Bia is the first multi-sport watch you'll love! Slim lightweight design. No-wait GPS. Plus a must-have safety alert for solo workouts. Read more
This project was successfully funded on July 14, 2012.
FedEx Tracking Number 803941103615
The watchbands are on their way! They are in the air and slated to arrive at our office tomorrow. We are pre-kitting the first 500 Bia's right now so that they are just waiting for final pack-out when those bands arrive.
I just made that sound WAY easier than it really is.
By the time USPS comes for their scheduled pickup of the first 500 Bia's on Friday at 12:30pm PST we will have:
- Pulled several near-all-nighters;
- Deployed a fleet of Task Rabbits (ok actually just 2) to drive across NorCal picking up last minute product labels to replace a snafu on the ones applied in China;
- Built industrial shelves to house all the packaging material that has arrived. 160 cubic feet is WAY bigger in real life than it is on paper - doh!;
- Spent at least 8 hours pouring over the thermal label printer cursing out the holy trifecta of Stamps.com, Endicia, and ReadyShipper;
- Taken a crash course in laser-etching;
- Used up 2 bottles of Febreze;
- Worn out a rubber mallet (no, really);
The second batch of 500 Bia's are scheduled to ship from China at the end of next week.
Then the remaining 2,000 on this first order are slated for mid-March. Once we get rolling this is going to go fast.
Before You Ask....
You will receive a shipping notice and tracking number via email when your Bia hits the mail. PLEASE (pretty please) don't email us to ask us if your Bia has shipped yet.
Stymied By Softgoods
Ok, so this wouldn't be a backer update without a hitch....
Watchbands are on the way. We are getting enough, and in all the right colors, to avoid any further delays in shipping. However......the way the vendor split up our order we will only be able to initially send out one watchband with each watch. Many of you are slated to get two watchbands. This means that we are going to get lots of practice shipping because we get to do it twice!
Woot woot! Start up glory at its finest!!
The real irony here is that of all aspects of the product, it's the watchband I am least happy with. So maybe it's OK we'll get more practice sending out extra bands. You'll probably see us do it a couple of more times as we improve them over the next handful of months.
Ok back to work. We'll send more pictures as we package stuff up to go!