EternalCase survived next extreme tests:
- 2 hours in dishwasher
- 5 minutes on +200 Celsius degrees in the oven
- under car wheels
- few shots by driver golf club
- few hours under -30 Celsius degrees in the fridge
- New! 5 minutes in a concrete mixer with water & crushed stone
- I'll do any other tests you ask - just send an idea to firstname.lastname@example.org
The reasons to support the EternalCase:
- you may own really unbreakable 32Gb flash drive
- get a great Christmas present
- starts just from 8$ for Aircraft Aluminium EternalCase
- AND VERY AFFORDABLE: maximum is 40$ for Titanium 32Gb EternalCase Flash Drive (NEW: $45 for 32Gb USB 3.0 & 75$ for 64Gb USB 3.0)
- as a backer you get a special price (up to 20% less the on-line shop price in case of the successful funding)
- stainless steel and titanium are food safe
- EternalCase has limitless use possibilities: from case for the flash drive to the time capsule, diving accessory, self defense device etc.
The options you have
- Aircraft Aluminium or Medical Stainless Steel or Titanium
- 32Gb flash drive or just the EternalCase
- goes with key ring
- dimensions: 20mm diameter, 65mm length; inside we have 14mm diameter, 41mm bottom part length and total 55mm length
- wight: Aluminium - 25 grams Stainless Steel - 80 grams Titanium - 40 grams; add about 10 grams for key ring and flash drive total.
Here is the comparision:
The production plan
- The funding money will be used to buy raw materials for the case production (aluminium, stainless steel, titanium).
- I'll need to pay for the actual production to the selected and approved suppliers (who done the prototypes you see here).
- The special rubber rings must be produced to make EternalCase waterproof.
- And, sure, the flash drives covered by rubber must be ordered.
- Final assembling may be done by me equipped with silicon glue pistol to keep flash drive inside the case.
I've registered http://EternalCase.com and made a test shop there. It will start working ONLY if the funding will be successful.
So please support EternalCase FB page here http://www.facebook.com/pages/EternalCase/430549430340012
And retwitt EternalCase Twitter http://twitter.com/EternalCase
New crazy test passed: EternalCase & EternalCase flash drive survived in a concrete mixer with water & crushed stone!
I have tested medical stainless steel and aluminium (prototype is done from usual aluminium which is 2 times weaker the aircraft one) cases. See before and after pictures below:
See the test video in Update#9
Here is the speed test for both USB 2.0 & 3.0 32Gb flash drives (done by CrystalDiskMark):
Risks and challenges
Every project has some risks. And I'll do my best to avoid all of them.
Sure, the biggest risk is funding - I can't start the production without it. There are so many great projects here on KickStarter so, to be successful, I need your help in spreading the information about EternalCase between you friends and relatives.
If the funding will be successful, I have to make a lot of EternalCases according to the collected pledges. I have selected 2 manufacturers and got the prototypes done - so I'm confident about the quality and the production terms.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (32 days)