“This is the Wandering Sea. The gods have brought you here, and you must wake them if you wish to return home.”
In Sleeping Gods--and its expansion, Tides of Ruin--you and up to three friends become Captain Sofi Odessa and her crew, lost in a strange world in 1929 on your steamship, the Manticore. You must work together to survive, exploring mysterious islands, meeting new characters, and seeking out the totems of the gods so that you can return home.
- Explore a massive, open world in a game atlas of connecting maps (26 pages in total).
- Includes a novel-length storybook to read as you explore, filled with danger, discovery, and intrigue.
- Level up your crew members over a 10-20 hour campaign.
- Play multiple campaigns to unlock secrets and discover hidden treasures. It will take many campaigns to explore the entire world.
- The cooperative play allows players to jump in or out with ease, and the flexible game system allows you to stop and save your game at any time.
- Fight ferocious beasts with a unique diceless combat system that rewards good planning.
- Story decisions have deep and lasting consequences. A village might burn to the ground because you want to protect your crew. A desperate captain might seek revenge when you can’t help rescue his wife. The game includes hundreds of quests, each with multiple outcomes.
- 1-4 Players, Ages 13+
We will send a survey to the email associated with your Kickstarter account using the CrowdOx pledge manager system. You will be able to choose add-ons and provide your shipping information at that time. If you change addresses before we ship your rewards, you will be able to access your survey at this link (after we have launched the pledge manager): https://app.crowdox.com/retrieve/953146955/sleeping-gods
Rewards shipping to addresses within the US, EU, UK, Canada, and Australia will be shipped from within the US, EU, Canada, and Australia.
The cost of shipping will be charged after the campaign has ended. When the pledge manager goes out you will be asked to fill our your backer survey and you will be charged for shipping at that time.
Here are the estimated shipping costs. (Prices listed are estimates only and may be subject to change.)
Estimated shipping costs are for the base game only. Combo-packs and add-ons will increase the cost of shipping, usually by a few dollars.
International Shipping: As per Customs law, we cannot label the game as a gift for shipping. International shipments will be subject to customs charges depending on the country to which you are shipping (if you are shipping to an address in the US, EU, UK, Canada, or Australia, you will not have a customs charge).
Retail Version: The standard retail version of Sleeping Gods will not include metal coins but it will include many of the stretch goals we reach here.
Changing Backer Levels: After the project ends, backers can add additional copies and a few other limited Red Raven products to their rewards through the pledge manager.
It is possible that this game will be printed later by international publishers in various languages. Please take this into consideration when deciding if you would like to pledge.
Risks and challenges
This is our seventeenth Kickstarter project, and with each project, we could not have printed and produced them without our Kickstarter backers. We depend on the funds raised to produce, print, ship, and support the games we make with updates, rules videos, and excellent customer service. Sleeping Gods is almost ready to print, but it won't happen without your support!
There are many other challenges to making sure any Kickstarter project is successful. Because of occasional unforeseen events, it is common for board game production to be delayed. We've done all we can to ensure that this game will be delivered on time if funded. Of course, delays can happen, but the majority of our projects have been delivered early.
Another challenge is making sure that all the files and rules are correct when sent to the printer. Ryan has done the graphic design and artwork for many games. His experience helps ensure a smooth pre-production process.
With your help, we can have the funds to print the game, deal with any obstacles, and make sure you are delivered a quality product.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (23 days)