Rooti CliMate @MEDIA
TechCrunch - "CliMate Is The Cutest Bluetooth-Enabled Environment Tracker Ever"GIGAZINE - "湿度・紫外線・気温を24時間測定して天気をスマホに通知するデバイス「CliMate」"
mobiFlip - "CliMate – die mobile Wetterstation"
GIZMODO - "Esta nuvem fofa monitora o ambiente e te dá informações sobre o clima"
Feber - "CliMate - en söt liten väderstation. Mäter temperatur, luftfuktighet och UV-strålning"
TechOrange - "「迷你氣象台」從每個小小環境焠鍊出大數據"
psfk - "Environment Tracker Turns Your Phone Into A Personal Weather Station"
iPhon.fr - "CliMate : un petit tracker connecté à l'iPhone pour surveiller l'environnement"
Geeky Gadgets - "If you are interested in tracking the weather with you your personal environment you might be interested in the new Bluetooth environment tracker called the CliMate."
Connected-Objects.fr - "CliMate, la station météo miniature à emporter partout"
Think-About - "CliMate – przyjazny czujnik klimatu"
TECHABLE - "温度や湿度、紫外線を測定・スマホ表示する“かわいい”ガジェット「CliMate」"
It’s a jungle out there. Change is constant and nothing more so than the weather. Skies open up and cloud over within a matter of minutes, rain falls, heat rises, and sun rays flare bright, often within the course of a few minutes.
It’s common knowledge that we live in a world with an increasingly volatile global climate. It impacts both the environment we live in and our well-being.
Excessive humidity, UV and temperature (HUT) damage goes way beyond the skin-deep. It negatively affects your health through illness and allergies, your mood and often times even your work performance and personal life.
Weather stations perform an important function in alerting us to the real-time weather of our general location. However, while they’re up in the air, you’re down on the ground, so to speak. They’re usually located far away from your actual physical location, cover large swathes of land and cannot see into your world directly.
You need someone with you, someone or something mobile that can go everywhere with you and faithfully measure the real weather you’re exposed to and then help you to pro-actively manage or avoid it.
A portable device that unobtrusively collects your personal environmental data 24/7 and smartly customizes this into a complete digital solution that provides answers to the constant change of your day-to-day environment with the touch of a button. Just for you.
OUR DREAM DEVICE
We wanted to design a compact tracker, a portable eye, a lightweight sensor of some kind, whatever you want to call it, that could:
1) measure the true HUT* of your immediate environment, then
2) wirelessly sync this info to our app on your iOS/Android device, and finally
3) help assimilate a massive cloud user database with maps over time.
It had to be effortless, unobtrusive and provide pin-point accuracy.
(*HUT stands for Humidity, UV Index and Temperature. It’s important.)
Many companies have tried to do this before, and you might‘ve seen some of them on Kickstarter. We won’t name names. While we were inspired by their efforts, we feel that none of them managed to create our dream device and the domestic and environmental nirvana that should accompany it.
In a nutshell, none of these devices measure true HUT (Humidity/UV/Temperature) or provide a holistic plan of action against it.
Most of them only measure one of the HUT elements. A few devices measure all three, but no-one does it accurately enough. They either integrate the tracking sensors into the smart device or force it to be worn on the body. In both instances data is compromised by emitted body and device heat. This often throws the sensors way off, resulting in predictably incorrect readings.
So in our minds, the challenge was still out there. We got to work on a more reliable device that would eliminate this heat and smoothly deliver true HUT data to us.
And we did it.
WE ARE PROUD TO PRESENT:
The Rooti CliMate
The CliMate is a revolutionary app-cessory ( app+accessory, yes, it sounds a bit silly) that accurately tracks the humidity, UV rays and temperature of your immediate environment, wherever you are.
It’s wireless, wearable, lightweight, tiny and very smart. It seamlessly syncs exact HUT information via Bluetooth back to our intuitive App on your iOS or Android device every 15 minutes. It also tags the location and time of collection and under normal usage, a single coin cell battery lasts up to 6 months. So no recharging is necessary.
Our iOS/Android app is simple and beautiful. It syncs with the CliMate over Bluetooth and uploads the readings to a growing cloud database that visually and statistically show you which areas in your environment have hazardous weather.
The app is easy to set up, highly intuitive and interactive in a fun way. It continuously provides you with essential weather alerts and tips.
WHAT MAKES OUR APP GREAT?
1. Planted evidence. We’ve designed our app so that it crunches all the most important data into a simple image that everyone will instinctively understand. A plant. This plant symbolizes you in relation to your surrounding climate. When you’re protected, the plant flourishes. When you’re exposed, it withers away.
2. Multiple-device hub. The app allows for multiple CliMates to be monitored. For example, you could keep a CliMate in the baby’s room, one in the vault or wine cabinet, and one on your bag. You can create your own label for each device and keep track of them simultaneously.
3. A history of HUT. The app parses all your data into daily, weekly and monthly charts with simple averages. This way you can gain visual insights into the long-term ramifications of your actual environment.
4. Red Alert. Based on your pre-entered information and the readings it receives, the app takes into consideration factors such as your skin tone and SPF sun cream in order to alert you to when it’s time to reapply actual sun protection. And avoid that red lobster look.
5. Pro-active Weather Tips and Warnings. Finally, the app analyzes all the user-generated cloud data and pro-actively warns you about harmful conditions. Forewarned is forearmed.
6. Share a snapshot of your local HUT. Choose a fun skin, take a picture and share with friends!
OTHER COOL STUFF
- WeatherBook: Each piece of user data sent via the CliMate app to our cloud server adds a piece to a massive P2P interactive map. Be part of the first crowdsourced real-time weather map.
- Remote camera trigger: It sees all and helps you to control your phone’s camera from a distance.
- Find your phone: In a pinch? Locate that pesky smartphone with the touch of a button.
WHO SHOULD BEFRIEND THE CliMate?
The CliMate provides a plethora of benefits to anyone who cares about the toll their environment exacts on them. Specifically though, it provides essential climate control for:
The outdoors types
- Sun worshippers
- Sun dodgers
- Beauty-conscious individuals that care about their skin
- Parents with young children
- Sporty types who spend long hours in the sun
- Green thumbs who need to monitor their gardens
The indoors types
- Couch potatoes who want to stay cool and comfortable in front of the TV.
- Parents with young ones who need to establish a safe indoors environment.
- Kings and queens of their castles constantly staving off mold and pest infestations.
- Collectors of wine, art, books and stamps that need to be preserved at certain levels.
- Persons with electronics such as cameras and computers susceptible to humidity.
- Operating Ambient Temperature: -4°F to 149°F (-20°C ~ 65°C)
- A single coin cell battery lasts up to 6 months under normal usage (Easily open the back cover to replace the battery by finger)
- Communication: Bluetooth 4.0
- iOS 6 or newer
- iPhone 4S or newer
- iPod touch 5th Generation or newer
- iPad 3 or newer (include iPad mini)
- Any Android 4.3 (or newer) device with Bluetooth 4.0
WHO ARE WE?
Hi, we're Rooti, formerly known as Phyode.
We're based in the US and Taiwan, and we love bringing cool gadgets to life that enrich people’s lives in practical ways.
At Rooti, we believe that digital products should augment your balanced lifestyle. Our team members are all veterans of the consumer electronics industry and all of us possess a strong, proven track record in design and manufacturing, after working closely with industry giants such as Foxconn over the last decade. We have first-rate experience in transforming great ideas into even greater high-quality mobile products and are very excited to embark on this new journey.
Our previous Kickstarter project Phyode W/Me was successfully funded in July 2013 and delivered on time at the end of August 2013.
(W/Me is a Bluetooth enabled rhythmic breathing coach that can also measure your autonomic nervous system. W/ME, Get to know your inner-self. )
Risks and challenges
Though our preceding introduction might seem lighthearted at times, we are certainly anything but. We take our work very seriously and have done our due diligence to minimize the engineering and manufacturing risks. We’ve already completed our prototype and engineering builds. All our assembly fixtures have been tested and verified. We have secured our supply chain and we are now ready to roll out mass production. With a little help from our friends here at Kickstarter!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)