HighLight Chandelier Bulb Changer
HighLight Chandelier Bulb Changer
20% OFF for Early Adopters of HighLight Chandelier Bulb Changer, the extendable pole that easily grabs bulbs from high places.
20% OFF for Early Adopters of HighLight Chandelier Bulb Changer, the extendable pole that easily grabs bulbs from high places. Read more
There are an estimated 10-20 MILLION CHANDELIERS hanging in American homes, all of which are out of reach. Each chandelier has at least 5 bulbs, all of which will burn out. That's 50-100 MILLION BULB CHANGES that will be made over time.
Until now, there's only one way to do the task -- GET UP ON A LADDER!
HighLight™ is an innovatively designed bulb grabber that allows safe removal of an enormous variety of hard to reach bulbs. It uses strips of sticky silicon rubber to grab almost any bulb that will fit into it. And the spindle extension is a nylon screw that is standard for a zillion things including, paint rollers and dusters, so you can use your HighLight™ for dozens of other jobs too!
- Target a huge, untapped market (c. 50-100 million bulb changes)
- Much safer experience for the homeowner. No More Ladders!
- Ergonomic Feel
- Solid Engineering
- Intuitive Functionality
- Competitive Price Point
- Highlight™ features an innovatively designed bulb Grabber™ that uses a unique cathedral shape and strips of sticky silicon rubber to grab almost any bulb that will fit into it.
- HBC™ can be readily used with every other existing bulb changing technology which allows the safe removal of an enormous amount of bulbs.
- Can be easily reversed to grab upwards for many other bulbs.
- HighLight™ Transverse Drive Assembly™ is the elegant answer to the problem of up pointing bulbs.
- The Drive Assembly provides more than enough torque and stability for most removals and replacements.
- HighLight™ In-Shaft Drive™ enables the turning of the grabber and bulb without turning the pole.
- This allows the user to keep both hands on the HighLight™ Bulb Changer and assures more stability, control, and safety
- HighLight™ three part pole easily disassembles for storage and portability.
- HighLight™ Drive Spindle extends slightly beyond the drive head housing.
- The drive spindle bulb changing format (suction cup, basket, paint roller, etc.)
- It provides a simple basis for almost any turning job, such as dusting, driving screws, or larger spotlight adapters.
How does the HighLight Bulb Changer work? How strong it is?
The Grabber of the HBC is not a suction cup. It works by a combination of the low durometer, high factor of friction, of the silicon rubber strips inside the Grabber and the cathedral shape of the inside of the Grabber, which work together to press onto the bulb, holding it firmly. Should the bulb slip out of the Grabber it will be caught by the Catching Skirt at the opening of the Grabber.
Is HBC safe to use?
Safety and convenience have been our priorities from the beginning. The device itself is quite benign to use and makes the bulb changing process a lot safer than it is now.
Is there any danger of electrocution when using it?
With the exception of a couple of fasteners, the entire HBC is made of plastic and does not conduct electricity.
What types of bulbs can HBC change?
Almost any shape of bulb, including the new curly ones, that will fit up inside the Grabber past the catching skirt can be successfully manipulated. We did not set out to make a universal changer, but the design is incredibly adaptive.
How high can HBC reach?
The device itself is 6’ 3” long, so a 6’ person reaching upward with the HBC could change downward facing bulbs as high as about 14 feet. A few inches less for a chandelier.
Can HBC be used at offices, schools, homes etc?
Absolutely. Anywhere there are light bulbs up in the air.
Aside from burned out bulbs can HBC also remove broken bulbs from a socket?
It depends on the shape of what is left. If there is enough to grab, then yes. It is a case by case issue.
How sturdy is the pole?
The pole is made of the same unbelievably sturdy PVC that high end outdoor furniture is made of and as such is truly strong and durable.
Can we attach other tools to the spindle? Does the attachment require a specific size?
The spindle extension is a nylon screw that is standard for a zillion things including, paint rollers, dusters, bulb changing baskets and suckers, etc. Anything with the standard thread fits beautifully.
Are they sold in any retail stores?
Not yet. We are still trying to get to manufacturing. We expect to be in many retail stores shortly after launch.
What awards has the product won?
We have not submitted our design or prototype for any awards.
Is the product patented?
Risks and challenges
Honestly speaking, I believe that my team and I have already overcome the most lethal of things that can go wrong, when we were forced to completely redesign our product from ground up, if you will, and not only did we do that, we made lemonade and a much cooler and better designed product. That says everything about my crew. Obviously there could be further set backs that we have not foreseen, but I will say that we have tried to minimized those possibilities by making things ever more simple, ever more simple. Plus I know for a fact that my team can overcome adversities of considerable import as I have seen them do just that.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (37 days)