his estranged Uncle.
Instantly making new friends with Alice Martin and Shane Hines, the trio soon discovers a conspiracy within the greedy town council and a deeper mystery involving the Guardian of the city, Nathaniel's uncle, and his parents.
This book explores the stereotypical roles we play in society, the bonds of family and the beauty of friendship. It is imaginative, funny, and is sure to engage the kid in all of us.
Why should you back Rancidville?
- If you like mysteries you will love Rancidville.
- There are over 50 Pages of Content
- If you like mysteries solved by kids you will love Rancidville.
- If you're a fan of Goonies or Scooby-Doo then guess what, you will love Rancidville
- If you think the government is corrupt and wish someone could prove it (well I can't fix that) but you may still love Rancidville.
- You will love Rancidville if you are looking for a fresh story that challenges the preconceived notions of appearances and how we judge others based on those things.
- A Sour Beginning is both Chapters 1 and 2 of Rancdiville making up the first part of a three act story.
- The book is 100% Complete
- A Digital Deluxe PDF is included with every book.
Meet the Creator
John Edingfield II (comic artist factotum*)
I have been a comic fan for 38 years. Ever since I was 8 years old spending my free time in a dingy used bookstore by a 7-eleven.
I have always enjoyed telling stories and I love to draw pictures. Being an illustrator and a painter, I have held a number of creative professional positions over the years including drawing political cartoons for newspapers, graphic design work for a computer magazine and operating offset printing presses.
I have spent a lifetime (it seems) raising children, which has given me a unique perspective to tell engaging stories that are safe for virtually all ages.
I am currently working on Part Two of Rancidville as well as a number of other new projects.
*literally “does everything”
Who's it for?
I would love the short answer to be EVERYBODY!
But that may be oversimplifying it.
I have always wanted to create comics that could be enjoyed by everyone.
However, some of the themes in Rancidville may be too complex for younger readers. Although it could be read to children as young as 5 years old, the ideal audience is 8 years old and up.
Why Kickstarter and What Will the Funds Be Used For?
I want to make high-quality books that are apparent as soon as you see it on the shelf or when you slowly flip through the pages.
In order to have complete control over this process, (and because I do not have any incriminating photos of anyone in the publishing world) I have chosen to self-publish.
The funds raised from this Kickstarter will go toward an off-set print run of Rancidville: A Sour Beginning.
Preview the Story
You can read the story so far online by going to Rancidville.com
And if you go to Rancidville.com/citizen and become a citizen of the town of Rancidville you will get exclusive content and postings before anyone else sees them.
If you dig what you see, I hope you'll choose to join the campaign and select one of the following rewards to help make Rancidville: A Sour Beginning a reality.
Perks and Rewards
The Skinny on a Guarantee
I want you to back my project with confidence.
If you're not 100% satisfied with your pledge, I'll do whatever it takes to resolve your issue.
And, if that's not possible, simply return your reward and you'll be refunded your full pledge amount.
Here's the Lowdown
- 4 Weeks: Kickstarter Campaign runs from Sept 1 to Sept 30
- 2 Weeks: Review Pledges and wait for Funds to Clear Oct 1 to Oct 15
- 1 Day: Digital Rewards Released Oct 20
- 1 Day: Send Files to the Printer Oct 23
- 2 Weeks: Proofs reviewed Nov 6
- 8 Weeks: Books Printed and Shipped Jan 2
- 2 Weeks: Safety Buffer Jan 16, 2018
- 2 Weeks: Fulfillment Jan 30
- 1 Week: U.S. Backers should expect their rewards delivered Feb 9
- 2 Weeks: International Backers should expect their rewards delivered Feb 16
It means a lot to me that you have taken the time to read through my campaign. Thank you for your support and your willingness to consider being part of the adventure!
If you'd like to make Rancidville: A Sour Beginning a part of your library please select one of the great reward tiers and click the green "BACK THIS PROJECT" button.
John Edingfield II
Risks and challenges
As a Kickstarter backer of over 103 projects, I know what it means to ask you for your support. I recognize that one of the biggest risks to a comic project is the production itself. Fortunately, all the work on the book is complete and files are ready for the printer when the campaign is successful.
Delays in printing and shipping of the comic could happen. However, my printer has worked with a number of other comic campaigns in the past and ensures a quality book production, and on-time fulfillment.
This is my very first Kickstarter Campaign, and although new to the process I have spent the last 9 months researching, investing in the ComixLaunch Course (which is the most comprehensive Kickstarter course) on how to run a successful Kickstarter and surrounding myself with knowledgeable people.
I hope you'll give me the opportunity to make you a Rancidville fan for life!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)