Also visit us at Qwerkytoys to sign up for our newsletter!
Join our Facebook page or follow us on TWITTER!
The Qwerkywriter is an 84 key, USB, Bluetooth enabled, typewriter-inspired mechanical keyboard that simulates a tactile clicky feel of a vintage typewriter. It features custom typewriter-inspired keycaps, an integrated tablet stand, and a detachable USB cable via mini-USB port.
- The Qwerkywriter you see in the video and picture below is an early hand built proof-of-concept prototype as is subject to change. The final shipping version will be CAD engineered, machine tooled, and factory built.
- The Qwerkywriter is a mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Blue switches (a modern switch that emulates the typewriter clicky feel) and features beautiful chrome accented round keycaps with a vintage typewriter inspired frame.
- The Qwerkywriter tablet stand can accommodate a wide range of tablets (up to 5/8 inches thick).
- WIN US/ANSI is the default layout. MAC OS layout supported via alternate CMD keys. International/ISO layout is also supported.
- The Qwerkywriter is Bluetooth enabled for wireless connectivity.
- Return bar functionality is currently under development.
- Dimensions: 12.5" x 7.5" x 3.5" approx. Weight 3lb
Risks and challenges
Higher than average tooling cost - Initial engineering pass revealed that the unique nature of the Qwerkywriter, especially its typewriter keycap design, will be costly. We will have to strike the right balance of quality and compromises in order for Qwerkywriter to be successful.
Sourcing Components - As a niche Kickstarter project, it will be a challenge to source components at competitive prices. Managing supply chain is no small feat even for big established business. So I have given myself plenty of lead times for negotiating prices and finding the right vendors.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)