We're one week in and have 100 backers already (including Jesse Schell!) and are over 20% funded. It is pretty exciting/nerve-wracking! Your support has been amazing so far, please help us spread the word. Our goal is to get it to 33% in 10 days and hopefully get some Kickstarter promotion. Please help spread the word. If you each get two friends to donate we think we could get there.
We have received one piece of clear and consistent feedback from you: Please explain the benefits of the game better. Ask and you shall receive!
There are five main components to working well together as a team:
- Have diverse team members
- Find a common purpose
- Create clear boundaries
- Create clear team rules
- Create explicit norms
These have been researched by experts like Ruth Wageman from Harvard through decades of work dissecting team dynamics. We're creating a playful way to learn about each of these five components throughout different levels and stages of our game. They'll include:
- A single player game where you have to create teams and watch the results of their work
- A multiplayer game where teammates choose roles to accomplish a common purpose
- Scenarios that require forming boundaries between team members
These scenarios will help activists and entrepreneurs in the following ways:
- Games can teach collaboration better than any other medium
- Our game requires people to try out new roles
- We'll have multiple scenarios taken from real situations to allow youth to better learn of the common barriers.
Finally, we have only one person signed up for our class. For only $600 (you can see this type of course costs $3k from many other outlets), we'll be creating an ongoing course for activists to check in that will use game based learning techniques to reinforce what our game will teach as well. The benefits of this level of backing will include:
- A multiplayer classroom approach using experience points to highlight progress
- Team based exercises that have proven success in fostering equal collaboration between members
- Challenges/Bosses that will excite the students.
We are excited to run this and if Saturday afternoons aren't the best time we'll have a discussion with whoever ends up in that backing category to further discuss what times work best.
Finally, our challenge to you is to go out and show this campaign and get 2 others to help us reach our goal. Let the games begin.
Nathan & Ala'