Do you like 8-bit graphics? Jokes? Mudkipz? Then you'll ♥ Pixel Monsters.
Pixel Monsters is a comic-y book that needs your help getting published. The book contains monsters, rhymes, and corny things, with an aesthetic that references an old-school vidjagame [being played through illegal means on a PC via emulator]. One could call it an index of monstérs. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's not, sometimes it's clever, sometimes it's cute, and sometimes it's just awful.
- There is a "create your own monster" section where readers can exercise their own creativity. Additionally, the section will feature YOUR as well as your fellow backers' monsters! Use this optional template and start creating! See $2 reward for more details.
- ♪ The book encourages readers to make up their own melodies as they read, or rather, sing ♪
- The book aims to give filthy scrub noobs a familiarity with some basic file extensions such as .png and .txt, and other computer stuff, like how electronic mail really works by way of 8-bit sky whales.
By supporting Pixel Monsters with your pledges, backers receive the following rewards!:
+ your name in the "Pixel Friends" thank-you section of the book!
+ previous reward. Use this optional template.
Colorful commission on paper [or on recyclables I find around the house], digital sketch, or MS paint pixel art + a poem to go along with your drawing. Real-life drawings can be sent through the mail, but digital commissions are of higher quality. + Previous rewards
Stuffed with personalized messages and doodles + a one-of-a-kind letter addressed to the person[s] of your choosing. + Previous rewards
*See the sidebar to the right and FAQ for full reward details*
All funds will go towards small-scale publishing and reward fulfillment. Extra funds [as if this will happen >.>] will go to bonus content such as a Pixel Monster's app/ flash website, or a proper ♪ukulele karaoke video♪, a free ♪beat tape♪, or an encyclopedia, or maybe other stuff!
- If you're a backer, comment andlet me know which monsters/ pages you particularly like [take a look below].If a new monster is created from your feedback, I'll give you a special shout-out in the monster entry.
- If you're a non-backer cheapskate, just PM me. [These will help direct my creative efforts.]
- If you spot any glaring errors, let me know and I'll give you a small token of appreciation [Even if you're a non-backer!].
- I will be updating with more pages up until the project deadline. Thank you for reading. Please spread the word, share this project and enjoy your fill of pixelly goodness below.
To get a feel for the book, read the pages below, or visit monsterpixels.tumblr.com.
Support this project
- (13 days)