Kidswatcher, for children between 5 - 10:
We were dedicated to build the smallest, most reliable locator in the world. So no camera, no mp3 player or phone. Locating is what the Kidswatcher does. In comparison with our competitors the Kidswatcher is the smallest, fastest and most reliable locator in the world. Many start-ups claim that they will produce such a device somewhere in the future, but they gave foreign companies the order to do the development. At Kidswatcher our dedicated team has developed every part inhouse and our prototype proves that it works.
Features of the Kidswatcher:
- Most reliable Communication: GPRS, GSM, SMS
- Tracking outside and inside buildings: Using Wifi-signals (unique in the world)
- Worldwide Connection: In almost every country with a mobile network around the world
- Simple to use, no installation
- In the future: S.O.S. Service Centre for help
The Kidswatcher is a very smart and small GPS watch for children. By using the Kidswatcher, parents always have a connection with their children. The Kidswatcher actually consists of two products; the free Watcher App, and the Kidswatcher itself. The watch communicates via the GSM mobile network with the Watcher App. So parents, who are using the app, always know the whereabouts of their children.
The ingenuity of the Kidswatcher is the combination of different technologies which has been in-house developed by the Kidswatcher Team. The watch works with advanced location determination modules, like GPRS, GSM, SMS and Wifi. This makes our product much more reliable than those from competitors. We have finished the Kidswatcher prototype and it works better than expected. We are ready to produce, so pre-order now.
Retail Price Kidswatcher = 139 euro
- Europe standard = 6 euro / month
- World standard = 90% of the countries worldwide incl High Risk countries = 8 euro / month
Components of the Kidswatcher:
In the winter of 2013 founder Erik Recter was skiing in Switzerland with his niece Nikki and the worst case scenario happened. Nikki was nowhere to be found on the slopes. Uncle Erik : "Instantly you realize how big a skiing area can be. It was getting dark and every minute seemed to last forever. Luckily after 90 minutes Nikki was found". The fear of Nikki getting lost inspired Erik to develop the Kidswatcher.
Timeline and achievements so far:
Our project Kidswatcher started in 2013 and we made a lot of progress last year. Here you see an overview of all our achievements till 2014:
Also in 2014 we had some big challenges to overcome, check them out:
Validating with our target group:
In the summer of 2013 Erik assembled a team with highly experienced engineers who believed in the idea of the Kidswatcher. From a room in the middle of Amsterdam they started from scratch working on the whole process from software to hardware engineering and also the backend solution.
- Erik Recter: Founder of Watcherenterprises
- Dave Clark: Graphic / UX Designer
- Cas van der Weegen: Lead Software Engineer
- Mark Vels: Embedded Software Engineer
- Remco Kleine: Hardware Engineer
- Timothy Tseng: Back-End Developer
- Erik Weihs: UI / UX Engineer
- Margot Polman: PR and Communications
- Edo Molhoek: Business Developer
Check for more detailed information: http://kidswatcher.org/#/team
Prototype to production. Our 2014 Roadmap:
We have completed the design of the Kidswatcher. Now we will start testing the prototypes to get ready for full production.
We have established partnerships with several Dutch companies for the production, molding and assembling of the Kidswatcher. We are using Dutch companies to be assured of the highest standards which are needed for such a complex product and efficiency purposes.
Investments so far:
The record for the fastest crowdfunded company ever in the Netherlands was broken by Kidswatcher. We have raised 185K in just two days in the first round, and in the second round 150K in four days. The raised money was spend in the R&D phase with in our mind building the most reliable and smallest locator in the world.
Risks and challenges
- Failure of the Hardware and/or Software
- Strategic alliances with partners can lead to unstability
- Limited capacity of distribution channels
- Essential employees leaving us
- (40 days)