We are using fulfillment companies around the world to deliver the most efficient shipping experience possible. Additionally, we are subsidizing a portion of the shipping costs to be at a decent price for each backer.
- All backers get the best product we can offer. After making a game, we learned keeping things simple is ideal. That is why we are not offering add-ons or complex pledge levels. Instead, we've gone the extra mile on enhancing the quality of the components of Hermetica (rubber playmat, magnetic hinge box, custom resin/metal units, quick reference cards, etc.), while keeping the overall cost low.
- You will be heard. We read every comment and message sent to us. All input is valuable to us, as we are always looking to improve the experience Hermetica provides. We will always be honest and transparent with you.
- Be apart of the community. The more players, the more opportunities for someone to find a game online or at a FLGS to challenge!
- Exclusive digital content activation codes are provided in this kickstarter campaign to all backers. Shortly after the campaign ends, everyone will receive a email with a unique digital activation code they can apply to a new or pre-existing account, giving your online experience and presence the ability to stand out as one of the first.
- Stretch goals will add more content and better components to improve the game for everyone - physical and digital.
- We need you. Without your help, we won't be able to print this game and share it with the world. The game is completed and ready to go, but in order to make it at such high quality, mass production is required.
- Limited Availability. It may not be in your local store and if there are any future printings, they may not contain all of the stretch goal components.
- Backers receive the game at a discount compared to after the campaign.
We love FLGS. If you are a retailer and would like to pledge at distributor pricing, please contact Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hermetica started when Chris proposed to make a simple yet complex game to Charlie and Lucas back in 2015. After failing to enjoy a tabletop game Charlie attempted to share, Chris decided to design a board game that actually utilizes mechanics centered around spatial awareness, tactical movement and replayablity.
Things were going well after some initial play-testing but it was by no means balanced. The three of them agreed to create a "perfect information game" where there would be no luck (dice) or hidden information (cards). As a result, the biggest challenge would be making Hermetica well rounded and not imbalanced.
So, there were a handful of failed attempts that went too far and became overly complicated, including one iteration where there was a "rock paper scissors" mechanic when a player moved a game piece differently based on what color the unit was and what color it was standing on.
After many months of refining, fixing, balancing and adhering to the K.I.S.S. principle - the game transformed into a state that looks familiar to what it is today - with a focused on the game pieces archetypes and a touch of "rock paper scissors" paradigm.
Then after a year of countless play-testing of the latest iteration, Chris, Charlie and Lucas couldn't find any loopholes or imbalances to the game. In fact, all three of them rarely felt like losing a game was "cheap" and no one could find a particular playing style that had a overall higher win rate. That was the sign to take Hermetica to the next stage of its life.
Once the mechanics, rules and terminology were solidified the three creators had to take off their game designer hats and put on the countless other hats to start a business.
For information about the creators and why they called it Hermetica, feel free to visit Hermetica's About page
This game is in pre-production. Kickstarter images are not final. There is no immediate plan to change any of the components, however they are subject to change and may differ slightly from what is being presented on this Kickstarter campaign.
Risks and challenges
We're keeping it simple: support our project and in return we'll send you the playable game (both physical and digital). Production will be simple since all pledge levels provide the same game edition. Currently our manufacturers, Ningbo Lijia, are lined up and just waiting for the signal once we are funded.
This will be our first self-publishing project. We've been planning this entire project for over two years with a ton of research and insight from many experienced individuals in the industry to avoid any delays in the process. That being said, the biggest risks we see for the project are the timings for manufacturing and shipping. So, we've also added a month of extra time to our timeline in case any curve-balls pop up.
We're basing our schedule on conversations with our manufactures and fulfillment partners while also gauging what other Kickstarter campaigns have managed to deliver.
Please never hesitate to message us directly with comments, concerns or suggestions.
Thanks!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)