This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by .
COMET THE GAME: PLAY WITH YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS!
COMET THE GAME: PLAY WITH YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS!
Challenge your imagination alone or with friends! Create (or destroy!) innovative metaphors.Talk to your subconscious. For 1-10 players
Challenge your imagination alone or with friends! Create (or destroy!) innovative metaphors.Talk to your subconscious. For 1-10 players Read more
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by .
Play with your inner child. Boost your creativity with storytelling, cooperative and competitive games with only one deck of cards! For 1 to 10+ players.
You can play T.O.P. Comet and much more games with the same deck of cards: it's called COMET.
COMET IN A NUTSHELL:
- A complete game system: a deck of 94 cards with images and its names in English, Spanish, French and Dutch.
- Play different games: party games (like the one you can see in the main video, T.O.P. COMET), collaborative ones ("Enchained Metaphors"), memory games ("MemStory"), storytelling games and many more!... All of them crazy FUN. You can even play the cards as a powerful oracle!
- COMET improves creativity, memory, verbal agility, communication and imagination. You get to know others better than you think!
- Perfect for kids, families and colleagues as well as for new and/or experienced players.
WELCOME TO COMET!
What is the most powerful and direct way to express what you feel? Images, similes and metaphors. And what if you could play games with them and improve your vocabulary, mental agility, creativity and imagination in the process? (picture of cards with the box)
Imagine a kid that loved speaking but one day he couldn’t because his throat hurt and he couldn’t breathe properly. He was suffering from tonsilitis. He got them removed but due to a virus in his vocal cords he was unable to talk properly for a while. Good news: He eats a lot of ice-cream, and he meets a funny relative.
Imagine that the relative teaches the kid to express what he feels pointing at images from a book. How are you today? And the kid pointed to the image of a tower. And how did you feel yesterday? He points to the image of thunder. And how do you want to feel today? A picture of sunshine. What do you want to do today? He points to the image of two people playing at the beach. And there they went…
I don’t have to tell you who the kid was, right?
Years later, that kid discovered in school that he was communicating through metaphors. Later, he became a therapist and a coach to help others to detach from their emotions and solve their problems with visual aids. One day, a girl entered his life and showed him how to play with images. Then he returned to Metaphoria, the dimension where he created COMET.
WHAT IS COMET?
COMET is a collection of mind blowing games in one single deck of cards with images that represent metaphors.
- Empower yourself and others by creating motivating and challenging metaphors: think of anything, pick two cards and connect them to what you are thinking in a metaphor or simile. How fast can you do it?
- Inspire yourself by playing solitaire Mode, just connecting two cards and deeping into the connections of images and synonyms of the words in each card.
- Or Play different games depending on if you like competition, cooperation, strategy...
COMET allows you to play more than 10 different games, from collaborative to strategic and solitaire. For example, become an oracle and explain to your partners what will happen to them based on the draw of the cards. Or just pick a random card and give it a meaning with one word at the same time as your peers. Do they know you as well as you do? “What does this picture reminds you of? One, two, three…”, “Work!”, “Fun!”, “Poop”.
Do you want to have a sneak preview of COMET and play some games all along? Do you want to help us spreading the word of COMET and get something in return?
Send us a private message showing you shared our campaign, and we will send you the first design of COMET in a basic PnP. (NOTE: This basic PnP is NOT the final COMET version you can see in all the pictures. The basic PnP was created with Creative Commons images, but you can play all the games with the basic PnP too!!!)
With that basic PnP you'll be able to try out COMET and play some of the games we will be posting during the campaign in the UPDATES section.
Here are some games you can play with COMET:
Basically: after choosing a Topic, Object or Person (given in the game or decided randomly byany player), everybody plays the best card they have in their hand that is a representation, simile or metaphor of the word chosen. Everybody points and select the best represenation/card, even if it is not yours, and the most pointed wins one point.
You can download detailed instructions of more versions of TOP COMET here in this link.
Deal 8 cards to each player.
- The person who dealt places a card from the pile facing up and says out loud a word somehow related to the picture on the card (not its name).
- The winner is the person who plays all the cards in his/her hand.
Then the player on the right plays a card which image starts with the last letter of the word mentioned (not the last letter of the name of the card). If that player doesn't have a card, he/she picks a card from the pile and passes the turn to the right.
A more challenging version of Enchanted Metaphors: Connects the card with a word related which starts with the last letter of the image noun.
Example: Window (you say "WinD"), Dust (you say "TurmoiL"), Lovers (you say "SmilE"), Egg (= GlasS), Snow (= WateR), RosE (= ExpecT), TunneL (= LengtH), HosE (= ExpanD), DooR (= RingbelL), LetteR (= ReceivinG), GifT (= ThankfuL), LamP (= PoweR), RinG (= GraB), BlocK (= KnocK), KnighT (= TougH), HarP (= PerforM), MorninG (= GloriouS), StaR (= RadianT), Tower etc etc.
Even create crazy stories and challenge your colleagues' memory and imagination, with "MemStory".
- Deal 8 cards to each player.
- The oldest player draws a card facing up and starts a storytale with another representation of the image. For example, "Once upon a time there was... (card = Butterfly) a magic garden". After mentioning the card, face it down.
- The player to the right repeats the line, adds another card, repeats the story and continuing it without mentioning the images in the card but connecting them with synonyms or other representations of the cards images. "In the garden there was a queen (card = Lady)..."
- The story and the cards have to make sense and when someone mentions the name of the card instead the related word, loses the round, and everybody starts a new story.
- Any player says any word or a topic, object or persons.
- Draw four cards from the deck and face them up.
- The goal is to make a connection between some of the cards and the word before anyone else. If you find a connection (simile or metaphor) between the cards and the word chosen, clap on the table as soon as possible, say the connection out loud and collect the cards used.
- Then say another word or T. O. P. And three more cards are shown.
- If no one makes a connection, a new card is revealed every 30 seconds, until someone makes a connection, collects the two cards used and a new word is chosen.
- Example : the word is "Studying" and three cards are shown : the cave, the tongue and the glove. No one makes a connection and a new card is faced up : the lamp. A player claps his hand and shouts : "Studying is the light inside a cave". He/she picks up the two cards used and keeps them as points.
And you can play different Storytelling games too!
The simplest way to play a Storytelling game with COMET is to simply draw a few cards from the deck and tell a story about what is pictured on the cards in the order you want. There are other suggestions for playing with a group, or even to play with COMET as a solitaire telling your subconscious new and different stories.
- For example, you can play the Never-Ending-Hidden-Clues Game, for two to seven people.
- Everyone gets five cards (ten for only two players), and looks at them carefully.
- The first player puts down a card and announces the title or what the card reminds him/her of.
- The next player tries to find a card that has a link to the one just played. If they can, they show the card and the link, and pick up all the cards in the pile.If not, they add a card to the pile and the game continues to the next player.
- The game ends when only one player has cards left — though because that can lead to a never-ending game, you can play to a set time limit instead. Once the game is over, the winner tells a story using ten cards from their hand.
Storytelling COMET Game for 4-8 people:
- - Everybody picks up 5 different COMET cards.
- - Player #1: Place the cards in the order you would create a story but without showing the cards and the order to the rest of the group.
- - Pass the cards in the same order to Player #2 on your left.
- - When Player #2 receive the cards, Player #2 writes down a story following the order received.
- - Player #2 passes the story to player #3, to the left, who reads it and memorizes as much as the person can.
- - If you can’t write or read the story, player #2 whispers the story in Player #3’s ear.
- - Mix all the cards used, facing down.
- - Face all the cards up and be the first to collect the cards used in the story you have read or heard.
- - Player #1 gives you point for each element and order used in your recreation.
You can also use the Story Craze dynamic with Creative Comet Writing or Public Speaking:
- Players break up into teams to write 3 chapter stories—one chapter per round.
- Each team draws three COMET cards. Then, they have 10 minutes to incorporate their three cards while creating Chapter 1. That’s round 1.
- When the timer runs out, the first team tells their story out loud. Team #2 draws another COMET card and if they can connect to Team #1 story, they are awarded a point. Then Team #2 tells its story, and so on.
- Select new cards for Chapter 2, and continue the story. Repeat this process for Chapter 3, the final round. The team with the most points wins! If there is a tie, then a fourth chapter tie-breaking round will be played.
And play COMET as a different "Oracle"!
- First card chosen: what you really want.
- Second card: What you need.
- Third card: What you have to do.
- Or First card: the real goal.
- Second card: the problem.
- Third card: a representation of you.
Have fun creating connections and interpreting the images on your own!
And remember you can create your own games with COMET...
- If you love Storytelling, COMET is the perfect tool.
- If you want to communicate a powerful message, COMET gives you the images.
- If you love language, COMET is a visual metaphor dictionary (in English, Spanish, French and Dutch!).
The fun part is that you can also create your own game, since we are creating new games almost every month!
(video de More possibilities to do Storytelling)
All possible game instructions up to now will be provided when you back COMET THE GAME.
So don’t hesitate, back this project and challenge your creativity and imagination with COMET THE GAME.
Thanks in advance for your contribution!
Risks and challenges
I created the images deck years ago, and used it in my work as a coach, therapist and facilitator, but then someone suggested to change the deck into a game. So this is our first "proper" game. We are so excited about it that we have some games already printed and ready to ship. But we need to get more support from you to have a bigger printing.
We've done the leg work. We've worked with various producers to make sure our cards are high quality and up to our standards. If all goes well (fingers crossed) we can continue to provide you games with the same level of enjoyment, quality, humor and imagination.
Shipping and fulfillment is the most stressful and highest risk part of this campaign. We have decided to focus on our efforts in delivering in North America and Europe in the most affordable way possible. Unfortunately for those outside of these countries, the shipping may be considered expensive for other backers. But we'll be doing our best, so please do reach out with questions and we will be happy to look up shipping for your address before you purchase.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter