After hitting 4.5X my funding goal in 1 week, I've added the following stretch goals:
- A$15,000 - Extra Advance Skill in dealing with Real-time application. AirBnb clone will have the real-time chat system so guess can communicate with host in real-time.
- A$20,000 - Extra Advance Skill with Graph. AirBnb clone will have graph in the dashboard showing different info in different formats: Geo map, Percentage chart, bar chart.
- A$30,000 - Extra function: Identity verification with SMS (confirm phone number) PLUS $25 credit from Plivo for FREE.
- A$40,000 - Extra section covering MixPanel to track relevant events. This will give you actionable insights that tie back your business goals: Engagement, Retention, Funnel Analysis, People Analytics...
- A$50,000 - For ALL $42 and above backers, pick any 1 of my future paid courses for FREE (There will be AngularJS 2 and NodeJS courses coming this year. And as Code4Startup's tradition, we're going to clone a Real life Startup :D )
What we want to build
Together, we will build AirBnb clone with Ruby on Rails, Bootstrap, jQuery. Our application will have most of basic functions like:
- Room Searching
- Room Creating
- Facebook Authentication
- Calendar Checking
- Transactional Emails
- Room Photos Uploader
- Private Message System
- Reviews System
- PayPal Integration
Here is what our app look like
Who is this for?
- Anyone who wants to learn to code: Ruby on Rails is a fantastic framework to learn how to code with, and it enables you to make production-quality web apps using only free sources.
- Anyone who has cool idea for a Startup app: This will be a full course starting from an empty folder to a great app for market place. It will teach you how transform your ideas into a real app so it can even be monetised.
- My ex-girlfriend (newbies). She was a real estate agent and wanted to have a property management platform for subscription business model. She didn’t make it as we broke up… you know. Now she has a chance to do it herself :)
Who am I?
My name is Leo Trieu I’m 31 and father to a 1-year-old boy.
From 9am - 5pm, I work for a Tech company in Melbourne, Australia as a software developer. But when the sun goes down, I work as the solo Founder of Code4Startup.com from 9pm - 2am (sometimes later).
I bootstrapped Code4Startup as my first journey with a dream of educating MILLIONS people from around the world. Code4Startup is not just about learning how to code, it's also about inspiring people to create something meaningful, something they are excited about.
My aim is to make things easy for anyone to go from novice to expert web app developer in as short a time as possible. By making coding fun and simple, I hope to get my students’ dream about their career or journeys become true.
My other successful courses
- You don’t need to learn everything about HTML, CSS, jQuery or Ruby on Rails to just create an ideal web app.
- In my methodology that I called POA (Product Oriented Approach), you just need to learn what you need. Doing this way, it won’t make you a super star developer but will get you something REAL quickly and efficiently, especially for Entrepreneurs & Founders.
- In this course, I will introduce “Coffee sessions” which are short lessons teaching you minimum basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, jQuery and Ruby on Rails so you will be able to catch up things quickly without any issues.
What are students saying about my courses?
Behind the scenes: do MORE with LESS
Just wanted to share with you all my "Studio" where I've been making thousands of dollars. Some parts of it are my son's toys :D
"Anyone can learn how to code, create a startup & F**KING rule this world". Don't be afraid of failure!!!
Lao Tzu - "A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step" => This is what I keep telling myself every morning when I wake up.
Risks and challenges
Creating course content, recording, and editing videos is time consuming but the risks here are low. I've been doing this for courses at Code4Startup so I understand the potential challenges as well as the time commitment. I have set a deadline for the project to be completed, and everyone will stay updated as we go!
I'm so excited to get started. I love teaching passionate people, giving valuable advice, especially for ones who want to start a journey.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)