Do you like 8-bit graphics? Jokes? Mudkipz? Then you'll ♥ Pixel Monsters.
Pixel Monsters is a comic-y book that needs your help getting published. The book contains monsters, rhymes, and corny things, with an aesthetic that references an old-school vidjagame [being played through illegal means on a PC via emulator]. One could call it an index of monstérs. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's not, sometimes it's clever, sometimes it's cute, and sometimes it's just awful.
- There is a "create your own monster" section where readers can exercise their own creativity. Additionally, the section will feature YOUR as well as your fellow backers' monsters! Use this optional template and start creating! See $2 reward for more details.
- ♪ The book encourages readers to make up their own melodies as they read, or rather, sing ♪
- The book aims to give filthy scrub noobs a familiarity with some basic file extensions such as .png and .txt, and other computer stuff, like how electronic mail really works by way of 8-bit sky whales.
By supporting Pixel Monsters with your pledges, backers receive the following rewards!:
+ your name in the "Pixel Friends" thank-you section of the book!
+ previous reward. Use this optional template.
Colorful commission on paper [or on recyclables I find around the house], digital sketch, or MS paint pixel art + a poem to go along with your drawing. Real-life drawings can be sent through the mail, but digital commissions are of higher quality. + Previous rewards
Stuffed with personalized messages and doodles + a one-of-a-kind letter addressed to the person[s] of your choosing. + Previous rewards
*See the sidebar to the right and FAQ for full reward details*
All funds will go towards small-scale publishing and reward fulfillment. Extra funds [as if this will happen >.>] will go to bonus content such as a Pixel Monster's app/ flash website, or a proper ♪ukulele karaoke video♪, a free ♪beat tape♪, or an encyclopedia, or maybe other stuff!
- If you're a backer, comment andlet me know which monsters/ pages you particularly like [take a look below].If a new monster is created from your feedback, I'll give you a special shout-out in the monster entry.
- If you're a non-backer cheapskate, just PM me. [These will help direct my creative efforts.]
- If you spot any glaring errors, let me know and I'll give you a small token of appreciation [Even if you're a non-backer!].
- I will be updating with more pages up until the project deadline. Thank you for reading. Please spread the word, share this project and enjoy your fill of pixelly goodness below.
To get a feel for the book, read the pages below, or visit monsterpixels.tumblr.com.
Just about everyone can draw. Don't be scared. I mean, c'mon, this entire book was made in MS Paint for glob's sake. Just try to have fun drawing and play around like kids do. If you can use the internet, you can surely draw.
If it's real bad, then it will probably be hilarious as well as be the most radiant gem in the entire book, shining so brightly that it alone will make Pixel Monsters the best project ever in all of Kickstarter-dom forreal.
Then just draw, and I'll write for you. Although, It's actually fun to make up rhymes and write, so I really would rather you give it a try. I'm not very good at it, but I still manage to have a good time while trying. You should do it, have a good time.
You'll have to pledge the ridiculously high $1 amount and find out when you download your copy. Just know that none of these 'special' files will be exactly the same. They will all have personal touches just for you.
When I place your monster in the book, you will be clearly credited next to your creations. You can choose to include or exclude any of the following: name, alias, website, fine printed personal message [written by you]. [You MAY NOT exclude my message of thanks, how dare you.]
You will receive a drawing on paper, a digital sketch, or MS paint pixel art, and a poem to go along with your drawing. Both will be placed in the book as 'Pixel Friends' and entries. Real-life drawings can be sent through the mail, but digital commissions are of higher quality, are preferred, and recommended. Sending a photo of yourself and/or of your desired persons is optional, but it's preferred. It makes it easier to draw. If you'd rather not, just describe yourself and/or the persons to me or just tell me what you'd like for me to draw instead. Like a goose armed with laser beams dirtily low riding in an anachronistic Flintstones car. But who would want a goose. Silly gooth.
If you hack/trojan me... unforgivable.
Support this project
- (13 days)