Right Or Racist is the party card game that confirms and combats stereotypes based on data, studies, and general information. This game will spawn great dialogue and laughter, all while informing the public on interesting data.
- Each player is dealt 10 Player Cards to begin the game
- Player Cards (front and back pictured below) are used to answer/vote on Stereotype Cards and Debate Cards
- Each turn, a player takes a turn being "it", or better known as the "Big-It"
- Stereotype and Debate Cards are shuffled in one stack, facing up so that the "Right Or Racist" logo on the cards is displayed
- For Stereotype cards (as shown below) the "Big-It" reads the statement
- It is important that the "Big-It" does not show the underside of the Stereotype Card, as the back of the card has the answer.
- Simultaneously, all players reveal their answer, using a Player Card, face up. Play "right" if you believe the statement is true, play "racist" if you believe the statement is false.
- The "Big-It" flips the Stereotype Card over to reveal the answer
- Players who answered correctly, their Player Cards are returned to their hand.
- Players who answered incorrectly, lose their Player Card.
- Wrong answers are placed directly in front of the player, facing the same way they were originally played.
- This process is repeated until one player has lost all 10 of his/her Player Cards.
- Players tally their WRONG ANSWERS to reveal if they believe in too many stereotypes, or if they cry racism too much when it does not apply.
STEREOTYPES: Are they RIGHT? Or Are they RACIST?
America is a divided country. One side claims that America has become too racist, sexist and hateful, while the side says people have become too sensitive and politically correct. I created this game to help shed some light on the truth, and try to determine once and for all, what is right and what is racist. I hope that this game becomes a tool for us to learn about one another and ourselves, engage in useful dialogue, and most importantly, to laugh at ourselves. NOTE - some items have been censored due to kickstarter regulations. The actual game is not censored.
There are 500 cards included in each set of Right Or Racist.
300 Stereotype Cards
100 Debate Cards
100 Player Cards
Stereotype Cards (multi-colored fronts) present the players with a statement asserting a stereotype. Players must determine if the statement is right (true) or racist (false).
Debate Cards (colored grey) are subjective statements that players will vote on to determine it's right or racist - and unlike America, majority vote wins!
Debate topics range from race discussions, politics, and some are just plain silly!
Players use the Player Cards to choose if they believe the Stereotype and Debate Cards listed above are right or racist.
But be careful, too many wrong answers and you run the risk of being labeled a:
- Racist bigot who incorrectly believes in too many stereotypes
- Sissy snowflake that cries racism when it doesn't apply
Right Or Racist - The Party Card Game about Stereotypes
At the end of the game, the players will evaluate themselves based on their wrong answers:
Risks and challenges
The game is completely finished. All 500 cards have been researched, written and designed. Production of the game will be simple: it's just a card game and a box.
I have already began the process of manufacturing and will be fulfilling orders via Amazon.
For now, we are keeping it simple. Expansion packs, merchandise (t-shirts, etc.) are in the works already, but one step at a time.
The last thing I need to get this going, is your generous support to get production underway! Thank you in advance for your support and let's make America right (or racist???) again!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (20 days)