About this project
WHAT IS THE #LIVEFREE BACKPACK?
We wanted to try and create the perfect 24/7 bag, and so we are excited to introduce the #LiveFree Backpack exclusively to Kickstarter.
Smart enough for meetings, durable enough to take away on weekends and packed with cutting-edge technology. The #LiveFree Backpack is the ultimate companion for work, travel and play.
We’ve included inductive wireless charging and location tracking to solve some of our biggest pain points, combined with hard-wearing, water-repellent British fabric, device protection and unique organisation. The #LiveFree Backpack has just the right amount of internal compartments, ensuring your belongings stay safe, dry and organised no matter where you go.
For 12 years, KNOMO’s mission has been to create beautiful, intelligent, accessories that allow people to get life organised and live free.
WHY IS THIS THE ONLY BAG YOU WILL EVER NEED?
Our continual focus has been to create indispensable accessories that balance style and function. The #LiveFree Backpack is a culmination of our focus on the digital nomad lifestyle, and the thousands of reviews and comments we have received from customers on the move.
With headquarters in London (UK) KNOMO has local distribution centres in the USA, Hong Kong and the UK.
DROPGO WIRELESS IN-BAG CHARGING
Introducing KNOMO DropGo. Our unique patent-pending wireless charging system is the easiest, and most efficient way to charge your phone on the go.
We’ve designed one of the side pockets to perfectly fit our Qi-certified DropGo wireless charging powerbank. Next time you’re running low on power, forget fumbling with cables, press the power button, drop your phone in and go. Suitable for iPhone and Samsung models alike, the integrated device guide directs and holds your smartphone in place.
UPDATE: The current DropGo model does not cater for 'Plus' size devices (i.e. iPhone 7 Plus).
UPDATE: Our partner has confirmed that the DropGo will fit and work with the Samsung S8 device.
When you’re on the move, your bag becomes your most valued possession. With the #LiveFree Backpack you’ll never worry about losing your belongings again.
We’ve partnered with Chipolo, the world’s loudest Bluetooth tracker, to create a free, customised tracking app that connects with the tracker disc inside your backpack. Partner your Chipolo disc with the app, so if you’ve lost your bag nearby, you can ring it to emit a loud sound or simply look on the in-app map.
You can also take advantage of the Chipolo community and have your tracker talk to other nearby users and automatically notify you of the last known location of your bag.
STRETCH GOAL HIT!
We’re very happy to have received so much support for our additional colour options. The new #LiveFree Backpack colour is Navy / Tan / Green!
Thanks to all our awesome backers, our Stretch Goal of £80,000 ($102,000) has been met and we can unlock this new colour!
WHAT THE PRESS ARE SAYING:
WATER REPELLENT FABRIC
Most backpacks are simply not designed to cope with everyday use.
We wanted the #LiveFree Backpack to stand up to the worst weather conditions, so we’ve collaborated with British Millerain: creators of the original water-repellent waxed canvas used in ship sails since 1893.
Our fabric 'Chera 12oz' is a British-made, heavy-duty cotton canvas that undergoes a bespoke waxing process to repel driving rain. With tried and tested protection like this, your belongings will always remain dry inside the #LiveFree Backpack.
The average person spends ten minutes a day searching for lost items, we believe this time could be much better spent doing the things you love. At KNOMO, we design products that help you get life organised so you can live free.
In keeping with KNOMO DNA, the #LiveFree Backpack has the perfect number of organisational pockets and zip compartments for packing and protecting your belongings.
#LIVEFREE BACKPACK EXTRA FEATURES
- 15.6” laptop compartment: Keep your laptop separate from the main body of the bag, so it's safe and easy to access, especially at airport security. The laptop compartment is packed with springy EVA foam, with an extra layer of padded spacer mesh, to protect your device from bumps and scratches. This compartment also incorporates a secondary padded slip pocket, designed to hold a 10" tablet or e-reader.
- Cable management: Specially designed elastic straps are built into the main compartment to keep cables tidy and tangle free. There are also two additional mesh zip pockets found on the main flap and front organiser panel, perfect for storing headphones or loose cables.
- Padded shoulder straps: Ergonomically designed with a refined style to look after your back and shoulders. Constructed from hard-wearing, herringbone weave nylon and filled with springy EVA foam, the shoulder straps are comfortable without looking bulky, and are perfectly placed to distribute weight evenly.
- Quick release buckles: We created custom-made quick release buckles, intuitively designed to adjust to your frame.
- Secure fast closure G-clips: Bespoke G-shaped hardware keeps the main flap closed tight. Held in place through the leather loops, the hooks can be easily released for quick access to the main compartment.
- Side pockets: One side pocket is designed to perfectly fit the DropGo charging system, and the other side pocket to attach your keys and carry a 500ml water bottle.
- Air-flow back panel: A two-part system to provide the most comfortable wear and allow a constant flow of air between the #LiveFree Backpack and your body.
- Ergonomic grab handle: Bespoke KNOMO design that’s been refined over time to give the most comfortable grip possible, crafted from a single piece of vegetable tan leather.
- Pocket with RFID blocking: Essential for storing contactless bank cards and passports so that you won't have to worry about identity theft.
- Dimensions: Height: 410mm, Width: 330mm, Depth: 210mm
- Capacity: 19.5 litres
- Weight: 1.36kg
- Materials: Waxed cotton canvas with vegetable tan leather accents.
SHARE THE #LIVEFREE BACKPACK
Ultimate Pack for Samsung
Ultimate Pack for iPhone
We've spent 12 months developing the #LiveFree Backpack to ensure perfect functionality, from our bespoke pullers, to our custom closure hooks and design detailing. The product has been tested and refined extensively to meet our strict standards, and most importantly your needs. Find out more about our quality control on our FAQs page.
ALL ABOUT KNOMO
Since 2004, we’ve been helping people like us take control of their day and get ‘Life Organised’ with accessories so intuitive, you can’t get through your day without them.
Our team of 40 digital nomads are based all over the world, working from 15 locations and seven different countries, testing our products in real time. We really know how to navigate the remote working lifestyle.
Join the KNOMO revolution, get life organised and #LiveFree.
Howard Harrison: Founder
After spending eight years in law and finance Howard became disillusioned with the corporate rat race, leaving it all behind to found KNOMO in 2004. When a fellow traveller mistook Howard’s boring company-issued laptop bag for his own and made off with it on a business trip, it sparked his desire to shake up the industry and create intelligent accessories that perfectly fuse function and fashion.
Tim FitzGerald: Designer
Tim is an award-winning product designer whose work has covered a wide spectrum of product sectors including FMCG, fine jewellery, soft goods and apparel. He’s been a part of the KNOMO team for two and half years.
Caroline Mackay: Brand & Communications Director
Caroline joined KNOMO in 2005 as the first employee and oversees branding and communications for the business, globally. Over the past 12 years, she has worked to develop KNOMO’s #LiveFree ethos while focusing the business on digital nomads’ lifestyle needs.
We’re a growing brand and we’ve always been proud of using customer feedback to refine our designs, some of which have undergone 30 iterations in pursuit of the perfect bag. Learning about our customers’ lifestyles drives us to create the best products possible.
We have the classic Kickstarter DNA, we recognise a need, a problem, and we set out to solve it. We’re excited to learn from the Kickstarter community and give our backers an insight into our product development like never before.
Join us for the ride and #LiveFree.
Thanks for your support!
Risks and challenges
As a 12-year-old company, we have a lot of experience in design and manufacturing, and have trusted partners to help us deliver the #LiveFree backpack. With any physical item, there are challenges to getting it right and there are always possibilities of delays - sometimes due to factors outside of anyone’s control. However, we are confident that we are working with the best people to deliver the best product to you and on time.
The #LiveFree backpack is nearly ready, and we’re ready to start production. We can’t wait to get the #LiveFree backpack to you and on your backs!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (32 days)