What is this?
Bean Lab is a coffee roasting company that, with your help, will be opening this Summer in the Highlands neighborhood, Denver, Colorado.
What is going to make Bean Lab different from other coffee
- Bean Lab will be roasting in small, controlled, custom batches!
- Our batches will be anywhere from 6 ounces to 8 pounds
depending on the need. That's a fraction of what a batch looks like at a commercial roaster, enabling us to perfect the roast each time and use your specific tastes as the profile for each batch.
- We will be sourcing our coffee beans from small farms all
over the World.
- We want all of our clients to know everything
we know about our beans and our process. We'll meet with clients on a regular basis to educate and show them how the coffee is made. The more they know, the better we can cater to individual tastes.
- We'll have a few house blends available to all, but ideally we'll be roasting on a personal level, getting to know our clients and setting up roast profiles just for them.
- We want to further develop and build Denver's coffee community. Half of that is the quality of the product, the other half is it's accessibility. Bringing people into the process of how coffee gets from the plant to their cup is a priority of ours, an experience we can provide locally.
Bean Lab needs your help making this dream become a
reality. The vision is to have people come in to our workshop, taste what we've made so far, get a feel for what they want and let us create a custom roast just for them. This, however, doesn't mean it's Denver only. You can back our project from anywhere and we'll send you some fantastic coffee as a thank you. A physical presence isn't the only way to collaborate either, we can talk to you about what you look for in a coffee and make a personal roast no matter where you're located.
By pledging money to us and becoming a backer you will help
us make this all possible.
And your part is incredibly easy!
up for an account, it’s free and only takes a minute.
up for an Amazon account, they will handle the transaction.
and choose a reward on the right side of the page to help us meet our goal.
If we don’t reach our goal of $22,000 then you will NOT get
charged any money.
There is a lot of initial money that Bean Lab will need in
order to get started.
Here is a rough estimate on where your money will go:
Our roaster - $12,000
The green coffee that we will roast - $2000
Our roasting space - $4000
Fees and licensing - $1000
Miscellaneous coffee equipment - $1000
Kickstarter and Amazon fees - $2000
Anything above $22,000 will help us grow even faster, reaching more people with knowledge about coffee while helping expand the local coffee community.
More Info and Updates -
Check out our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/beanlabcoffeeroasters
FEATURED IN 2 ARTICLES SO FAR!!!
Website coming soon!