About this project
THANKS FOR BRINGING TINITELL TO THE WORLD!! GET YOUR TINITELL TODAY AT WWW.TINITELL.COM!
Tinitell works in every country in the world! (except N. Korea, S. Korea and Japan). Check out our FAQ for more information about subscription offers from network service providers.
AS SEEN ON:
Features And Functions
HOW DOES TINITELL WORK?
Tinitell is a Scandinavian designed and engineered mobile phone and we have intentionally stripped it down to feature only the most basic functions. Our philosophy: It should perform well and look cool — without being too pricey.
Managing Your Tinitell
Once you receive your Tinitell, insert a voice-ready SIM card of your choice (check out our FAQ for subscription options). If you have a smartphone, you can download our app (iOS / Android) for easier management. You can also manage your Tinitell from our website.
Your Tinitell is equipped with voice recognition software. To make a call you just push the button on your Tinitell, say the name you want to call - and the call is placed!
You save the contact list for your Tinitell on our app or website, which gives you full control of all the numbers your Tinitell can call. You can also monitor what calls are being made through the app or via the web.
If you don't want to talk with your Tinitell and use speech recognition, you can use the volume buttons to scroll through your Tinitell's contact list (Tinitell will play the recorded names accordingly). When you've reached the number you want to call, for instance "Mom" or "Dad", you just push the button and the call is placed.
Tinitell can receive calls from any telephone number, simply press the button to answer incoming calls.
It is easy to administer the telephone numbers that can call your Tinitell. You can limit incoming calls to a pre-defined set of telephone numbers from our app or website. You can also assign numbers that will be answered automatically by Tinitell, without the user having to answer with a button-push.
In short, the app and web dashboard give you full control — and piece of mind. Finally your kids can be outside exploring as kids should be.
It’s easy to position Tinitell from the app or website. Simply select which Tinitell you want to position, and see where it is on the map! Only the Tinitell administrator can position a specific Tinitell, but you can enable administrator access to others (for instance to neighbours or babysitters) if you want to.
OUR BACK STORY
Why are we turning to the good folks of Kickstarter to help us make this product come to life? Obviously we love technology and design, but being Scandinavians, we have this great love for the outdoors as well. Just look at how Amy digs into life when she is outside.
When possible, we want our kids to go outside and play. That's why we designed an affordable and durable product for a market that would otherwise only offer the same functionality in bulky or uncomfortable casing. Tinitell is wearable and enables play like no others!
... and we thought: Are we the only ones longing for a product like this? Maybe the Kickstarter community is as passionate as us and maybe even they want to put the Tinitell into production?
Please note: All rewards are subject to local VAT and import tariffs if shipped outside of the US.
EXPAND YOUR BOUNDARIES: OPEN SDK
We want to get Tinitell in the hands of developers earlier than anyone else because we want make the final consumer version of Tinitell even better than it currently is. You'll get Tinitell's SDK if you want to re-program Tinitell, and make it awesome your way! Check out the rewards geared to you tech savvy artists.
To get a closer look at our development process check out this short video!
- GSM Module 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, GPRS
- GPS / Glonass
- Digital Signal Processor
- Flash Memory
- LED Lights in the hard plastic ring
- Speaker and Microphone
Here is a sneak peak at the platform we intend to use for Tinitell, the Sigma Connectivity 2G platform. Using their platform will give us a heads start even though modifications are needed for the final product. The PCB is red because we still haven't gone to mass-production!
- Volume Buttons (+ / -)
- On / Off Button
- Audio: Speaker & Microphone
- SIM card hatch below battery
- Micro USB charger and flash port
- LED lights in the hard plastic ring
- Water Resistant
- Talk-time: 60 minutes
- Standby time: 7 days
- Charging time: less than an hour
- Charging type: micro-USB
- Tinitells apps are compatible with iOS and Android, and you can also use our website to manage Tinitell's contacts or position Tinitell.
- Voice Recognition
- GPS / Glonass positioning is integrated with Tinitells app
- A variety of ring tones!
- Unlocked SIM card capability – works with any SIM card in the world!
- Check out our FAQ for more information about subscriptions offers from network service providers.
Are You A Developer?
Tinitell is based on an open SDK. It will be easy to download our developer’s kit from our website! Imagine all of the possibilities with Tinitell:
- Forwarding calls from your smartphone to your Tinitell
- Conference Calls for those really intense paintball games
- Connecting Tinitell to bluetooth headphones or other devices
- Streaming music via the cellular network
- Tracking movement with an accelerometer and GPS
- Make Tinitell your perfect walkie-talkie
- Let your imagination take you away!
ABOUT MATS & THE TEAM
AWARDS & TESTIMONIALS
"Best addition to the field I’ve seen so far. Nice work.” - Richard Feigin, Founder Creative Mornings
“My daughter is going to love it." Jeff Brecker, Managing Director RGA
Tinitell has been lauded as Sweden's most promising tech start-up in 2013, and the project is supported by Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm.
We have also been granted funding by Vinnova for being one of the most innovative companies of year. We have invented and patented a new way for multiple devices to communicate in sync with each other.
GENESIS AND FUTURE
We want to be transparent about the production cycle. It will be worth the wait, but we have researched various production alternatives so we know exactly how long it will take us before we can ship a Tinitell to your home! This is what has happened the past few months, and where we are heading.
If you want to see some larger images of Tinitell, please check out our press kit here.
Risks and challenges
Building a new kind of ”world’s-smallest” mobile phone is complex and time-consuming. We are humble to the challenge, and we know there are many pieces that will need to be put together for it to work. Getting to the point where we can ship Tinitell to your door from the point we are at now, involves the following:
1) Finalizing the design and construction for production. All the components must fit together, literally water tight. There is so much to take into regard when finishing this up. Fortunately, we have the construction experience of one of the formost plastics manufacturers to rely on, as well as the hardware experience from our ex-Sony Ericsson, CTO, Peter Lorentzon.
2) Fitting the electronics into such a tiny shell. This is no small feat. Even though we have functioning prototypes we are still working on the development of the mobile phone. Reconciling the technical requirements of a GPS system, GSM system, and a minature computer in the size of a square inch is demanding. We have two very experienced hardware engineers on our team to make this happen.
3) Setting up a logistics and quality assured manufacturing chain. In every step of the production, our manufacturers need to have strict guidelines and tests to sort out the good units from the bad as early as possible. To assist us with this, we are leveraging the knowledge of people that have done this multiple times in projects before Tinitell.
4) Getting all the pieces of the firmware in place and working without problems. There is a big difference between having a functioning prototype that makes and answers phone calls and gathers GPS data (which we do) and having it function properly under adverse conditions out in the field. Again, our team members have built both hardware and firmware for mobile phones before.
We are not shying away from any of these challenges. While we take them seriously we are determined to overcome any problem. We are committed to getting Tinitell on the market (lots of kids and parents need them) and have all the skills needed to do so. With the help from the Kickstarter community we can have the resources to move into production while also completing all of the tasks above!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)