Exchanges is Funded!
Thank you everybody for backing this project! I can't thank you enough for making my first book a success! With a week left in the project, I've introduced a Stretch Goal!
Stretch Goal: $20,000 - ACHIEVED!
Because the stretch goal has been made, everybody who's pledged for a Orientation book will get one along with the Exchanges book! Orientations is the first Skin Deep story, and you can read the entire thing online if you click here! It's about a girl in Missouri who discovers that she is the last known Sphinx and has to come to terms with her entire life being tossed upside-down while also dodging demons and undead sasquatches. It's softcover, 6"x9", 160 pages, and full color! Neat!
Every pledge level above $100 will automatically get a copy of Orientations thrown in! Any other pledge from Queen Anne's Books and above (all lower pledges don't include any physical books) will get Orientations if an extra $20 is added to the pledge. You can change the amount you've pledged by selecting "Manage Your Pledge" and adjusting it from there.
In addition, if you are getting an Orientations book AND you have a reward tier that includes a signed copy of Exchanges, you ALSO get a signed copy of Orientations at no extra cost!
EDIT: Hardcover Orientations books are now available! If you'd like a hardcover version of the book, please add $80 to your pledge! If you are already getting a hardcover version of Exchanges (Greensleeves and above tiers) please add $60!
If you are an international backer, please continue to add $10 to your pledge for shipping! So if you pledged the Queen Anne's Books level and wanted a softcover copy of Orientations, your total pledge would be $50 ($40 plus $10).
Make sense? I hope so! If not, please feel free to message me and ask any questions you'd like!
In Skin Deep, mythical creatures are real, but live hidden from human society thanks to magical medallions that make the wearer look human. Some mythical creatures have been hiding as humans for so long they have forgotten that they were anything but human in the first place.
Exchanges is about a hidden town in Liverpool, England, and the creatures that live there. It follows Anthony, a teenage boy who is surprised to learn that his best friend Blanche is actually a White Stag. In Blanche’s enthusiasm to share his world with his friend, he introduces Anthony to the Liverpool Avalon, a secret city hidden in a warehouse full of mythical creatures. The story follows them and other characters as they meander around the town, meeting with and talking to a variety of people as they go.
Skin Deep is a webcomic that's been published online since 2006, and Exchanges, as well as several other stories, can be read at www.skindeepcomic.com.
The book collects all three chapters (115 pages) of the Exchanges storyline, plus extra content not available on the web including a map, 5 pages of notes, a 30-page character guide, and 8 pages of sketches!
Skin Deep has only been available via print through Print-on-Demand services, and this will be the first ever offset print-run of the comic!
What I Will Use the $16,500 For:
- $6,000 goes towards the actual printing of the book. Whee!
- $2,000 goes to shipping the books to my house. Dang!
- $2,000 goes to shipping the books to you! Whoo hoo!
- $5,000 will go towards taxes. Fun!
- $1,500 will go towards the Amazon and Kickstarter fees. Oh joy!
- Any extra will go to all the other little expenses like getting stickers printed and paying my editor and etc etc etc.
When Will This all Be Ready?
The book is completely finished and just waiting for some proofreading and final edits. As soon as the project is funded and I have the money I will send it to the printer, and the turnaround time is such that I will get the books sometime in January, barring any catastrophes.
- Sfé Monster, for not only contributing the characters of Anthony Gillis, Blanche Noir, Rupert Burton-Fitzgerald, Royce Carmikal, and Phoenix, but for proof-reading the script, helping me with ideas, and being a rad supportive friend. Make sure to read eir comic, Kyle and Atticus!
- Rachel Edidin, for professionally proof-reading the comic and making sure the printed version isn't littered with typos and grammatical errors.
- George Rohac, for helping me put this Kickstarter together and helping me find a printer.
- Sheana Molloy, for contributing a bunch of great characters like Alec Hyde, Ike Sanford, Sam Hain, and David Pierce.
- Ben Francka, my lovely husband, who has not only been supportive from the start, but also helped me layout the cover of the book.
- Kate Bingaman-Burt and the rest of my family, for being my super great, inspirational, and all around the best.
- (30 days)